You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Mahan torpedo upgrade yes? no?

6 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,509 posts
10,758 battles

Is the torpedo upgrade worth it on the Mahan. I play DD's in coop's & ops mostly, haven't reached the level to play in randoms yet.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,829 posts
6 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Is the torpedo upgrade worth it on the Mahan. I play DD's in coop's & ops mostly, haven't reached the level to play in randoms yet.

Do you want to be able to send torps without being detected outside of smoke?  If yes, then yes.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,398 posts
12,937 battles

Since you said co-op and ops I will say no since the bots know about torpedoes as soon as they are fired. They only time I have had success at range against a bot is when another ship has their attention.

[RLGN]
Members
12,231 posts
21,951 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Since you said co-op and ops I will say no since the bots know about torpedoes as soon as they are fired. They only time I have had success at range against a bot is when another ship has their attention.

What Wolfy says is correct.

The only caveat I would add, I do so because I have played Mahan in Randoms and Ranked, and like to be able to fire area denial torps. More useful in such games, but as was said; less so against bots.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,687 posts
7,359 battles

Anything beyond 4km for torpedoes is gonna result in misses for co op and ops, so no use for longer ranges torpedoes unless they do more damage than the stock ones.

[USCC]
Members
2,751 posts
17 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Anything beyond 4km for torpedoes is gonna result in misses for co op and ops, so no use for longer ranges torpedoes unless they do more damage than the stock ones.

I agree, right now we have 3 x 4, I think a 4 x 6 setup would be much better. :Smile_trollface: