You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
War182

Mogador constructive criticism

24 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

So i love the speed . Gun do hit , And torps are very powerful surprize  . Ok so now the bad , it can't take a hit . Rocket planes can take half your hull easy cause your AA suck's . And when you do get hit ... Boom half your hull gone . So the Mogador will take 2 or 3 hit's and your gone .... A heal or any armor what so ever , would not make her op ,,, she needs something to be par with other teir 9's ... She really can't take a hit .. And even speed tanking 54.k knots and 15k out you'll still get killed from lucky hit's . I had a Shim gun me down while my reload was on cool down .... Yea a shim ...Not joking .. OK now her biggest problem HE shell's break at 50% ........ YES 50% your shells that hit do nothing at all  they break ...I tested a ifhe build and didn't help . So that's a big big problem . I love the speed and the torp's are almost op . But man 2 hit your done ...and your shell's break all day long ...Needs some kind of buff on AA, hull, and shells .... But she is fun to play ......So hopeful some small buffes and she be solid .

shot-19.08.15_18.38.05-0800.jpg

shot-19.08.15_20.46.11-0504.jpg

shot-19.08.16_16.06.08-0159.jpg

shot-19.08.16_16.14.58-0995.jpg

• Confused 2

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

Notice my game's with torp hit's i do solid DAM . But game where i depend on my gun's don't go so well .

[CVA16]
Members
3,796 posts
12,310 battles

Also notice that the example games with torp hits have significantly more shell hits too. Could be 'cuz the guy shooting back at you doesn't die to torps or?

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
1,860 posts
3,877 battles

The gimmick that is the French DDs....not impressed with the T7 and under in the least bit.  Fuel smoke will be far too broken to be put on a ship of that speed and I'm betting we'll see it pop up since they're pretty much garbage with no way to break detection as is.  Not impressed with facing them in T8/9s either, just lead them a little more and at close range, they get smashed. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,935 posts
15,910 battles

Mogador has no business losing to a Shimakaze in a gunfight... not sure what's going on there.

I agree about the vulnerability to air attack though. With any luck, the AA rebalance in 0.8.7 will help the whole French DD line in that regard.

• Cool 2

[KOHAI]
Members
1,668 posts
4,297 battles

Is this a troll post? As far as I understand Mogador is a faster Khab without the side armor and with an MBRB. It shouldn't be hard to perform in, at all.

• Cool 1

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

So i ambushed a Gearing fighting our BB burned him down useing my reload consumable on him at 6k ....But shim ambushed me at 9 oclock ... i dodged all his torps and chased at 7 k ... he rained on me with his main guns ,,the whole time i  fireing on him with 6.3 reload but his DPM was much better and i got killed in a gun fight ...So without your burst DAM from the reload consumable your DPM is low not counting shell breaks ...

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

We hoped the French DD line would lead to a conteder to the Khab's Crown ... But the Mogador would get destroyed easy ......... F.Y.I. So i hope they buff a few spots .

Members
493 posts
4,550 battles

Mogador is an ambusher. It’s speed allows you to engage or disengage at will. It’s torp angles are vicious and can unload all torps forward with a wiggle. The guns are fine if you hit super structures on larger ships. DDs melt if you do it right, one by one. Other gunboats you engage at range with flatter ballistics and dodge. Just speed tanking isn’t hard to counter. Any torp boats should die in seconds.

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

Yes DD's will die quick using your reload consumable last 15 sec and cool down is 100's . But after it's on cool down you are at a big disadvantage  with your 6.3 gun reload and 20s turret speed ... Make's it where you have to have your reload to win a DD Brawl . And if they HIT you die very ,very quickly ...

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

And with a shell break of 50% ........ If not for the great torps and best torp angles in game . Players would be Raging ... What good is a speed tank that can't tank .? Or 139 guns with a 6.3 reload with a 50% shell break and 20 sec turret speed ... Im only asking for a few small buffes to smooth it's big disadvantages out , before all get the boat and start raging over it ..

[NUWES]
Members
2,541 posts
8,040 battles
47 minutes ago, War182 said:

Yes DD's will die quick using your reload consumable last 15 sec and cool down is 100's . But after it's on cool down you are at a big disadvantage  with your 6.3 gun reload and 20s turret speed ... Make's it where you have to have your reload to win a DD Brawl . And if they HIT you die very ,very quickly ...

I'm not sure what you are doing but something's not right. Other than 2 detonations, I haven't died quickly yet. The center section saturates really quickly then you take reduced damage. That plus a huge HP pool and the thing lasts forever. Except for Soviet CL laser shells, at 8-12km it is very hard for anyone to hit you consistently. I've had more success with Mog (also Le Terrible and Le Fantasque) than any ship that I've played so far and I'm not a DD main. I love these things. I didn't believe that the speed-as-defense thing would work but it really does if you do it right. I've taken down Harugumos in stand-up fights. The reload booster will let you get so far ahead of other DDs with burst damage that they can't really catch up and you tank their damage on the saturated center section. If the fight goes bad run away. They can't catch you. Then you wait a minute for the booster to recharge and come back and kill them. 

The only time I've really had trouble was in cluttered islands. Those are problems as with Mog's speed and big turn radius you may ground yourself and then you are dead with no smoke. 

[DENY]
Members
834 posts
9,856 battles

I think op just doesn't know how to play  these DD , I've been achieving great dmg game in my Mogador

shot-19.08.18_23.40.10-0731.jpg

• Cool 2

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

I think op just doesn't know how to play  these DD , I've been achieving great dmg game in my Mogador

shot-19.08.18_23.40.10-0731.jpg

The torps are very good .. The guns and 50% shell break . Or guns reload of 6.3 and turret speed or 20sec , and she can't take a hit ..... 2 volley's your done ,, with a dd it's 3 .

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

Again my point .... And IFHE doesn't not fix this ...

shot-19.08.21_02.16.10-0578.jpg

Edited by War182

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

O and you guy's can't leave the AA that bad  .No long range AA what so ever your mid starts at 3.8 range ...

[WOLFB]
Members
2,948 posts
12,426 battles

Mogador (and Kleber) are extremely strong. I don't know what buff you wanna give them but they don't need those buffs.

I suggest you try ambushing people or flank so you can get those juicy broadside and MBRB with AP.

Low and mid tier aren't that special but High tier FR DD are monster in my books.

• Cool 2

Members
72 posts
5,578 battles

I love the French DD's, but they require some thought when playing. They don't play like any other current line but rather old school US DD's. You have to use islands, watch the map, know where and what to shoot, what ammo you use, and how to predict torps. Mogador is a very strong ship but has a high skill floor. If Kleber is anything like it it'll be one of my favorite lines. IFHE is definitely worth getting but if you're shooting at the sides of BB's then it's not going to help you. I would invest in both BFT and AFT as well, it's AA is nothing special but it'll get the job done unless you have a t10 CV that absolutely wants you dead but then it's no different from any other ship

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,536 posts
12,779 battles
16 hours ago, War182 said:

Again my point .... And IFHE doesn't not fix this ...

shot-19.08.21_02.16.10-0578.jpg

If you're getting shell shatters at that rate its because of what you're shooting, not a weakness of the guns. If your targets are T8+ BBs you're gonna shatter everywhere except the superstructure. If you're shooting T7 BB's you're gonna shatter everything that hits the mid-deck. ALL DD's have this issue without IFHE. Only the IJN 100mm boats, and German 150mm gunned DD's have the pen with IFHE to pen 32mm of armor. The problem isnt the guns, its your lack of understanding game mechanics.

Next up, getting gunned down by a Shima. You decided to tail chase a ship with faster reload, harder hitting guns, better shell damage, better shell velocity, and its MUCH easier to shoot a ship coming at you that one kiting you. Again, not the ship, its the driver.

Edited by Ares1967
  • Cool 1

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

So the selling point on the DD line is the GUN's and speed ... The Great torps and even better angles was a big boon that's so strong some could even argue for a torp nerf . But that's not my point i know it's a hit and run ambushed that can't take a hit at all .. And i'm all so a were that the guns without the reload are at a big disadvantage 6.3 reload and 20 sec turret speed . SHELL BREAK 50% ........ Need i say it again ???

[POP]
Members
1,477 posts
17,935 battles
11 minutes ago, War182 said:

So the selling point on the DD line is the GUN's and speed ... The Great torps and even better angles was a big boon that's so strong some could even argue for a torp nerf . But that's not my point i know it's a hit and run ambushed that can't take a hit at all .. And i'm all so a were that the guns without the reload are at a big disadvantage 6.3 reload and 20 sec turret speed . SHELL BREAK 50% ........ Need i say it again ???

It does have strong hard hitting guns compared to other DDs. Game mechanics are still game mechanics. 139mm guns only pen so much, in game it is 22mm without IFHE. Look at the ships in your MM spread with the armor viewer. How many of them have large sections of their armor exceeding this thickness? One option for less shatters is to familiarize yourself with the general armor profile of your targets and then focus on hitting those areas. For instance every DD with the exception of sections of Khaba and every ships super structure is less than 22mm so it can be penned. Another option is to ADD IFHE which will increase your guns penetration to 29mm which will then allow you to pen most sections of all light cruisers and most heavy cruisers. Either of these things will help and doing both is probably even better in the long run.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,932 posts
14,356 battles

I find le fantastique  to be less capable than Vauquerin for its tier.     slower firing gun   is a  real drag.    speed is only thing it has going for it  (faster bote, faster torps, faster  muzzle velocity)     I am still on stock hull, which makes it even worse  LOL.      been doing ok against DD, but    6.4km conceal is tough when you meet   botes like lightning or kitakaze.    i guess once I get it fully upgraded, I should run it like khaba for most of my battle. 

[-TNT-]
Members
12 posts
19,322 battles

The challenge I'm foreseeing is when the subs come out, dd's will have the additional tasking of sub hunting, so the ambushing ability will be limited, additionally the sub sill see the dd which will make a French dd a target for any enemy ship .  Another good indicator for me is that you don't see any French dd's in Ranked Battles, that should be telling folks something..

Edited by K_Jinxs

[-TNT-]
Members
252 posts
13,176 battles

You guys could have put a crappy heal like the Daring on 8 or 9 and up , And it not be OP . The Mogador can take two volley's .... Because a lucky  first hit will almost kill you ,,and than any next lucky shot your gone .... With CV's they can rocket you all day for 6 to 8 k a pass and your AA doz nothing to stop it .  I love the speed ..but Rus line has armor and heal ,, and speed . And at 15k out 54.4 knot s and can still hit you .....FYI