Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Rawhide

Compliments?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3,004 posts
10,951 battles

No, it doesnt specify. Sometimes I just know depending on the situation, occasionally a person will msg (the nice msgs, not some crazy rant).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,154
[N-W-T]
Members
1,920 posts
7,581 battles
29 minutes ago, Trollphoon said:

I do not compliment - I only report. 

 

I try to use up all of my compliments when I'm about to log off.  Reports are usually reserved for truly brainless play, or anyone who doesn't load in in the first 90 seconds. 

Having said that, when Ranked is in session, I tend to run out of complaints. 

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
621
[HC]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
11,806 battles

I do both, but I tend to run out of reports before I run out of compliments.

Really poor play, unsportsman like conduct, AFK, ect ... lots of that  to go around, yea, they get reported.

I see you doing something particularly smart, being a team player, or maybe even beating my score, you might just get a compliment.

Heck, if you're on the other team, carry hard and lose, I might still compliment you, because your own team probably won't. I figure if you won, then you got a win and it's your teams job to thank you for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
542
[TNG-2]
Members
1,140 posts
5,208 battles
4 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I do both, but I tend to run out of reports before I run out of compliments.

Really poor play, unsportsman like conduct, AFK, ect ... lots of that  to go around, yea, they get reported.

I see you doing something particularly smart, being a team player, or maybe even beating my score, you might just get a compliment.

Heck, if you're on the other team, carry hard and lose, I might still compliment you, because your own team probably won't. I figure if you won, then you got a win and it's your teams job to thank you for it.

Only report misbehavior. If they even typed once it adds to a internal list. Once it hits 7, 24 hour chat ban. 

  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
621
[HC]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
11,806 battles
21 minutes ago, Report_CVs said:

Only report misbehavior. If they even typed once it adds to a internal list. Once it hits 7, 24 hour chat ban. 

Which means pretty much nothing. Between work, sleep, and not playing every day, I doubt I would notice a 24 hour chat ban. Not that I've ever had one.

My Karma seems to go the same direction my win rate does, both slowly going up at the moment, so I'm obviously doing something right.

Then again, with a name like that, It's easy to see what your mentality is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
542
[TNG-2]
Members
1,140 posts
5,208 battles
7 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Which means pretty much nothing. Between work, sleep, and not playing every day, I doubt I would notice a 24 hour chat ban. Not that I've ever had one.

My Karma seems to go the same direction my win rate does, both slowly going up at the moment, so I'm obviously doing something right.

Then again, with a name like that, It's easy to see what your mentality is.

Back up your claims with statistics. 

  • Boring 3
  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
621
[HC]
Beta Testers
2,395 posts
11,806 battles
14 minutes ago, Report_CVs said:

Back up your claims with statistics. 

Don't really need to.

For me, or anyone else that doesn't play every day, a 24 hour chat bad will expire before they play again. Simply put, over the average of 10 games I might play in a week recently, it won't matter. At worse, it's a sign to stop playing for the night.

As far as my Karma and win rate going up together, at least for me, they have. I don't need to be studying stats to notice them both becoming larger numbers over time. I've got a lot of games under my belt, so my win rate isn't going to change fast unless I play a ton of games quickly, which I don't have the time for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,875
[TBW]
Members
8,895 posts
15,858 battles
1 hour ago, Report_CVs said:

I do not compliment, only report as well. 

Smart?

3 hours ago, Trollphoon said:

I do not compliment - I only report. 

 

Smart?

58 minutes ago, Report_CVs said:

Why? 

Stupid question.

4 minutes ago, Report_CVs said:

Karma is useless.

 

True, but I like it for some reason, and the more I have, the better I feel, go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[SLFF]
[SLFF]
Members
446 posts
40,569 battles

I got reported (and called an idiot) yesterday for being hit by a "friendly" torpedo.  I'm supposed to dodge your torpedoes while engaging an enemy ship at close range in a clunky Katori?  I ended up with 4 kills, he reported me anyway.  C'mon, people, use some common sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,105 posts
3,709 battles
58 minutes ago, LiskaBystrouska said:

I got reported (and called an idiot) yesterday for being hit by a "friendly" torpedo.  I'm supposed to dodge your torpedoes while engaging an enemy ship at close range in a clunky Katori?  I ended up with 4 kills, he reported me anyway.  C'mon, people, use some common sense.

This is the side benefit of karma being useless. People can't use it to actually negatively affect toxic players... but toxic players can't use it to negatively affect anyone else.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×