Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rokkator

PSA Commander Skill Reset Only if You Choose to Participate?

19 comments in this topic

Members
65 posts
9,631 battles

So I was reading through the patch notes for update 0.8.7 and I noticed that in light of the upcoming AA changes, (and changes in the Manual Fire Control for AA Armament Commander skill) they're offering a commander skill reset. 

However, the wording in the patch notes sounds like you only get this reset if you press the button and choose to participate in this reset. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.add44dfbaeda004836a4431a98e2997b.PNG

PSA, all of you make sure you activate this. Apparently they're not just going to give it out for free anymore. 

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,650 posts
11,140 battles

That is a very odd "Opt In".  Usually this is done in cases where people might not want it (like goofy free ships or missions they arent interested in)....not sure anyone would refuse a free respec.

Thanks though..I'm sure MANY will have missed this one.

Members
207 posts
1,139 battles

Considering very low people visits this place and the website... thats shady at best, i bet the appropiate word is edited

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles
Just now, taberuco said:

Considering very low people visits this place and the website... thats shady at best

No, it's their problem for not taking every possible step to inform themselves of what's going on. This is something I've done from the very start. Why is everybody else not doing so also?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 3

[TARK]
Members
452 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, it's their problem for not taking every possible step to inform themselves of what's going on. This is something I've done from the very start. Why is everybody else not doing so also?

IDK... this is a bleeping VIDEO GAME?  rofl

• Cool 3

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,862 posts
1 minute ago, turdjelly said:

IDK... this is a bleeping VIDEO GAME?  rofl

Every video game has patch notes.  It has always been important to read them.  Very much so with online games that change often.

The patches will never stop coming, which is a good thing.  It will always benefit the player to read them.  Understanding how something has changed is a fantastic advantage in matches over players who do not understand how things have just changed.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles
13 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Thanks!  Very important PSA.  +1 :cap_like:

I agree, well done Rokkator and thanks for the heads up!    +1

[-KAK-]
Members
476 posts
8,676 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's one thing to hide info in the patch notes, but WG has a habit of hiding information EVERYWHERE. Think about it - There's the patch notes, there's articles on the main page, there's random subforums here, there's the dev blog, reddit, streams, etc. You can't expect everyone to follow every single one of these sources 24/7. 

In this case, reading the patch notes is (in my mind) fairly reasonable. That said, taking every possible step to inform ourselves of what's going on simply isn't feasible for alot of players who don't have endless amounts of free time to search a dozen different information sources.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,862 posts
9 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

It's one thing to hide info in the patch notes, but WG has a habit of hiding information EVERYWHERE. Think about it - There's the patch notes, there's articles on the main page, there's random subforums here, there's the dev blog, reddit, streams, etc. You can't expect everyone to follow every single one of these sources 24/7. 

In this case, reading the patch notes is (in my mind) fairly reasonable. That said, taking every possible step to inform ourselves of what's going on simply isn't feasible for alot of players who don't have endless amounts of free time to search a dozen different information sources.

The only ones you "really" need to follow are the news articles, which you can read on the site or in game.  The dev blogs/reddit/wows forums/streams etc are good to keep up with, so you have the big picture of what's coming but to know what is going on "right now" the news articles are all you really need.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,238 posts

So if I hit the button, will ALL my captains be reset to zero points spent, or will it just unlock the option in-game to do it one captain at a time for a discount? 

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

So if I hit the button, will ALL my captains be reset to zero points spent, or will it just unlock the option in-game to do it one captain at a time for a discount? 

It's kinda vague isn't it, guess we won't know until tomorrow.

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
123 posts
7,075 battles
1 minute ago, SpudZero said:

It's kinda vague isn't it, guess we won't know until tomorrow.

lol, the button probably expires before tomorrow...which was likely communicated in some other article...about subs...in Russian...sorry u didn't see it...

[WOLF3]
Members
22,879 posts
20,803 battles

It's shady.  The players who frequent forums and check the news all the time are fine, but there's players out there that will not know about this and will not get the respec.  Those guys, WG can make money off them as they try to spend Doubloons for Retraining.

Shady a.f.

• Cool 2

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
Just now, Croda said:

lol, the button probably expires before tomorrow...which was likely communicated in some other article...about subs...in Russian...sorry u didn't see it...

:Smile_teethhappy:

[5BS]
Members
8,864 posts
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's shady.  The players who frequent forums and check the news all the time are fine, but there's players out there that will not know about this and will not get the respec.  Those guys, WG can make money off them as they try to spend Doubloons for Retraining.

Shady a.f.

Freemium economics.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

there's players out there that will not know about this and will not get the respec. 

Then why do they fail to seek out this information, or indeed any information on the main page/news, when others do so and are well informed? Is WG to blame for that? I hardly think so.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ING]
Members
76 posts
10,899 battles

With WG's tendency to brutish UIs, miserable grinds and a vulgar pricing model, the finesse of giving a commander skill reset is extra appreciated!

Thank you WG!

Sign in to follow this