You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

French Flakes are gone?

29 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,837 posts
4,602 battles

French Flakes are gone !

I got up early this morning to finish my Frogly breakfast cereal (great with catsup) and the box is empty! 

WG. please stop staggering these event ends.  It's hard enough remembering one date (that practically is the previous day).  An event ends when an event ends.  It shouldn't peter out piecemeal.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[WGA]
Administrator
2,249 posts
14,707 battles

Heyo Captains,

We are aware of this situation and are currently determining the appropriate course of action following on from this.

We should have more information for you in the next few days.

Fem, 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

French Flakes are gone !

I got up early this morning to finish my Frogly breakfast cereal (great with catsup) and the box is empty! 

Damn! Good thing I powered my way to the Colorado last night instead of waiting!

(Not that it will make a difference; those few extra French-flake tokens don't push me over any particular eligibility line.)

WG has been good about these things in the past, and @Femennenly weighing in so quickly the way she did suggests that WG acknowledges an oops and will rectify appropriately.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
11,683 battles

If I recall, was't the end date visible if you hovered over a snowflake, when its token or coal value was displayed?

Members
80 posts
2,843 battles
15 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

If I recall, was't the end date visible if you hovered over a snowflake, when its token or coal value was displayed?

Yes...I'm surprised its an issue.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,837 posts
4,602 battles
14 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

If it was, it would have been Aug 20, which is the "memory" end date of the event.

17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

WG has been good about these things in the past,

This one is going to be tough.  I want compensation, but I had only a few ships to finish, evenly split between Coal and Frogpoints.  One guy earlier had only Coal left - 12,000 Coal.  Hmmm....

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

If it was, it would have been Aug 20, which is the "memory" end date of the event.

But as you should know by now, that date is early in the morning, at server reset - NOT close of play on that day.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
7,411 posts
5,355 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

This one is going to be tough.  I want compensation, but I had only a few ships to finish, evenly split between Coal and Frogpoints.  One guy earlier had only Coal left - 12,000 Coal.  Hmmm....

There was a preliminary announcement that was removed.

I won't say what was in it, other than it would have been very beneficial to us that had no rewards left to collect.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,837 posts
4,602 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

But as you should know by now, that date is early in the morning, at server reset - NOT close of play on that day.

That's my point.  The actual end date is Aug 21, but to compensate for the early morning time, we remember it as Aug 20.  You say the Flakes become too soggy on Aug 20 I read that as coincident with the end of the event.  Unless, that is, I have a reason to really think about it, which in a flyover I don't; I just want to know what the flake pays.

Members
80 posts
2,843 battles

The date on my flakes was 8/18   I debated that night if I really wanted to finish the last few...I didn't.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
1 minute ago, Nukelavee45 said:

Don't think I bothered getting more than maybe 8 ships worth of flakes done, out of 77 ships.

Oh dear.

I took advantage of the fact that we had a day at the start of this patch before directives began, and that I finished the first directive quickly, to knock all mine off in co-op as fast as I could.

Excluding the ships I obtained in between, I think I had them all done by the end of the first week.

WG, THIS is how you get people to play the low tiers; put some sort of flake on them and let us trade it in for something.

Beta Testers
1,609 posts
10,174 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh dear.

I took advantage of the fact that we had a day at the start of this patch before directives began, and that I finished the first directive quickly, to knock all mine off in co-op as fast as I could.

Excluding the ships I obtained in between, I think I had them all done by the end of the first week.

WG, THIS is how you get people to play the low tiers; put some sort of flake on them and let us trade it in for something.

Not certain how your point relates to my post.  Actually, my statement is pretty much the opposite of yours - these things do nothing to effect my playing.  Which may make me an outlier, but there has yet to be a coal/steel/FXP ship offered I cared to work for.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
748 posts
10,723 battles
30 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

14 minutes ago, Almedius said:

Yes...I'm surprised its an issue.

Yep, I noticed that yesterday.  I had acquired a couple of new ships that I'd not knocked those off.  Stay alert, stay alive....

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
3 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

Not certain how your point relates to my post.  Actually, my statement is pretty much the opposite of yours - these things do nothing to effect my playing.  Which may make me an outlier, but there has yet to be a coal/steel/FXP ship offered I cared to work for.

In that case you have not lost out, but if you got the French destroyer unlocks and like them you potentially missed out on earning free permacamos for them.

Beta Testers
1,609 posts
10,174 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In that case you have not lost out, but if you got the French destroyer unlocks and like them you potentially missed out on earning free permacamos for them.

Again, not concerned.  As in, I've maxed both IJN DD lines and both Russian ones, as well as USN.  I play my Khab, ignore my Shima and Huru, have yet to touch the, um, Benson?  Got a Hindy and Zao, can't be bothered to play them.  I ignore CV and BB lines....

I like playing my, say, 10 favourites.  I enjoy the game enough to run a premium account, to keep the game afloat.  But honestly, Kuma, Minekaza, Leander, Fiji, and Khab, and sometimes Mino are all I play.

[INTEL]
Members
2,571 posts
13,417 battles
50 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

46 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That's my point.  The actual end date is Aug 21, but to compensate for the early morning time, we remember it as Aug 20.  You say the Flakes become too soggy on Aug 20 I read that as coincident with the end of the event.  Unless, that is, I have a reason to really think about it, which in a flyover I don't; I just want to know what the flake pays.

It happened at 7:00 PM CST on Monday.  I had a little over 2000 coal to 'burn' so I started a Co-Op just prior to 7:00 while I was waiting on a teammate to finish a battle.   After the battle I noticed the flake filter was gone and then looked for the flakes...gone.

Edited by ClassicLib

[ARGSY]
6,617 posts
23,933 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

We are aware of this situation and are currently determining the appropriate course of action following on from this.

We should have more information for you in the next few days.

Fem, 

Very anoying. I have 240k coal and still 3k coal I could get. The Smolensk would have been a more or less a insta buy after the server come up tomorrow.

[NEMO]
Members
145 posts
8,428 battles
19 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

It happened at 7:00 PM CST on Monday.  I had a little over 2000 coal to 'burn' so I started a Co-Op just prior to 7:00 while I was waiting on a teammate to finish a battle.   After the battle I noticed the flake filter was gone and then looked for the flakes...gone.

That's when I noticed it too...played a battle..when it ended all the flakes were gone.

[A-D-F]
5,853 posts
24 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Very anoying. I have 240k coal and still 3k coal I could get. The Smolensk would have been a more or less a insta buy after the server come up tomorrow.

While you are completely on the right side of things to expect that an event will run to the previously stated dates, this is why I don't want until the last minute to do anything in life.

Again, you are not wrong and WG needs to correct this.  I just avoid these possibilities if at all possible.

[ARGSY]
6,617 posts
23,933 battles
38 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

While you are completely on the right side of things to expect that an event will run to the previously stated dates, this is why I don't want until the last minute to do anything in life.

Again, you are not wrong and WG needs to correct this.  I just avoid these possibilities if at all possible.

Was the sheer amount of ships that force me to take a break from co op. I had something of.. 230 ships I could have earned coal and tokens with. And I felt brain dead after more then 10 co op battles in a row, especially with those slow low tier ships.

[SPU]
Members
134 posts
15,978 battles

1295858452_Screenshot(157).thumb.png.4167acee45fd07bb02e8d3515fa6611b.png

Says here THROUGHOUT update 0.8.6, as well as for DURATION of update.

Edited by Morte_DeMeat
  • Cool 2

[A-D-F]
5,853 posts
8 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Was the sheer amount of ships that force me to take a break from co op. I had something of.. 230 ships I could have earned coal with. And I felt brain dead after more then 10 co op battles in a row, especially with those slow low tier ships.

I had around 175 to get through and had them done in 2.5 days, do NOT follow my example :Smile_teethhappy: