Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Well, now WG's targeting me

30 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,006 posts
9,654 battles

For those of who didn't know, currently on break from WOWS cause such repetitive gameplay. Maybe a bit from how much WG sabotaged their own CV rework by not at least delaying its release until AA got reworked.

Anyway, saw this while checking FB feed: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/get-your-groove-back/?fbclid=IwAR1vfspPwriTnq9n_ntyOyrzKbK8TwgGueb0LYDGQtCVamDb9n-3gSu5WOk

Hmm...it is kinda tempting to do 5 battles in a rental Premium.

• Boring 2

[SYJ]
Members
124 posts
10,663 battles

Nice of them to do such wonderful things for folks that aren't even playing.  Yet if you spend $50 on this game for 12 month's in a row do you get anything extra?? 

On another note I am not so sure this game is doing so well financially.  They are releasing new ships and different content (with different look boxes) in droves....or they have us suckers on a hook and are just maximizing profits while they can.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DFNT]
Members
189 posts
4,138 battles

These player-retention offers come out frequently, I doubt it has anything to do with the CV-rework. I received one back in December 2017, and I know there have been others since.

BTW - the offer I received, which was too good to pass up, worked out really well for WG. I came back to the game, play regularly and spend $$$. Even brought in a few friends who also spend. 

[ARGSY]
Members
15,578 posts
10,394 battles
10 minutes ago, gatorken said:

Yet if you spend $50 on this game for 12 month's in a row do you get anything extra?? 

Significant cash and XP earning bonuses, and the ability to run three campaign tasks at once instead of two, plus any premium time I win effectively gets tacked onto the end instead of being wasted if it appears at a time I simply cannot use it. 

I probably wouldn't have got the Siroco or the Hill without premium time, given my opportunities for play, but it also makes tech-tree progression that much sweeter. On a battle-for-battle basis, it's overall the most useful money I ever spent on the game - and I'll be renewing this Christmas.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DFNT]
Members
189 posts
4,138 battles
8 minutes ago, gatorken said:

Nice of them to do such wonderful things for folks that aren't even playing.  Yet if you spend $50 on this game for 12 month's in a row do you get anything extra?? 

Maybe it's just me, but I've received a bit of extra content in the form of premium time, signal flags, small amounts doubloons and a couple ships, just for playing pretty regularly. Sometimes there are extras just for logging into the game.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,825 posts
13 minutes ago, gatorken said:

On another note I am not so sure this game is doing so well financially.  They are releasing new ships and different content (with different look boxes) in droves....or they have us suckers on a hook and are just maximizing profits while they can.

Yes, you get the benefits of a year of premium time that you purchased.  They want to pull old players that have quit back, I can understand that.  I do wish they would throw consistent players some of those really nice premium shop coupons though.

I am not sure that them releasing less content, would be a sign that they are doing better.

[SYJ]
Members
124 posts
10,663 battles

I am talking about a reward for you continued monetary support of the game like every other retail or restaurant chain offers.  If I buy 10 subs at Subway I'll earn a free sub or chips or something.  Maybe it's just me that thinks WG's marketing is abnormal...

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,578 posts
10,394 battles
6 minutes ago, gatorken said:

Maybe it's just me that thinks WG's marketing is abnormal...

LOL, they're a gaming company, not a fast food store. "Buy ten T5+ premium ships, get a free Tachibana!" :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[A-D-F]
5,825 posts
9 minutes ago, gatorken said:

I am talking about a reward for you continued monetary support of the game like every other retail or restaurant chain offers.  If I buy 10 subs at Subway I'll earn a free sub or chips or something.  Maybe it's just me that thinks WG's marketing is abnormal...

One of those things are the snowflake events.  They ones that give away steel and coal for every ship above T5 and premium ship that you have in your port.  We just had one and there were tons of new players complaining that the event was not fair to them and was geared toward long time players, they didn't think that was fair.

People are going to complain no matter what.

That said, I do agree that it would be nice if they threw long time players some discounts in the store once in a while.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

I dunno... I've received ALOT of free stuff over the years. Free tech-tree ships, ARP ships, port slots, reserve slots, premium ships, premium camo's... premium time too! I thought WoWs was far more generous than World of Tanks...

I recruited 3 new players and they all got a Diana Lima and Warspite! And various other freebies. They're accruing enough recruitment points playing that one of them is close to qualifying for a Veteran Recruiters container which has a chance for a T8 premium ship! (I'm jealous)

I went offline once for 3 months, and I got a De Grasse and a Guilio Ceasar If memory serves me correct.

There's other MMO's out there more frugal than WarGaming in my opinion...

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[DFNT]
Members
189 posts
4,138 battles
54 minutes ago, gatorken said:

Can't rule out the possibility of receiving a free sub. Probably won't have to buy 10 subs to get a free one either. 

There isn't anything abnormal about WG's marketing. The "buy 10 get 1 free" offers are loyalty promotions. We get those in the form of login rewards and combat missions. Stock pile the coal from combat missions, containers, etc and free ships come your way. Loyalty promotions and retention promotions will always be different because we are talking about two different types of customers. Oddly enough, this WG retention promo isn't all that, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.  They've had much better in WoWs. 

• Funny 1

[5BS]
Members
8,696 posts

You, me, and a number of others on an extended break/cessation of play. Problem is that I strongly doubt most players who broke play are going to be tempted back by economic boosts and grind rewards. I stopped playing because after 11,000+ matches, the game became predictable and boring, and the gameplay itself somewhat stale. Offering me a free trial of another ship that is essentially 'x ship but y ca-ca-crazy consumable!' is not going to work, on me at least.

A single player mode. Sure. Subs. Absolutely. New operations, maybe? But more new ships or the same boring PvP? Yeah I'll pass, especially with all the new games coming out from competitors.

1 hour ago, gatorken said:

Yet if you spend $50 on this game for 12 month's in a row do you get anything extra?? 

Can you name me an industry that works the way you seem to expect this one to work? You pay your cable bill month to month, they don't offer anything new, but a new person signing up gets all sorts of bonuses/returning customers. You shop at Club Store for years, and your bonuses are the same year to year, but someone signs back up and gets a free $100 gift card.

This is pretty standard industry practice across MOST consumer industries. Really only super consumer, low quality, high volume consumption industries like low quality foods, Dollar Stores, ect will offer 'continuing' rewards as they need some other USP as their customers are unable to discern a quality or service advantage.

Take it as a 'compliment' wargaming thinks you're smarter than a fast-food customer and thus those tricks won't work on you.

Edited by _RC1138

[INTEL]
Members
2,568 posts
13,365 battles
2 hours ago, gatorken said:

They dropped an Aigle on me yesterday and I've spent a fair amount of money on the game over the last year.

[SYJ]
Members
124 posts
10,663 battles
4 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

They dropped an Aigle on me yesterday and I've spent a fair amount of money on the game over the last year.

I'm beating a dead horse but did they ever reward/give you anything and say "This is a  thank you for supporting the game by purchasing $2000.00 of our stuff over the past year or years!!!"  The company I work for gets numerous gifts (cakes, tickets, etc.) from vendors we buy from.  It's just good manners if nothing else.

Any how GLHF!!

[A-D-F]
5,825 posts
32 minutes ago, gatorken said:

I'm beating a dead horse but did they ever reward/give you anything and say "This is a  thank you for supporting the game by purchasing $2000.00 of our stuff over the past year or years!!!"  The company I work for gets numerous gifts (cakes, tickets, etc.) from vendors we buy from.  It's just good manners if nothing else.

Any how GLHF!!

I would consider that a gift and a favor.  Nice to have but I don't expect anything from a company from having purchased things from them.  I am not owed anything other than the products that I agree to purchase.

[WGA]
Administrator
2,244 posts
14,692 battles
23 minutes ago, gatorken said:

Any how GLHF!!

We do provide many free items available for players who are active in the game, as well as anniversary rewards and coupons. Players who are no longer active within the do not have these.

7 hours ago, Reymu said:

There is a standard offering to all players who have taken a break for over 60 days currently available until September 23rd. 

More details can be found: 

• Cool 2

[CRF]
Members
489 posts
6,795 battles
9 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Significant cash and XP earning bonuses, and the ability to run three campaign tasks at once instead of two, plus any premium time I win effectively gets tacked onto the end instead of being wasted if it appears at a time I simply cannot use it. 

I probably wouldn't have got the Siroco or the Hill without premium time, given my opportunities for play, but it also makes tech-tree progression that much sweeter. On a battle-for-battle basis, it's overall the most useful money I ever spent on the game - and I'll be renewing this Christmas.

If they offer the same 50% off sale for premium time.  I did the same, and still have about 200 days of Premium left....

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
2,115 posts
4,504 battles

Gimmick, these folks need to learn about customer retention already.  When people hit the breaking point, they're done.  Don't be offering up gimmicks after someone quits.  If you don't make your customers happy, someone else will.

[RELAX]
Members
1,148 posts
8,654 battles

Here I was reading the title post expecting to come in and see some skulduggery on WG's part against the player, instead its a sales offer by WG. How boring.:cap_yes:

No player targeting No doxing , no plutonium tea offers or umbrellas with stick it needles- nothing.

OP is click bait for a sales offer.

Where's the collusion ffs?

Gimme some spy vrs spy.

rb_Stills_boris_gun.jpg

[VW]
Members
3,327 posts
16,571 battles
15 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I recruited 3 new players and they all got a Diana Lima and Warspite! And various other freebies.

I went offline once for 3 months, and I got a De Grasse and a Guilio Ceasar If memory serves me correct.

This is the point. None of us who never went offline ever got a free gulio, warspite, texas, or any other ship. Players staying should at least get the rewards given for free to those who say: f off wg i’m leaving untill you give me a free ship!

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Boring 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

This is the point. None of us who never went offline ever got a free gulio, warspite, texas, or any other ship. Players staying should at least get the rewards given for free to those who say: f off wg i’m leaving untill you give me a free ship!

That was before the Gulio was pulled off the store... years ago.  Probably when the Degrasse was new. I don't even think the French cruiser line was out yet.

Stop playing WoWs for 6 months and check to see what you get. It shows up via an email. You gotta click some links to activate it. If WG still does this program...

Here's something that'll really irritate you. I've never played one round in the Guilio. I'm a DD main lol :P

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

I did not quit because of a lack of ships but strong dislike of mechanics changes in the game.
Therefore it is common sense that a rental ship wont alleviate this issue and make me comeback.

Members
3,714 posts

Mission rewards are much better now than they used to be so you are getting something for playing regularly.

not enough to get me to plat, the only thing that will do that is improved gameplay.

[PVE]
Members
3,951 posts
22,257 battles
12 hours ago, Femennenly said:

There is a standard offering to all players who have taken a break for over 60 days currently available until September 23rd. 

More details can be found:

Bummer...I'm 2 days away (on the 23rd) from 60 days not playing (insufficient wifi stability at new location) & am a few days from possibly being able to get back to game & thought I might be eligible for this until I clicked on the article & seen it was for June 1st or before...that's actually closer to 80 days not 60 btw.

[TARK]
Members
4,421 posts
1,658 battles

I'm always amused at WG spamming me rental premium battleships now that I have a tier 8 Bismarck.

A) I'm free2play, so I dont have the credits to actually equip said rental with modules.

B) I wouldnt take a high tier ship out with only a 3 point captain. That's very foolish.

So...just a reminder to me how the developers dont understand their own game economy.

Sign in to follow this