Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IIV_BucketRon

I fail to understand the overwhelming amount of complaining about WG.

79 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

43
[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
7 posts
6,383 battles

I've played 100's of games for years now and i can't think of any other game where there was so much complaining about a free (if you choose) game. I see it in streams, forums, reddit and youtube. I go into a WOWS twitch stream and half the chat is complaining or asking for free codes. In my experience, WG has listened to the player base alot more than most other games and they continuously throw free content to the player base. I can appreciate someone who has spent 100s of $ on the game having a heated opinion once in awhile but there is always the option to stop spending. Everyone has an opinion on how they think the game should evolve but thousands of opinions are just that. Opinions. If WG was doing as bad of a job as some believe, there would be no game to play as they would be out of business. I have no affiliation with this company, i'm just some shlub that likes to blow stuff up. I personally think WG deserves alot more credit as this is a beautiful game and 98% of the time it works as intended. Too much salt isn't good for your heart. Some need to be reminded of that once in awhile. I for one will see some of you ingame and most likely will be smiling like a goober the whole time i'm shooting at you. :) Have a better day 

  • Cool 35
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,446
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,825 posts
7 minutes ago, IIV_BucketRon said:

I've played 100's of games for years now and i can't think of any other game where there was so much complaining about a free (if you choose) game. I see it in streams, forums, reddit and youtube. I go into a WOWS twitch stream and half the chat is complaining or asking for free codes. In my experience, WG has listened to the player base alot more than most other games and they continuously throw free content to the player base. I can appreciate someone who has spent 100s of $ on the game having a heated opinion once in awhile but there is always the option to stop spending. Everyone has an opinion on how they think the game should evolve but thousands of opinions are just that. Opinions. If WG was doing as bad of a job as some believe, there would be no game to play as they would be out of business. I have no affiliation with this company, i'm just some shlub that likes to blow stuff up. I personally think WG deserves alot more credit as this is a beautiful game and 98% of the time it works as intended. Too much salt isn't good for your heart. Some need to be reminded of that once in awhile. I for one will see some of you ingame and most likely will be smiling like a goober the whole time i'm shooting at you. :) Have a better day 

I completely agree with you.

  • Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,088 posts
20,280 battles

Most complaints come from people that really like the game and are concerned (vocally) about perceived damage being done to it. Little or no complaints means a) it's about perfect, or b) it's about to be abandoned. See it as tough love rather than complaints due to a generally contrary nature.

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 10
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,426
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,218 posts
9,171 battles

You can read complaints about WOWS, because WG gives us a space to express our complaints.

You cannot read complaints about other games, on their community spaces, because those "other" games, won't publish them.

WG is neither worse, nor better than the other publishers as far as we have reason to complain, the problem is not Wargaming, the problem is that they are all just as bad as one another. Excepting in one respect, WG accepts players need to voice their concerns - which does not mean listening to them, (I have probably been on the ignore blacklist for since Alpha days, too much whinging)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,481
[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

Entitled Millennials. They weren't beaten properly as children. Their parents were afraid the kids would call the cops on them because they got spanked for being an entitled brat. Now they think WG owes them.

Problem explained.

 

7.gif

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,305
[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,206 battles

@IIV_BucketRon people complain just to complain. I suspect 99.9% of all complaints seen on the forum are based on I want this done my way or Make everyone else play exactly as I want them to.

The remaining .1% shouldn't be on the forum either. They should be made in a support ticket and direct messages to WG Staff Members. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,426
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,218 posts
9,171 battles
10 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@IIV_BucketRon people complain just to complain. I suspect 99.9% of all complaints seen on the forum are based on I want this done my way or Make everyone else play exactly as I want them to.

The remaining .1% shouldn't be on the forum either. They should be made in a support ticket and direct messages to WG Staff Members. 

I suspect your statistics are imaginary.

The majority of complaints we see on this forum, concern gameplay mechanics which are under development, or unintuitive, or raise all sorts of questions, e.g CV rework, NTC, future tech tree releases (Italians), monetization  strategies (e.g loot box gambling, early access). Some commentators do complain about everything that is new, or at least we can get that impression. others tend to complain about specific aspects of game developments.

As for support tickets, I have been told multiple times by forums admins and moderators, that the primary function of this forum, is, wait for it :.... to complain (providing feedback). Well of course, we can also express satisfaction (hear me cheering on submarine development!).

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
24 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Most complaints come from people that really like the game and are concerned

Or the people who refuse to adapt and hate any change that may change the meta because they don't really know how to play the game

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,213
[WOLF7]
Members
12,297 posts

Why does someone with no recent games played, come to the forums and complain about the complainers?:cap_hmm:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,213
[WOLF7]
Members
12,297 posts
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

Or the people who refuse to adapt and hate any change that may change the meta because they don't really know how to play the game

Considering 92% of the player base averages less than 3.3 games per day, that pretty much describes the player base.

It's an arcade game, and the vast majority of players treat it like one.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
527
[SFBG]
Members
1,662 posts
9,091 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Why does someone with no recent games played, come to the forums and complain about the complainers?:cap_hmm:

He's probably spending his time reading this forum, and watching twitch streamers.. doing that too much is a buzzkill..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Considering 92% of the player base averages less than 3.3 games per day, that pretty much describes the player base.

It's an arcade game, and the vast majority of players treat it like one.

honestly I'm not one to be talking. I have played in over a year and a half because of a dead computer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Considering 92% of the player base averages less than 3.3 games per day, that pretty much describes the player base.

It's an arcade game, and the vast majority of players treat it like one.

Me or the OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,058
[SIDE]
Members
2,783 posts
50 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Most complaints come from people that really like the game and are concerned (vocally) about perceived damage being done to it. Little or no complaints means a) it's about perfect, or b) it's about to be abandoned. See it as tough love rather than complaints due to a generally contrary nature.

Agree. I dont always agree with he complaints but I'd rather people talk about stuff than be silent and fade away. 

I appreciate all our salty wieners! Moan and groan more! Keep it up and keep it coming!

Edited by thebigblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,305
[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,206 battles

@LoveBote My statement has nothing to do with statistics either real or imagined. It is based on almost 8 years of observation. The .1% aired here I feel are valid and would be better served by submitting support tickets and direct messaging than just here on the forum.

The 99.9% I want this done to suit me threads and responses to then should be deleted by mods immediately.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[LOSC]
Members
470 posts
54 minutes ago, IIV_BucketRon said:

 I go into a WOWS twitch stream and half the chat is complaining or asking for free codes.  

I for one will see some of you ingame and most likely will be smiling like a goober the whole time i'm shooting at you. :) Have a better day 

Nothing wrong with asking for free codes. 

By the way, do you have any free Codes????

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,426
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,218 posts
9,171 battles
6 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@LoveBote My statement has nothing to do with statistics either real or imagined. It is based on almost 8 years of observation. The .1% aired here I feel are valid and would be better served by submitting support tickets and direct messaging than just here on the forum.

The 99.9% I want this done to suit me threads and responses to then should be deleted by mods immediately.

I too, have been on this forum since it began, 8 years ago(?), I disagree with your stats. The majority of the complaints concern the health of the game. Of course each opinion expressed is subjective and represents and individual view. But so what? Would you prefer a hive mind, or to see our brains slaved to a central wellspeek?

As for direct messaging, I am doubtful Kami, Fem, or any of the devs would appreciate having forum complaints, sent by /dm. Their inboxes would quickly explode. While the support ticket system would drown in the sheer volume of concern.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,885
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,612 posts
23,872 battles
45 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

You can read complaints about WOWS, because WG gives us a space to express our complaints.

You cannot read complaints about other games, on their community spaces, because those "other" games, won't publish them.

WG is neither worse, nor better than the other publishers as far as we have reason to complain, the problem is not Wargaming, the problem is that they are all just as bad as one another. Excepting in one respect, WG accepts players need to voice their concerns - which does not mean listening to them, (I have probably been on the ignore blacklist for since Alpha days, too much whinging)

Black Desert Online and [edited] are very good in closing topics or removing posts that are complaining.

At least WG try to take care about the more well formulated complains, even it takes time.

@Sub_Octavian Is very active at reddit when a new "shitstorm" starts. Also there are Devs and CM that answer direct to posts, something you don't have in many games.

Plus: WG admits when they made a grave error.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,426
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,218 posts
9,171 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

WG admits when they made a grave error.

they wriggle, and squirm, I could swear they even blush, but at the end of the day, when they have messed up, they have admitted it. this is true.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,361
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,068 posts
58 minutes ago, IIV_BucketRon said:

If WG was doing as bad of a job as some believe, there would be no game to play as they would be out of business. 

Some people believe what they will and won't change their minds no mater what evidence you present to the contrary. My sibling and her husband bit my head off this morning because I complemented Amazon on nicely packaging something they'd sent me. In their opinion Amazon is the great evil that never pays taxes, abuses its workers, and can do nothing right. I notice that their belief doesn't stop them from ordering things from the company though.

Quote

 Amazon reported "cash taxes paid" -- or the amount of funds actually paid in taxes -- of $1.2 billion last year

But you can't reason with the fanatical.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,500
[PVE]
Members
1,538 posts
13,183 battles

well, looking at the posts on the front page of general discussion now we have...

-players not realizing that the French DD event has ended---Kinda silly since there's plenty of notice of end date in game, on the forum, and on the website.

-complaints about ships being locked behind massive paywalls---legit complaint.

-complaints about the low skill of some players---meh this is a hard to learn arcade game, there will always be taters. 

-discussions about research bureau---I'm not taking part in it but have at it if you have the time and lots of free exp.(would have been a much better idea if you didn't lose the ships but instead had to earn exp with them.)

-complaints about DDs in ranked and clan battles---not gonna change anytime soon.

-Discussions about submarines---Seeing how WG bungled the CV rebork, the anxiety is understandable.

 

I don't see all this negativity you are speaking of.:Smile_veryhappy:

 

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
7 posts
6,383 battles
40 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Why does someone with no recent games played, come to the forums and complain about the complainers?:cap_hmm:

no recent games? i played an hour ago lol..I have the drool marks on my shirt to prove it 

Edited by IIV_BucketRon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×