You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rollingonit

Maplesyrup Request

15 comments in this topic

Members
2,977 posts
10,940 battles

@Slimeball91 @C14AlphaRequesting an update on the Maplesyrup.

1. Want to see how the population fluctuated over the summer/Want for future reference for when I ask you again in 2 months to compare summer/fall (outta school/inschool)

2. Want to see if the DD population has rebounded in randoms/Want to see if CV #'s have continued to drop

TIA

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,481 posts
12,942 battles

The beginning of July to the most recent week/

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190817/na_week/average_class.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190706/na_week/average_class.html

From what I see is CV's rebounded but they are sill not really that much better than pre-rework.

• Cool 1

Members
2,977 posts
10,940 battles

Thanks Brush, bout to leave the office. When I get home Ill take a good look. TY sir

Just now, BrushWolf said:

The beginning of July to the most recent week/

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190817/na_week/average_class.html

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190706/na_week/average_class.html

From what I see is CV's rebounded but they are sill not really that much better than pre-rework.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,481 posts
12,942 battles
1 minute ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Thanks Brush, bout to leave the office. When I get home Ill take a good look. TY sir

You either work really late or live a long ways away from central daylight time. But then I don't work and typically go to bed in about an hour, 1:00 AM CDT.

Members
900 posts
2 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

1. Want to see how the population fluctuated over the summer/Want for future reference for when I ask you again in 2 months to compare summer/fall (outta school/inschool)

2. Want to see if the DD population has rebounded in randoms/Want to see if CV #'s have continued to drop

TIA

Here is the spreadsheet updated through the week of August 3.  Mapley was on vacation and did not post an update for the week of August 10.  I have not included data for the week of August 17 because multi-week data following a skipped week is inconsistent with the presentation of other data in the spreadsheet.  Mapley's previous missed week of May 4 was handled similarly, with data posted for the weeks of April 28 and May 18.

1405960169_WOWSplayersandgames20190803.thumb.jpg.261c1bd5c3746fac99308a843e3a2f32.jpg

Edited by C14Alpha

[INTEL]
Members
11,483 posts
32,103 battles
1 hour ago, C14Alpha said:

Here is the spreadsheet updated through the week of 8/3.  Mapley was on vacation and did not post an update for the week of 8/10.  I have not included data for the week of 8/17 because multi-week data following a shipped week is inconsistent with the presentation of other data in the spreadsheet.

1405960169_WOWSplayersandgames20190803.thumb.jpg.261c1bd5c3746fac99308a843e3a2f32.jpg

Wow. CVs have returned to their pre-ReBork numbers in terms of games played, but it feels like a bit more because the number of Random matches played hasn't recovered its pre-Rebork levels.

Here's hoping CVs don't recover.

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles
21 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Wow. CVs have returned to their pre-ReBork numbers in terms of games played, but it feels like a bit more because the number of Random matches played hasn't recovered its pre-Rebork levels

Imagine that, who could have seen that coming...……………...

Pretty much realized the jig was up when Wargaming released the video of the conference from Russia and they tried to spin the 15% number as a good thing. All I thought to myself when I heard that was all that work for such a small increase in CV players. It looks like those numbers continue to slip back to pre rework numbers and it fits with my theory that most players just are not interested in carriers no matter how they are played. The failure of the rework was not attempting to make a hybrid way to play the ships that kept the old RTS carrier players but offered a way for new players to enjoy flying their planes around the map.

I hope it was worth it to Wargaming. Maybe they had too much pressure on their servers and dumping players helped them out.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,258 posts
21,994 battles
55 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The failure of the rework was not attempting to make a hybrid way to play the ships that kept the old RTS carrier players but offered a way for new players to enjoy flying their planes around the map.

I hope it was worth it to Wargaming. Maybe they had too much pressure on their servers and dumping players helped them out.

To me this rework was garbage when I was helping with the beta back in December, and it’s still garbage now.

Maybe I was just some kind of weirdo outlier, but I enjoyed the CIC aspect of RTS, despite not being that good with it outside autoattacks.

‘Flying my planes around the map’ bores me silly.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
7,148 posts
16,453 battles

Maple is not a good site for reliable stats....

Just got in a 15 DD game... Sucked

image.thumb.png.b6d2dfa1b2d75c7fad5ca45987e80860.png

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Maple is not a good site for reliable stats....

Possibly, course the alternative is Wargaming numbers.................. Yeah... 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
20 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

He's playing in the middle of the night, queue dumps are common.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles
16 minutes ago, awiggin said:

He's playing in the middle of the night, queue dumps are common.

Was only commenting on his "Maple not reliable" comment. 

Yeah I play in the wee hours too, you can get some weird line ups in PvP with so few people playing. 

[SBS]
Members
5,055 posts
2,408 battles
9 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

TIA

Here are the numbers for random battles played for June, July, and the first three weeks of August, NA server, for both this year and last year.  The bottom row in the table is the percentage drop compared to last year.

June July August
2018 6,523,251 6,727,795 5,618,158
2019 4,624,944 4,410,636 4,364,830

% Difference -29.10% -34.44% -22.31%
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
7,148 posts
16,453 battles
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Why not use all available 3rd party stats sites? Giving different perspectives to an issue is IMO highly recommended..

What I dont like to see in a stat worksheet is, one stat source/location. Me as a reader, I will dive in to the integrity/validity of the numbers. If your numbers are wrong, then the integrity of the conclusion will be skewed.

Now I am not saying maple is totally bad... All I am saying is, Maple is flawed but useful in key areas. I would not Maple for general assertions or to make a declaration of fact, for a few points. 

1. Maple is not accurate
  2. Maple has some data private. 

I would use maple to  as a reflective tool or a comprehensive snap shoot as to the stat values it collects.

In the end, I would caution my readers to the shot falls of the links... At least that  is what I would do.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,065 posts
18,680 battles
5 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Here are the numbers for random battles played for June, July, and the first three weeks of August, NA server, for both this year and last year.  The bottom row in the table is the percentage drop compared to last year.

June July August
2018 6,523,251 6,727,795 5,618,158
2019 4,624,944 4,410,636 4,364,830

% Difference -29.10% -34.44% -22.31%

Relatively steady numbers this summer reflects that the rework pared play down to the addicts? 

Edited by Pugilistic