You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BUDDZ__life

FRENCH REPUB TOKENS

36 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
17 posts
4,806 battles

So my directives have been stopped and i need 45 more tokens to get the bundle before mogador but i have no way of earning them now..So what is the deal..is everybodys directive in that state as well and is it cause of the update coming..Will i have a chance to earn the rest of the tokens cause their introducing a new currency with that update..lol..i mean its one after another im trying to get the mogador but i guess its over ..let me kno

[SOFOP]
Members
1,651 posts
11,194 battles

It was scheduled to end this morning but they have said it wasnt communicated as well as it could have been.  THey are working on it so stay tuned - they may give compensation tokens.

[R-F]
Members
1,661 posts
9,793 battles
12 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

part 2 starts tomorrow and you can earn more then

Can you though?  Unless I'm misreading the patch notes it's a different type of tokens for a different reward.

EDIT: re-checked.  Yep.  8.6 had "republic tokens".  8.7 has "french tokens".  Not the same.

Edited by Brhinosaurus

[SOFOP]
Members
1,651 posts
11,194 battles
9 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Can you though?  Unless I'm misreading the patch notes it's a different type of tokens for a different reward.

EDIT: re-checked.  Yep.  8.6 had "republic tokens".  8.7 has "french tokens".  Not the same.

Correct - they rename the tokens every patch.  Wouldn't want people getting those top prizes too early lol.

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
377 posts
8,441 battles

but Bayard would still give Repub tokens til the 26th??

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,251 posts
14,714 battles
24 minutes ago, verkhne said:

but Bayard would still give Repub tokens til the 26th??

Yes, these missions will remain available until the 26th.

1 hour ago, BUDDZ__life said:

So my directives have been stopped and i need 45 more tokens to get the bundle before mogador but i have no way of earning them now..So what is the deal..is everybodys directive in that state as well and is it cause of the update coming..Will i have a chance to earn the rest of the tokens cause their introducing a new currency with that update..lol..i mean its one after another im trying to get the mogador but i guess its over ..let me kno

It was communicated in the original update article for 0.8.6 the conclusion of the directive events would be Mon. Aug. 19 2:00 AM PT.

image.png

51 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

part 2 starts tomorrow and you can earn more then

This is incorrect, Republic Tokens will not be available in 0.8.7.0. If you have remaining missions from ships you will be able to complete them until the 26th. 

Fem, 

• Angry 2

[CVA16]
Members
4,270 posts
13,293 battles

So I have about 190 Rep tokens left. No way to get the extra 10 to actually buy something with them? Doesn't look like buying the crates will give you any...

• Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,651 posts
11,194 battles
37 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

So I have about 190 Rep tokens left. No way to get the extra 10 to actually buy something with them? Doesn't look like buying the crates will give you any...

Unless you get a french crate and then luck into a mission, you can't get any more tokens.  This event was realllllllllllly skimpy on the tokens, especially if you didn't luck out and get missions.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
3,130 posts
14,108 battles

Alas, dear friends, thy are screwed, blued and tattooed...  And, so it was said and thus, it was done.....  Makes you wonder why we can't keep players whom have limited time.......???

• Cool 3

[CVA16]
Members
4,270 posts
13,293 battles
10 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Unless you get a french crate and then luck into a mission, you can't get any more tokens.  This event was realllllllllllly skimpy on the tokens, especially if you didn't luck out and get missions.

But haven't the missions stopped? If I play a French DD, all those missions that used to be there for xp earned etc. are now gone. All progress evaporated.

[WHARF]
Members
187 posts
15,062 battles
2 hours ago, BUDDZ__life said:

dude..READ the crap...after the 4th bundle...you will have to BUY.. 30 BUNDLES...at 1000 GOLD EACH BUNDLE...DO THE MATH..to get the ship...so not worth it

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CRF]
Members
500 posts
6,828 battles
13 minutes ago, dadeoo said:

dude..READ the crap...after the 4th bundle...you will have to BUY.. 30 BUNDLES...at 1000 GOLD EACH BUNDLE...DO THE MATH..to get the ship...so not worth it

Yea - that's what got me to not worry about trying to grind through, besides having a life outside of the game.  Maybe I'll get lucky and get the ship in a Shipmas crate this year - if I decide to buy any.... depends on what goes on with the CV rework/rework/rework and what they do to us with the subs.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,105 posts
22 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

so i guess remaining tokens will be exchanged to credit as usual? what's the rate?

I believe for every 100 tokens you get a slightly used jock strap. It would be commensurate with the value of everything else from this event.

• Cool 2

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,022 posts
2,890 battles

Remember back in the Royal Navy event where you could buy the handful of guineas you were missing to get the T8 premium destroyer?  Times have changed...

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,519 posts
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Buy a premium ship T7+

Or buy back your deleted T7-T9 on the tree and take it naked and module-less into Co-Op with a zero point captain..

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,022 posts
2,890 battles
7 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Buy a premium ship T7+

Or buy back your deleted T7-T9 on the tree and take it naked and module-less into Co-Op with a zero point captain..

Remains to be seen if they will correct the missing French flakes, which also ended early yesterday even though the event page said the flakes would be available until the end of the current update, which is coming tomorrow.  At this point I wouldn't bet on that being a workable solution...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/198584-french-flakes-are-gone/

Edited by Bonfor

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
366 posts
12,623 battles

In my stupidity and using my little grind time. I made sure I ground out all of the tokens first. Thinking they would bled over to pt2. so that I could use them getting the special captain instead of wharfing up all the available coal flakes I had. Guess the joke is on me. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,519 posts
1 minute ago, Bonfor said:

Remains to be seen if they will correct the missing French flakes, which also ended early yesterday even though the event page said the flakes would be available until the end of the current update, which is coming tomorrow.  At this point I wouldn't bet on that being a workable solution...

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/198584-french-flakes-are-gone/

According to the article, T7 researchable gets you 5, T8 gets you 10

For T7s I have Mahan, Shchors, Yorck, Myoko,   at around 4.5M credits each..  Aww heck -- let me try one..

Myoko is nice, and I have plenty of ARP captains to drop on it.

NOPE....   NOPE,,,,

No snowflake

MyokoNope.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,595 posts
13,007 battles
4 hours ago, Femennenly said:

It was communicated in the original update article for 0.8.6 the conclusion of the directive events would be Mon. Aug. 19 2:00 AM PT.

image.png

The problem is if like myself you forgot what the end date was there was no easy way to look up that end date because it was only available by trolling through pages and pages of news. Please add the end date for these directives to the directives pages in the game.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,882 posts
9,583 battles
1 hour ago, Bonfor said:

Remember back in the Royal Navy event where you could buy the handful of guineas you were missing to get the T8 premium destroyer?  Times have changed...

they'd probably make more money doing it like that with higher volume

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
3,364 posts
16,697 battles
9 hours ago, BUDDZ__life said:

ITS A TECH TREE SHIP.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,969 posts
22,314 battles
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The problem is if like myself you forgot what the end date was there was no easy way to look up that end date because it was only available by trolling through pages and pages of news. Please add the end date for these directives to the directives pages in the game.

^^^^THIS...SO VERY MUCH THIS!!!!

Every update event has some deadline data:

13 hours ago, Femennenly said:

image.png

that can only be found in the original update article from 4 weeks ago...& it always ends a couple days before the next update instead of giving you until the next update.

"10/19/19 2:00 AM PT" is all the space needed to add that to the actual directive instead of intentionally trolling every update.

I haven't been able to play for almost 2 months & this was going on for many updates before then (actually for over a year as far back as the US cruiser split [July last year] at least...or basically for as long as these whole "directive" based competitions have been going on).

It is getting kind of old don't you think? Especially w/so many other events every update w/their own individual end dates it's very trollish to expect everybody to have to remember these particular end dates 4 weeks later every single update.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos