Gneisenau013

Update 0.8.7 - Bugs Report

99 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
7,444 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

You can deleted the sub-folder in there called "Cache".

It will reappear once you relaunch the game and populate files again.

Thank you.

Unfortunately the problem still exists.

[HEROS]
Members
1,901 posts
16,207 battles

Matchmaker:

Well its the second day after the update and the MM changes should have clearly kicked in by now.... Maybe it's a server population issue but I'm not seeing a real drop in the number of time I'm bottom tier.  Curious if there "special exceptions" such as running a premium.  I still spend half my fight in my Harekaze as bottom tier..  There is a more even spread of tiers in a match.. i'm usually not the only tier VIII in a tier X.  Time will tell, however it's not very noticable change for me at least.  Maybe if there was a way for the user to see the stats for tier placement in the player match over time as part of the interface.. just a thought seeing as we human ARE known for having a short attention span..

[S-BUS]
Members
3 posts
3,933 battles

In the past 2 hours this morning I have had the game lock up on me 4 times in the middle of battle.  I get a critical error from the Wows client and it is a hard lock.  I have to reboot to get the system to respond.  Either the client error window is not completing the cleanup or there is a memory space that the client is stepping on and creating a serious error.  I do not get this error while running other games from wargaming.  I.E. Warplanes or the public test.  Game client is in the FW exception and has been.  Attaching the diagnostics with network option.  Running with Ultra. No issues found with dxdiag and I am running the Nvidia approved overlay with some tweaks.  When errors occurred I was not running OC options either.  So plain vanilla setup running official ModStation Mods. No screen shots to send because of the hard lock.  Your diag attempts to ping https://wgus.worldofwarships.com but is unable to ping because of the https://  I am able to resolve that domain to:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    fe-sv4.wgcrowd.io
Addresses:  162.213.62.111
Aliases:  wgus.worldofwarships.com

You will need to fix that check in your diag.  

WoWS_report.wgc

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
Members
2,353 posts
13,395 battles
16 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Somehow I have a  "Default Patch." Dont know how to fix it

Also check your GPU percentile guys... It may be running to high from normal.

I'd been thinking about asking how you created it ... since I've never cared for the patches.  

[B00OM]
[B00OM]
Members
2 posts
1,083 battles
6 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

As of now, NA servers are online and available.

Can you submit a Support ticket?

The Support team is better able to isolate the cause.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/17361/17371/17374/

Hiya ty for your reply and yes I would like to put a ticket in and get help but your support screen link doesn't load. Just keeps showing the loading screen. I am signed in on my account. My Net is fine and atm trying to re-install the program hoping that will fix the issue. Sry to hassle in this forum but didn't know what else I could do when I couldn't get the support page to load.

[HDR]
Members
1 post
5,450 battles
On 8/21/2019 at 3:02 PM, User_1767 said:

My left mouse button will not select any of the tabs in port or the game interface after the update, works fine in windows.

WoWS_report.wgc

That's the same issue am having right now and is getting me frustrated fast.

Members
36 posts
2,171 battles

So since the patch it seems like whenever I try and play a game in a division, my UX freezes during the game start phase, and I can't really play the game.  The WASD controls will respond, but that's it.  The camera is locked in its starting position, the "game starts in" timer will be frozen at some time, the minimap never updates, and the large map cannot be brought up.  I can switch weapon systems, but they cannot be fired.  I can use a consumable, but it won't go on cooldown and will be locked out permanently thereafter - similarly, using AA re-enforcement works the first time, but the UI for it locks up and it will never go on CD to be available again either.  I can tell if I've been hit, or catch fire, or die, but have no idea of the current health of the ship.

Inevitably, when the game ends, I get a crash with the "terminate / restart" dialogue options, and that's that.

I'd love to provide more information, but it's both a really frustrating bug to deal with (I'll get a penalty for not playing the game through, but I cannot really do any playing) and the spoiler'd information in the first post doesn't load to give me any extra advice.

[Edit]
Even better, just had a division match where it actually did start out fine, but in the middle of the match I had the same problem with the camera suddenly freeze and I was put into the same state.  It happened after I pressed shift to exit binnoculars (not the first time that match).  Took a few screenshots so you can see what's going on.  In the first one you can see my ship in the right portion of the smoke, as I figured since I couldn't do anything else I could at least dive in and spot the destroyer that popped it.  In the second shot you can see that I have died and nothing else in the UX has updated.

1.PNG

2.PNG

[Edit 2]
Got a crash dump for that last one after the game ended and crashed.

WorldOfWarships64-2019-08-22_21-37-24.dmp

Edited by ArcticLancer
Added some fun new info.

[WOLF2]
Members
604 posts
16,894 battles

I've been disconnected several times since the update and I got warning for leaving the battle early one of those times. Sometimes in game or in port it's freezes and I have to reboot and sometimes when in port the game closes on it's own. I'm not running any mods.

• Cool 1

[PSFL]
[PSFL]
Members
46 posts
17,931 battles
11 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

I checked it this morning and I can move commanders from ship to ship.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error you're seeing?

Cannot move commanders to premium ships.

capture.png

capture1.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,132 posts
13,304 battles

Twitch mission #NoBuffs is not showing on the results screen but it is correctly registering progress.

[BB22]
Members
2 posts
6,570 battles

I'm really getting upset! I have now had my game crash on me 4 times during Ranked, my game is crashing a lot, It only started after update 0.8.7.

I'm about to not play this until next patch.  

Attached is all the crashes as of this post.

WorldOfWarships64-2019-08-21_12-48-52.crash

WorldOfWarships64-2019-08-21_13-28-39.crash

WorldOfWarships64-2019-08-21_23-26-40.crash

WorldOfWarships64-2019-08-22_01-42-08.crash

WorldOfWarships-2018-05-29_17-49-21.crash

WorldOfWarships-2018-05-29_17-49-21.dmp

WorldOfWarships64-2019-08-23_00-08-08.crash

Edited by Jleer
Added more crash files

Members
36 posts
2,171 battles

By the by, after the last crash I could no longer get the game to run, so did a file integrity check which did repair something.  It looks like things all started working fine again afterwards, so the bug might actually have been a bad bit of installation.  Will update if it happens again, but for now seems pretty good.
Jleer, you might want to also do an integrity check if you're suddenly getting random crashes now.

Members
6 posts
24,892 battles
21 hours ago, HEREWEALD said:

Thank you.

Unfortunately the problem still exists.

I have reported the issue to WG while Public test. But they don't consider that's a problem

After 0.8.7 go live, the issue happen on the same way.
so I confirmed that's client problem more than network issue

By reading more report from this forum , I find that the cef_browser_process maybe the reason

I just replace the folder content
[World_of_Warships]\bin64\cef

with this one (32 bit version)
[World_of_Warships]\bin32\cef

Lucky that the 32 bit version work well , and all webview work again.
That's probable the 64 bits render engine have hardware problem (not all player get this issue)

Wish this may help you

[NWS]
Members
188 posts
5,615 battles

There seems to be a problem with one of my deputies not having his " redistrubution points " set to zero like the rest of us. As you see in image . 

He definitely clicked particiate in certain news articles to allow for this. 

Can anyone help?

Popeye's redistribution still at 300 doublloons.png

• Confused 1

[BNZAI]
Members
8 posts
23 hours ago, SatanTMadcow said:

In the past 2 hours this morning I have had the game lock up on me 4 times in the middle of battle.  I get a critical error from the Wows client and it is a hard lock.  I have to reboot to get the system to respond.  Either the client error window is not completing the cleanup or there is a memory space that the client is stepping on and creating a serious error.  I do not get this error while running other games from wargaming.  I.E. Warplanes or the public test.  Game client is in the FW exception and has been.  Attaching the diagnostics with network option.  Running with Ultra. No issues found with dxdiag and I am running the Nvidia approved overlay with some tweaks.  When errors occurred I was not running OC options either.  So plain vanilla setup running official ModStation Mods. No screen shots to send because of the hard lock.  Your diag attempts to ping https://wgus.worldofwarships.com but is unable to ping because of the https://  I am able to resolve that domain to:

WoWS_report.wgc

same hard locking issues since 8.7 

[TIRP]
Members
27 posts
2,954 battles
On 8/21/2019 at 2:02 PM, User_1767 said:

My left mouse button will not select any of the tabs in port or the game interface after the update, works fine in windows.

WoWS_report.wgc

I had this same issue and rebooting/restarting didn't fix it. I also tried running using the option of reseting to default settings (sorry not getting that wording exact). When I ran it this way, it ran in window in mode and I noticed the tell-tale green box around the window indicating the application was being sandboxed by Comodo. It didn't occur to me that was what was happening until several others pointed the finger at Comodo. Completely shutting down all Comodo processes before starting up WOWs seems to have done the trick. I'm not sure if this will be an issue next time I run or I will have to do this every time I restart. Obviously running without anti-virus is not an option. I would think that I should be able to indicate WOWs as a trusted application. I have not tried this either.

My question.... why is 0.8.7 now conflicting with Comodo? 

Thank you for those who have posted here. This is a very helpful thread. :Smile_honoring:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,132 posts
13,304 battles
9 hours ago, ArcticLancer said:

By the by, after the last crash I could no longer get the game to run, so did a file integrity check which did repair something.  It looks like things all started working fine again afterwards, so the bug might actually have been a bad bit of installation.  Will update if it happens again, but for now seems pretty good.
Jleer, you might want to also do an integrity check if you're suddenly getting random crashes now.

This, running the check is the second thing you should do if you are getting more than the occasional crash. The first thing is to remove mods if you are using any.

• Cool 1

[KERMT]
Members
751 posts

Select Priority AA sector Key keeps reverting back to O when the game is relaunched if you change it. 

Eg: I changed it to Q, as I changed my rudder shift keys to A&D from Q&E as they are the only ones I use. 

When the game is relaunched the Select Priority AA sector Key keeps reverting back to O

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,429 posts
17,993 battles

I had the system lock up two times, once in port and the other at the end of a match (see Attachment). I got this in the crash log.

Application C:/Games/World_of_Warships/bin64/WorldOfWarships64.exe crashed 08.23.2019 at 18:22:40

Hash: 51861
EIP: 0x00000000984EF2D0

I have un-install the ModStation mods to see if the problem happens again. I also attached the WGC Report too. I will update if it happens again.

update0.8.7_ system freeze_20190823.jpg

WoWS_report.wgc

[PACNW]
Members
35 posts
2,741 battles

The carousel keeps changing when I am not changing it. 

Before 0.8.7: If I checked missions I was told I didn't have the correct ships selected but the carousel didn't change. 
After 0.8.7: Every single time I check missions my carousel settings changes to match the mission. It is VERY frustrating to have to change my carousel settings constantly. 

Please STOP changing my carousel settings!!

Edited by GaussDeath

[WORX]
Members
7,937 posts
16,699 battles

Neri Operations bug...

One of the green Liberty ship bots is getting stuck. Usually its getting stuck by the islands in the middle of the map before everyone enters the cove.

It never moves from that spot. This the 2nd match it has occurred.

Edited by Navalpride33

[DOW]
Members
2 posts
5,486 battles
On 8/22/2019 at 12:00 PM, SatanTMadcow said:

WoWS_report.wgc

I am having this same issue