You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

An in game survey on game related things

31 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
6,060 posts
13,093 battles

I was super pumped to see this survey pop up in game today. Not only was it on game related things, it was on stats, which I find super interesting. I like playing with numbers and such and there are definitely some deficiencies in stat reporting for WoWs, so it was nice to be able to give them some feedback. 

http://surveys.wargaming.net/s3/profile-NA?fukey=04623327697e88b6194fbf661b366f07

• Cool 3

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,593 posts
15,109 battles

Wow, an actually useful poll that didn't ask me if I liked to eat Pizza or Hot Dogs....

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,547 posts
12,260 battles

Annoyed that they didn't give a spot for you to give suggestions :Smile_sceptic:

[WOLFG]
Members
7,476 posts
5,439 battles
Just now, pikohan said:

Annoyed that they didn't give a spot for you to give suggestions :Smile_sceptic:

Depending on what you selected (if you wanted more/different data) suggestions were available.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,547 posts
12,260 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

Depending on what you selected (if you wanted more/different data) suggestions were available.

Damn, I'm just doing it wrong. What a scrub :Smile_sad:

[NGAGE]
Members
174 posts
8,555 battles

Think it will have any meaningful result...

Felt a lot like a poll designed to make us "Feel" like they care...

[-BRS-]
Members
1,298 posts
6,414 battles

I understand not showing everyone's damage in clan battles, but I think it would be useful.  I added that comment. I'd like to see average damage for clan battles.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,737 posts
3,895 battles

Recommending a Battle Contribution stat that is weighted by value of damage (IE: percentage of HP, not total numbers, with a lower value given to damage which got repaired) and caps/cap defense, probably some other variables can feed into it. I think this would be a good way to gauge your individual contribution to the team, and easier to gauge where you can improve than just raw win rate which is too generic and too easily influenced by the rest of the team.

I guess it'd be a WoWS version of personal rating, but making it more difficult to smurf it like people do for winrate now.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
8,946 posts
7,885 battles
1 hour ago, pikohan said:

On the last page you could select that you are not happy with the stats given on the official page, and then write a wall of text on why.

[OO7]
Members
6,060 posts
13,093 battles
6 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Recommending a Battle Contribution stat that is weighted by value of damage (IE: percentage of HP, not total numbers, with a lower value given to damage which got repaired) and caps/cap defense, probably some other variables can feed into it. I think this would be a good way to gauge your individual contribution to the team, and easier to gauge where you can improve than just raw win rate which is too generic and too easily influenced by the rest of the team.

I guess it'd be a WoWS version of personal rating, but making it more difficult to smurf it like people do for winrate now.

It's called xp. The problem with xp is that gives base xp from regular and premium accounts as the same, making it useless as a stat. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,547 posts
12,260 battles
3 minutes ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

It's called xp. The problem with xp is that gives base xp from regular and premium accounts as the same, making it useless as a stat. 

Yeah, this is the complaint that I wanted to write as well.

[AJO]
Members
20 posts
4,560 battles
24 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

i put the same suggestion in for damage stat and base cap/defense.  Also,  and most important in my opinion, I would like to see a stats for your average finishing position on the team.  Average finish would tell me a lot more about my performance and others than any of the other stats as they can be manipulated and some of them are influenced by ship type/tier.  200k damage in a Hindy and let's say 200k damage in a Maas are not really the same thing imo.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,778 posts
12,325 battles
49 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I understand not showing everyone's damage in clan battles, but I think it would be useful.  I added that comment. I'd like to see average damage for clan battles.

I actually like that they don't do this...come clannies get a bit prideful about how great they are...now its much more a team win.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,737 posts
3,895 battles
2 hours ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

XP is inadequate and what affects it is not clearly defined. And is manipulated by Premium as you accurately point out.

What we need is something clearly defined.

[REALY]
Members
192 posts
1,878 battles

Huh. It closed the survey right after I answered "No" to the "Do you check other players stats" question. Three questions and it was done. Gotta admit, I don't think much of surveys that tailor the questions you get to the responses they give, smacks too much of "Oh, this player probably has an opinion we won't like because they didn't give the responses we wanted".

[XBRTC]
Members
3,064 posts
9,868 battles
8 minutes ago, Axiomaticranger said:

Huh. It closed the survey right after I answered "No" to the "Do you check other players stats" question. Three questions and it was done. Gotta admit, I don't think much of surveys that tailor the questions you get to the responses they give, smacks too much of "Oh, this player probably has an opinion we won't like because they didn't give the responses we wanted".

Actually, it's more along the lines of "oh, this player doesn't engage in the behavior we're asking questions about, therefore this survey is a waste of his time and ours."

[OO7]
Members
6,060 posts
13,093 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

XP is inadequate and what affects it is not clearly defined. And is manipulated by Premium as you accurately point out.

What we need is something clearly defined.

so if they remove that limitation and everyones base xp is reported as shown on the team list, then its exactly what you want.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,695 posts
1 hour ago, Scrapyard_ said:

I hope this is WG working on making stats more important. 

Ugh not me.  Too many players obsessed with stats over actually playing the game as it is.

As it is, I have to keep my stats hidden so a I don’t get focus fired at the start of the game by people running Match maker Monitor.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,737 posts
3,895 battles
13 hours ago, Lexington_MuseumO7 said:

so if they remove that limitation and everyones base xp is reported as shown on the team list, then its exactly what you want.

Not exactly. XP calculations are opaque. I want something transparent.