You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CASCA2463

tier 10 points

14 comments in this topic

[CAPCO]
Members
29 posts
10,372 battles

When resetting a branch, what happens to the millions of accumulated Ship XP points?

Members
207 posts
1,139 battles

If i rember correctly, they go to the t1 ship, the thing is you can still spend doubloons to get that juicy free exp

[OO7]
Members
6,028 posts
13,054 battles

Hopefully bugged so that they show up on all the ships again as you unlock them. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,853 posts
2 minutes ago, taberuco said:

If i rember correctly, they go to the t1 ship, the thing is you can still spend doubloons to get that juicy free exp

This is correct, all ship XP is moved to the T1 of that line.

[A-D-F]
5,853 posts
3 minutes ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

Hopefully bugged so that they show up on all the ships again as you unlock them. 

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what ship it goes to.  It's useless unless you are going to pay to unlock it.  If you are going to pay to unlock it, all that matters is that you still have it.

[OO7]
Members
6,028 posts
13,054 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Honestly, it really doesn't matter what ship it goes to.  It's useless unless you are going to pay to unlock it.  If you are going to pay to unlock it, all that matters is that you still have it.

But if you unlock your tier 6 Farragut after a reset and it shows up in your port with 30k exp on it, that's 30k you don't have to grind. 

[A-D-F]
5,853 posts
5 minutes ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

But if you unlock your tier 6 Farragut after a reset and it shows up in your port with 30k exp on it, that's 30k you don't have to grind. 

That isn't going to happen.  The requirements of the NTC are that you either regrind the line, or use FXP to skip part or all of the regrind.

Everything WG does has the goal of making money.  I don't blame them for that.  If they put ship XP back on the ships it came from, there is not reason to regrind and hence no incentive to spend money.

If they did that, players would be done with the NTC thing and have their new ships in a matter of minutes.

[OO7]
Members
6,028 posts
13,054 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

That isn't going to happen.  The requirements of the NTC are that you either regrind the line, or use FXP to skip part or all of the regrind.

Everything WG does has the goal of making money.  I don't blame them for that.  If they put ship XP back on the ships it came from, there is not reason to regrind and hence no incentive to spend money.

If they did that, players would be done with the NTC thing and have their new ships in a matter of minutes.

That's why I said hopefully bugged in my first comment. I know it's not supposed to be like that. But the ability of WG to bug something up has me hopeful. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
5,853 posts
5 minutes ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

That's why I said hopefully bugged in my first comment. I know it's not supposed to be like that. But the ability of WG to bug something up has me hopeful. 

That would be a very unfair advantage to those that were able to make use of it and would money lost for WG.

If a bug like that were to occur, it would be fixed and any "progress" reversed on everyone's account, as soon as possible.

The ship XP returning to the T1 ship is the same thing they did with the CV refunds for the rework in patch 8.0, back in January of this year.  That code already exists and worked correctly.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,647 posts
11,120 battles

They have had the logic in place for years that moves XP to the tier 1 of the line when a ship is removed (rentals, special event ships, etc)...I'd be pretty sure that it's going to work right.

But yes, it will be moved to the tier 1 of the line so it can be converted to FXP by the whales.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,250 battles

@CASCA2463 If you don't have plenty of Free XP saved up you aren't going to be able to do very many resets without buying doubloons to convert the stored ship XP. 

In the Public Test we were given enough doubloons and Free XP to reset lines several times over 3 or 4 days and not use it all. It wont be that easy in the regular game.

[SALVO]
Members
23,384 posts
23,974 battles
1 hour ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

Ya know, honestly, I think that that would be a good idea, if you think about it.  If players have played their regular tech tree ships often even after they've researched the next ship in the line, that would be a good way to reward them for having done so.    And if they could research the next ship in the line (after having dropped the line for the NTC) completely out of that Elite XP (not FXP), then perhaps they shouldn't even have to buy the ship and play that one more  battle to earn the NTC points.

This would be a great reward for continuing to own and play sub-tier 10 tech tree ships.

[SALVO]
Members
23,384 posts
23,974 battles
50 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

They have had the logic in place for years that moves XP to the tier 1 of the line when a ship is removed (rentals, special event ships, etc)...I'd be pretty sure that it's going to work right.

But yes, it will be moved to the tier 1 of the line so it can be converted to FXP by the whales.

One has to have an awful lot of disposable income to pay to convert the ridiculous amounts of Elite XP some have.  After all, it's not at all cheap to do it.  It seems to me that the best way to minimize the cost of conversion is to buy up some doubloons when they're on sale, and then wait for those rare occasions when they have a sale on Elite to Free XP conversions.  Even then, it's not cheap.  Just a little less costly.

And BTW, I agree with your observation about having the Elite XP moving to tier 1 logic in place.