You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Guardian54

So the Siroco missions end a day before the first stage of the French DD event?

13 comments in this topic

[70]
Members
1,200 posts
6,540 battles

How curious that the event id displayed as ending on the 20th of August (EDIT: here's an image), but it's the 19th and the Siroco missions are already gone. A good way to catch inattentive procrastinators. Congratulations. Well played.

shot-19_08.19_19_40.49-0841.jpg.e9909e64

I don't think WG has figured out yet that they aren't an examination service testing people's ability to pay attention to details, but whatever.

Thank God I got the Not-Agile in a previous event and don't need a French DD trainer.

Edited by Guardian54

[NDA]
Supertester
5,308 posts
16,197 battles

This wouldn't be the first time a Mission that takes a premium ship that can only be gotten by either spending real $$$ or completing a long string of missions goes away once the ship can be earned for free.

I'm just glad I avoided getting another worthless Premium French DD. 

Really dodge adding another poorly preforming port queen to my port. 

[70]
Members
1,200 posts
6,540 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Guardian54 The news story for this clearly states the end is 19th 2 am PT

Yes but the event list in the game client lists 20th of August on the big splash image you get when you click "Events".

WG is not an exam center, so trolling us like this is not good business.

[70]
Members
1,200 posts
6,540 battles
2 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Guardian54 put in a support ticket and message WG Staff Members with the evidence to support your claim.

I'm referring to this:

shot-19_08.19_19_40.49-0841.thumb.jpg.ddd569a06ace83efcf5fad0bd7766687.jpg

To have the mission chain during an event end EXACTLY ONE DAY before the gigantic event splash screen says the event ends is not the most endearing of tactics when the vast majority of people are procrastinators.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,334 battles

Put in a support ticket and message WG Staff members with that screen shot.

[70]
Members
1,200 posts
6,540 battles
42 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

Events are not the same as directives. Part 1 of the event is still technically ongoing.

Yes yes, I've been made aware of that.

I still find it very comical and pointlessly exacting.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,660 posts
11,235 battles

Here's a thought...don't wait till the last minute?  I understand life happens and I understand there is a lot going on right now (people complain about not enough, then too much...its funny) but this wasn't exactly a Sherlock Holmes type mystery.  You had like 4 weeks to stumble upon the listing that showed when it ended, and you could assume that since each directive lasted a week, that the 4th one would also.

I would be very interested to know how many of these folks that complained about it ending, would have actually got it done if they had that extra day?  My bet is, most gave up early and are just looking for an avenue to complain.

I have little interest in the ship or the french DD line, but got all the directives done on like day 2 or 3.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,650 posts
13,013 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Guardian54 The news story for this clearly states the end is 19th 2 am PT

How far down do you have to dig to find that news story now?

25 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Here's a thought...don't wait till the last minute?  I understand life happens and I understand there is a lot going on right now (people complain about not enough, then too much...its funny) but this wasn't exactly a Sherlock Holmes type mystery.  You had like 4 weeks to stumble upon the listing that showed when it ended, and you could assume that since each directive lasted a week, that the 4th one would also.

I would be very interested to know how many of these folks that complained about it ending, would have actually got it done if they had that extra day?  My bet is, most gave up early and are just looking for an avenue to complain.

I have little interest in the ship or the french DD line, but got all the directives done on like day 2 or 3.

I am not complaining, I accept the responsibility but it should be on the event tabs on each page. I couldn't remember when it ended and with nothing obvious I made the mistake of assuming I had a few days to know out the final million damage. If I had known I would have stayed up and finished it.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,334 battles

@BrushWolf I didn't have to dig at all. I read it and understood it the first day it was put in the news. It also appeared that very same time in the Port screen news in the drop down that opens when you click on your game name.

There is no excuse for not knowing when an event or portion of an event ends.