Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KilljoyCutter

In-Game News -- "new items" not clearing

4 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,105 posts

In the latest edition of this bug, the news items "Five Valiant Naval Heroes" and "The Story of Phillipe A." will not clear their "new" status. 

Neither clicking on the individual stories nor using the "mark as read" function work. 

As soon as you leave the news window, the "2" reappeared next to your account name, and going back into news shows both items as "new" again. 

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,220 battles

put in a support ticket. It is not enough of a bother for me to do so. It has no effect on gameplay.

Members
5,829 posts
6,706 battles

Honestly, I sometimes feel like WG does this on purpose. The last time this "bug" appeared was for the "Georgia is on sale/leaving the shop soon!" article.

I mean, if they wanted to get someone's attention for specific articles, this would be a fairly subtle way.

A little in the tinfoil hat territory to be fair, but to me the bug seems so random and infrequent that sometimes I have a hard time believing it's not somewhat intentional.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,105 posts
Just now, GhostSwordsman said:

Honestly, I sometimes feel like WG does this on purpose. The last time this "bug" appeared was for the "Georgia is on sale/leaving the shop soon!" article.

I mean, if they wanted to get someone's attention for specific articles, this would be a fairly subtle way.

A little in the tinfoil hat territory to be fair, but to me the bug seems so random and infrequent that sometimes I have a hard time believing it's not somewhat intentional.

That was my gut reaction the first time it happened, but at least for me it makes me actively not care about whatever article keeps popping up, and even less likely to do whatever it is they're hoping I'll do.. 

Sign in to follow this