Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

Did not know this was a thing ?

16 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
3,073 posts
12,817 battles

I'm wondering why you think it can't/shouldn't be possible.

[HRVAT]
Members
1,388 posts
6 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I'm wondering why you think it can't/shouldn't be possible.

Well alot of people on here ood with math and detail of these ships, would love to know how it is

[KAPPA]
Members
2,261 posts
7,147 battles
1 minute ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Well alot of people on here ood with math and detail of these ships, would love to know how it is

The same way any detonation by DD guns happens: hitting the turret.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,073 posts
12,817 battles
2 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

A detonation can occurs once your ship has lost 25% HP.

Doesn't matter if it's from main guns, torps, secondaries, rockets, AP or HE DB.

[LOIN]
Supertester
705 posts
45 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Gearing detonated with just secondaries ?

How is this possible ?

20190819_193709_PASD013-Gearing-1945_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

I detonated a destroyer with the secondaries on my Arizona, it was priceless 

Edited by Starfleet1701

[SALVO]
Members
23,283 posts
23,917 battles

I remember detonating a DD with my Pensacola's secondaries in a very early season of Ranked.  Kinda shocked me, how I killed that DD so quickly.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,604 posts
10,850 battles
39 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Gearing detonated with just secondaries ?

How is this possible ?

Ship magazines have an HP pool, once the ship is below 75% and the HP of the magazine has dropped to 0 ANY damage can cause a detonation. HE shells in the game cause damage over an area not just the exact spot they hit - why multiple modules both internal and external can be taken out with one hit. Most secondaries are HE with more than enough pen to punch through armour on any DD that isn't Khab or Haru that have heavily armoured areas for a DD. Most are 127 mm and up and 127/6 is 21 mm  and change - so anything less than that is auto penetrated. 

DD's have the lowest module HP's including magazine, I'd even argue a bit too low, next to no armour, and secondaries are almost if not HE only now which has an aoe effect where it causes damage. Detonation by secondaries is fairly common actually. The two that I've encoutered that are seemingly rare, and used to be more frequent but rare, are 

- Detonation by AP shell - Had AP loaded when firing at a DD when it popped up, apparently a shell directly hit the mag and caused a detonation

- BB detonation by torpedo hit - I used to see these a lot more but haven't seen one in a while. Torps are similar to HP shells, the damage radiates, so hitting most BB's between the forward turrets was a fairly reliable chance at detonating the ship. 

[PVE]
Members
3,951 posts
22,257 battles

Before the 25% change got a full life Benson w/a 2ndary from my Amagi.

Was battling 3 other BBs at once & was in binoc mode at the time so didn't even realize it was a 1 secondary hit until post battle stats (or that I even killed him...missed the kill ribbon when it happened...so didn't even get to apologize to him.

[WOLFG]
Members
7,331 posts
5,304 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I remember detonating a DD with my Pensacola's secondaries in a very early season of Ranked.  Kinda shocked me, how I killed that DD so quickly.

You get CQE, he gets det flags(if they gave them out at the time).

Must have been a really happy guy.

Members
2,487 posts
4,169 battles

I remember this one poor DD who had done everything right,  avoided the frontlines and come around to my Ryujo.  I had dodged his first salvo of torpedoes,  knew I wasn't going to get out of the way of his second...when my secondaries pinged him and he exploded.  And this was before the detonation changes so he was more or less at full health.  Never felt guiltier about a kill.

Sign in to follow this