You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Primace

What is your best research point strategy in Naval Training Center?

54 comments in this topic

[CCTV2]
Beta Testers
390 posts
7,929 battles

Since only tier 6-10 ships will reward research points, and you can reset to the beginning of the branch

What is the best strategy in terms of using FXP, time, premium account and boosters? 

How to earn reset points fast and cheap and faster?

[OO7]
Members
6,046 posts
13,083 battles

I'm going to play USN dds. Great line, great stat padding potential. Then I'll do ijn dds. Same reason. 

[KSE]
Members
3,933 posts
18,359 battles

Well I'm just gonna play all the ships lines that I enjoyed so since I have all the  destroyers will be making that run

If there's competitive play going on at the same time I might wait to reset a line  I'll probably not do more than 1 or 2 lines at a time

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
123 posts
7,095 battles

You aren't supposed to use Free XP and other things to get you through more efficiently.

You're supposed to spend more time in the lower tiers.  That's what the RB is all about, not the points or the reward.

Just sayin'.

• Funny 7
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,911 posts
4,602 battles
10 minutes ago, Primace said:

How to earn reset points fast and cheap and faster?

First, it is NOT the Naval Training Center.  That was a whole different thing.  It is the Research Bureau.

What's to know?  You win (i.e. play) a Co-op battle on each T6-10 ship. 

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,620 posts
23,991 battles

I have about 3000 unused XP camos, 500 days of premium time and still a big stack of dragon and regular XP flags. You can speed it up by getting some Papa Papa flags, so you earn more freeXP to your XP.

Just reset the same line you are good with again and again.

Or I could get the WG customer of the year award by exchanging my 48mio XP on ships to freeXP.

Still, I don't think I will do it.

• Cool 2

Members
2,105 posts
3,709 battles
Just now, Croda said:

You aren't supposed to use Free XP and other things to get you through more efficiently.

You're supposed to spend more time in the lower tiers.  That's what the RB is all about, not the points or the reward.

Just sayin'.

Yes, that's the way it was sold at the beginning, but the simple fact is that you get more of what you incentivize, so WeeGee will get a lot of people FXPing to T6, since the incentives encourage you to do that.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
365 posts
11,494 battles

The best strategy is to not regrind any lines using the research bureau, so on WG spread sheets they will see very few people are using the system, then after a while will remove it from game.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
11 minutes ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

I'm going to play USN dds. Great line

Me too, it's easy and enjoyable. I'll just do that line once each season.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
21,227 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Yes, that's the way it was sold at the beginning, but the simple fact is that you get more of what you incentivize, so WeeGee will get a lot of people FXPing to T6, since the incentives encourage you to do that.

This....since it's only about 30,000 to 40,000 free xp to get to tier VI.  

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
5,863 posts
3 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

I, personally, am not going to do that.  FXP is slow to obtain and is needed for FXP ships.  If one wants to pay the money to unlock it, sure I suppose.

T1-T5 are a super fast grind though and I can generally be to T6 within a day.  As slow as FXP comes for "free", I will just play the game like I always do and reap as much FXP as I can along the way.

As a general rule, since I am going to play the game anyway, if I can get something for free, I will do that.  I save the FXP I gain from that to get the things that I cannot get in any other way.

Short cuts and instant gratification, almost always end up costing more than they are worth in the larger picture.

• Funny 1

Members
2,105 posts
3,709 battles
1 hour ago, Merc85 said:

Even if that wasn't the incentive, they STILL wouldn't have many people playing low tier games for long for the simple reason that it doesn't take much playing to get to T6, and people's goals will be to get there as fast as possible, not to stick around at T2-5 where there's no incentive for continuing to play there any longer than absolutely necessary.

Especially when WeeGee is also waving around back-to-back T7+ mission/event grinds at the same time. When you have choices of how to spend your game time, I reckon most people will spend it on whatever gives the most rewards for the least aggravation.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
5,308 posts
16,189 battles

My plan is to ignore this terrible idea and not take part of it. 
If WG wants players to play the mid tier ships than give them missions that reward stuff.
But selling several entire lines and regrinding them has to be one of the dumbest ideas since the 0.8.0 CV Rework patch. 
Unfortunately the powers at be have their head so far up their own stern they can't hear the majority of their player bases disgust for the Research Bureau.  
For some reason WG has decided the best way to keep players engaged with the game is adding more and more grindy aspect to the game and not fun and engaging content. 
And we wonder why players are burned out and not playing as much any more. 

• Cool 3

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,331 posts
9,171 battles
26 minutes ago, Primace said:
  1. Since only tier 6-10 ships will reward research points, and you can reset to the beginning of the branch
  2. What is the best strategy in terms of using FXP, time, premium account and boosters? 
  3. How to earn reset points fast and cheap and faster?

pro tip free xp to t6, then free xp from stock to elite, then play until bored, with flags and 200% xp camo, then free xp some more. Don't forget to buy doublons from the premium shop to pay for captain skill retraining, and more free xp. Oh you can also buy "booster packs" for specific tech trees from the premium shop, that start you off at tier7/8. Worth checking for sales on those. A credit card is an essential strategy for all this.

once you have unlocked your tier 10 again, and have earned your tokens, you will be able to exchange them for even more free xp bundkes in the Research Bureau. Which you can spend on resetting and freexping another tech tree too.

brilliant concept/

• Funny 1

[CK5]
Members
1,176 posts
11,169 battles

My stress free strategy is that I am going to completely ignore Research Bureau and assume it doesn't exist.  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,331 posts
9,171 battles
7 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

FXP is slow to obtain and is needed for FXP ships. 

not for veteran players. They (we) have millions of unspent free xp, thousands of special extra xp camos, premium ships galore, doublons aplenty, all sorts of xp boosting flags, honestly we don't know what to do with our free xp. There is nothing interesting to spend it on.

(personally, until we get a free xp Surcouf, I won't spend any of my billions of easily earned free xp)

[TBB]
Members
33 posts
15,587 battles

probably reset the split cruiser (US) line to 6. play both sides since through events we have perma camo's for a fair number of the ships 6 - 8.  

[A-D-F]
5,863 posts
41 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Me too, it's easy and enjoyable. I'll just do that line once each season.

This is a good point.  Keep in mind that per the article, there is a bonus for the first line that you reset every season.

[A-D-F]
5,863 posts
27 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

not for veteran players. They (we) have millions of unspent free xp, thousands of special extra xp camos, premium ships galore, doublons aplenty, all sorts of xp boosting flags, honestly we don't know what to do with our free xp. There is nothing interesting to spend it on.

(personally, until we get a free xp Surcouf, I won't spend any of my billions of easily earned free xp)

I am a veteran of sorts, from closed beta etc.  I have found that if I purchase every available FXP ship as the come out, it generally gets used up and I don't have a lot of excess.  If you are passing on the FXP ships, then I assume that's a different story.

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

This is a good point.  Keep in mind that per the article, there is a bonus for the first line that you reset every season.

This was my thinking, thus 1 line per season to maximize the RB points without extra grindyness :Smile_trollface: 

• Cool 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,319 battles

@Croda getting people to play lower tiers more is not the main purpose of the RB. The main purpose is to get players to use up their saved up Free XP to get a line or two reset for the points toward a prize and then to tempt some to by doubloons and convert banked ship XP to avoid the GRIND.

If you don't mind the grind you'll take your time and increase your convertible ship xp and free xp and likely never reset enough times to get a prize without buying doubloons to speed up the process.

It will increase lower tier play but mainly only for those choosing to grind a line from tier 1 to 10.

[AVW]
Members
135 posts
22,882 battles

My strategy is very simple. NOT DOING IT! Saves a ton of time, credits and aggravation. Win/Win for me.

I have 22 Tier 10s. I'll be damned if I re - grind anything.

PS i'm also saving a lot of RL money by not buying anything from the Premium shop for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Zilla
spelling and added context
  • Cool 3

[AVW]
Members
135 posts
22,882 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

First, it is NOT the Naval Training Center.  That was a whole different thing.  It is the Research Bureau.

This is a LIE. It's fake news. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

https://youtu.be/pJfHYopptoM

Edited by Zilla
added video
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,707 posts
7,396 battles

Reset 3 DD lines (whichever is cheapest) then reset one CV line to get 58k research points

Free xp up to tier 6 then play ops until I unlock tier 8. Then free xp to the tier 10 and repeat.