You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatsAPaladin

So no more flak for DDs, then?

5 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles

So with flak more or less being relagated to long range so carriers can focus on aiming at mid and short range, that seems to leave DDs in a tight spot since you leave AA off until the planes would detect you. And with most DDs, this is less than the range of your flak (assuming you're in a DD that even has long range AA). 

Am I missing something here?

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
5,058 posts
2,408 battles

I pointed this out a while ago.  Added to this flak change is the priority sector change and the nerfing of DFAA, and DDs are likely to come out losers on the new AA changes.  Assuming you leave your AA off, as you should, until you get detected, you activate your priority sector and by the time it ramps up to the full buff the planes have overflown to the weak AA side of your DD.  Also, the percentage buff for DFAA will be a flat 50%, where it was 200% for DDs.  This is a triple nerf to DD AA.  We'll see how this plays out.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
11,839 battles

I normally pre-assign my priority sector on DDs when in a griefer match. So once spotted I can start out at 150% AA.

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,171 posts
17,696 battles
22 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I normally pre-assign my priority sector on DDs when in a griefer match. So once spotted I can start out at 150% AA.

Not under new Priority AA feature.

Read patch notes.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,865 posts
13,960 battles

Flak are useless vs a not-brainless-cv, the problem is the continuous dmg, what is going increase with the overlap AA.