You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

Consumable keybind.

9 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
3,075 posts
12,819 battles

Short introduction.

I was playing Guépard and decided to play Jean Bart. Early game I decided to speed boost and....GG me. MBRB wasted right before a Musashi decides to give broadside to my ship.

I sometime fat finger, which can happens to everyone but seriously, can we finally have proper keybind for consummable ? It's silly that a same consumable (in this example MBRB) can either be on "T" "Y" or "I".

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,389 posts
12,931 battles
4 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Short introduction.

I was playing Guépard and decided to play Jean Bart. Early game I decided to speed boost and....GG me. MBRB wasted right before a Musashi decides to give broadside to my ship.

I sometime fat finger, which can happens to everyone but seriously, can we finally have proper keybind for consummable ? It's silly that a same consumable (in this example MBRB) can either be on "T" "Y" or "I".

We complained about this back in closed testing that the consumable keybinds should be standardized.

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
12,035 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

We complained about this back in closed testing that the consumable keybinds should be standardized.

And pretty much at least three times a year since for four and a half years !  Still does no good except venting ; sigh .

:Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,075 posts
12,819 battles
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is more important now than before. (I'm not saying those complains were not legitimate before )

When there was only Hydro/Def AA Heal and Radar on cruiser, it was a fairly easy to remember everything.

But now we have DD with hydro, DD with MBRB and Speed boost, BB with MBRB and speed boost, cruiser with smoke DD with radar and smoke...

I would rather have this QoL improvement than Colbert or Ohio

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,389 posts
12,931 battles
9 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

And pretty much at least three times a year since for four and a half years !  Still does no good except venting ; sigh .

:Smile_honoring: 

Sadly true and it seems we are dealing with a case of "not invented here" syndrome.

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Sadly true and it seems we are dealing with a case of "not invented here" syndrome.

That's not really true, though. WoT had standardizable consumables and ammo for a very long time.I realize the systems are slightly different, but the effect was the same.

Matt

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,389 posts
12,931 battles
Just now, mobryan said:

That's not really true, though. WoT had standardizable consumables and ammo for a very long time.I realize the systems are slightly different, but the effect was the same.

Matt

The problem is some ships have repair on the T key, others on they Y key, and others even use the U key. If the keys were standardized you would have fewer unintended uses of a consumable.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,233 posts
11,366 battles
7 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I would rather have this QoL improvement than Colbert or Ohio

Maybe that could be WG’s hook to get everyone to cave on the research bureau: Four line regrinds gets you consumable keybinding. One more gets you one of their bait (errrrr  - reward) ships.