kgh52

Disconnect, me, WG or somewhere in between?

12 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,569 posts
10,911 battles

I was disconnected during battle about 3:15 AM. I could not log on for several minutes nor could I open the web site. I could go to the forum.  Did anyone else experience this?

Surprisingly when I was able to log back on mt ship was credited with a victory. I was in a coop. Often a disconnect during battle  causes a 2 game pink penalty.

[SALVO]
Members
23,410 posts
24,018 battles

I'm having an issue at the moment where I'm getting these irregular but semi-constant short disconnects from the game.  But they only seem to be at night.  I don't see any other activity on my PC, as I've shut down my browser to avoid any issues there.  And it's not like there's any significant downloads are occurring in the background that I can detect using Task Manager, unless Task Manager doesn't account for something like Windows update DL's.   And rebooting my router hasn't helped out any.  I've checked my cables, which seem to  be fine.  

I've even seen these irregular but semi-constant short DC's when I don't even have the game running.  So, I have contacted my ISP so that they can look into it.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,152 posts
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

I was disconnected during battle about 3:15 AM.

I was disconnected tonight too. Amazingly, when I was able to re-connect, I found my Midway still alive, though an enemy Iowa was just on the other side of an island from me. Even more amazing was the fact that we were now winning, though we were decidedly losing when I disconnected. I dispatched the Iowa before he could sink me (though it was close) and we won.

When I booted up just now, I noticed that Windows Defender had blocked the Wargaming Center's access to the Internet. I wonder if this had anything to do with the disconnect issue? I'm also wondering if I should have let the Center access through my firewall until I explored the issue further. I guess time will tell.

[TDRB]
Members
3,569 posts
10,911 battles
31 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I was disconnected tonight too. Amazingly, when I was able to re-connect, I found my Midway still alive, though an enemy Iowa was just on the other side of an island from me. Even more amazing was the fact that we were now winning, though we were decidedly losing when I disconnected. I dispatched the Iowa before he could sink me (though it was close) and we won.

When I booted up just now, I noticed that Windows Defender had blocked the Wargaming Center's access to the Internet. I wonder if this had anything to do with the disconnect issue? I'm also wondering if I should have let the Center access through my firewall until I explored the issue further. I guess time will tell.

Often I find Windows is doing something covertly when I have issues. Consequential or is Microsoft the culprit? 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,152 posts
15 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Often I find Windows is doing something covertly when I have issues. Consequential or is Microsoft the culprit? 

Probably more like an OS update in the works. Whenever my computer is acting glitchy I reboot it and, sure enough, Windows begins installing an update.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
1,757 posts
10,694 battles

Considering it is the overnight hours, it could be somewhere along the path routine maintenance is being performed.

IT loves to work in the middle of the night...... 

Not sure if game, website and forum are on the same servers and take the same internet pathways.

[TDRB]
Members
3,569 posts
10,911 battles
46 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Probably more like an OS update in the works. Whenever my computer is acting glitchy I reboot it and, sure enough, Windows begins installing an update.

same here, I prefer Linux but games are not optimized for Linux and it does get a little bothersome to keep it running smooth.

Community Department
3,066 posts
1,138 battles
8 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I was disconnected during battle about 3:15 AM. I could not log on for several minutes nor could I open the web site. I could go to the forum.  Did anyone else experience this?

Surprisingly when I was able to log back on mt ship was credited with a victory. I was in a coop. Often a disconnect during battle  causes a 2 game pink penalty.

5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This may be the reason also. I've checked the time. There were no internal maintenance or issues detected which might be the reason.
If you experience the issue often, I should recommend to create WGCheck report (with extended network diagnostics) and send it to our Support colleagues. We'll try to find ways for you to fix it. 
Thank you all for your replies.

[TDRB]
Members
3,569 posts
10,911 battles
19 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

This may be the reason also. I've checked the time. There were no internal maintenance or issues detected which might be the reason.
If you experience the issue often, I should recommend to create WGCheck report (with extended network diagnostics) and send it to our Support colleagues. We'll try to find ways for you to fix it. 
Thank you all for your replies.

Thanks

I did reboot & there was a OS update.

I always ask on the forum if I'm experiencing connection difficulties before I make a ticket. It maybe on my end as it was, well Microsoft's fault, this time.

Community Department
3,066 posts
1,138 battles
11 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@turbo07 doesn't the sever reset happened around that time everyday?

It may, but not during the battle.   

3 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Thanks

I did reboot & there was a OS update.

I always ask on the forum if I'm experiencing connection difficulties before I make a ticket. It maybe on my end as it was, well Microsoft's fault, this time.

I may confirm, because sometimes I have similar issues during hidden downloading of the updates. Occasionally it happens. 

[JMMAF]
Members
1,896 posts
6,331 battles
7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

... Even more amazing was the fact that we were now winning, though we were decidedly losing when I disconnected...

hi snargfargle,

you wouldn't believe the number of times we've been behind, in the middle of yet another slaughter loss, and after I run off to refill a drink, salvage my burning dinner, or both, to return and discover we're ahead. 

the times it really hurts my feeling (down to one, I used to be married) is when I've already been sunk. when I sulk off to port, my team never pulls it off, only when I physically leave the computer.

why? how can that be? 

Edited by Spud_butt
felt like it
  • Cool 1