Update 0.8.7 Feedback

177 comments in this topic

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,251 posts
14,733 battles

updateisLive.jpg

Hey Captains,

With 0.8.7.0 being released, please leave your feedback and thoughts on the latest patch.

Please leave feedback on:

• French Destroyers Tech Tree Release
  • New Directive Chain
  • French Tokens and Legion of Honor Armory Section
  • AA and Priority Sector Changes
  • Ranked Sprint.
  • Changes and Improvements
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[-_W_-]
Members
7 posts
6,087 battles

I was just watching the stream and I'm curious.   Mr Conway says that Musashi, Missouri and Belfast are perfectly balanced to play against, and that banned ships shouldn't be removed from special modes(ranked, CB ect.)  

Perfectly balanced ships belong in the armory/supercontainers boys and girls.  Either they are fine and should be in the armory or can be won or they are not and should be restricted from being sold or used. 

Pick one.

• Cool 4
  • Angry 1

[STW-D]
Members
33 posts
15,450 battles

Death of the CV and  introduction of yet another overpowered Russian fantasy boat.... Wallet still closed. 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,652 posts
11,208 battles
34 minutes ago, Biostalker_2017 said:

I was just watching the stream and I'm curious.   Mr Conway says that Musashi, Missouri and Belfast are perfectly balanced to play against, and that banned ships shouldn't be removed from special modes(ranked, CB ect.)  

Perfectly balanced ships belong in the armory/supercontainers boys and girls.  Either they are fine and should be in the armory or can be won or they are not and should be restricted from being sold or used. 

Pick one.

The company line is not that boats are removed because they are overpowered - they are removed because they are becoming too common, or because they are trying to make room for other ships.  Its bull, but its what they have said consistently.

• Cool 1

[SSN]
Members
66 posts
14,145 battles

Random match 1 - I just watched two of the Russian Smolensk's melt a Worcester and Minotaur in a random battle. Thought well that was something. All 4 players were of comparable, clan experience it seemed. However, the reign of shells in the air from the Russians literally covered the sky with HE. 

Random match 2 - just watched more Smolensk's melt a couple bbs, a dd and a two Henri's. Well... let's say the TOO OP statements were ringing from the rafters to say the least. Right along with ... how many premiums for purchase (one way or another) will we release this month... 2..4...10. Pay to play also came into the mix...  and just not enough time to get the ships because the players are not 24/7/365 players. Extremely concerning were the players with base ships just reaching tier 10 and their "why the hell should I play this .... against ships like this.... no chance" mentality. I can understand the frustration of literally not having the time to earn the superships (and that Smolensk is OP as it sits) that are coming out. 

Careful WG... perception is a hard thing to overcome ... and these relatively new players reaching tier10 for the first time are the players you need to retain. 

[-_W_-]
Members
7 posts
6,087 battles
6 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

The company line is not that boats are removed because they are overpowered - they are removed because they are becoming too common, or because they are trying to make room for other ships.  Its bull, but its what they have said consistently.

Massa and Jean Bart, so common, better pull the plug.  

Members
5 posts
56 battles

As "Update 0.8.7 - Bugs Report" isn´t there yet (you can put it over there as soon as), meanwhile gone show it here;

shot-19_08.21_16_54.17-0617.thumb.jpg.f8a12855922cbdec50da4852cf20f502.jpg

actually does look better then the "PT Summer Season" Symbol, would keep it, but well it´s a bug.

:Smile_honoring: Blaubeeren

[KRAK]
Members
36 posts
8,858 battles

wow indicated the up date was completed and I was running the current version.  When I go to log in it tells me I am running and older version.

[CCF]
Members
10 posts
5,278 battles

Do not like the new and improved tech tree

The foolishness referred to as the research bureau is taking up and wasting too much space

I will never, never, never "reset" that's through away weeks and months of grinding to T 10 so I can do it again

Are you nuts ?

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,249 posts
12,818 battles

The new tech trees for the USN & IJN lines are truncated on the right ... with no way to scroll to the right.  Was reported during PTS.

noscroll.jpg

noscroll2.jpg

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,442 battles

Got this alert about an invalid digital signature when starting the game for the first time (Norton complained about the exe file) and then again when I clicked on the Armory tab.

image.thumb.png.c424865c59902b615554347cb7943abc.png

Members
94 posts
54 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

The new tech trees for the USN & IJN lines are truncated on the right ... with no way to scroll to the right.  Was reported during PTS.

noscroll.jpg

noscroll2.jpg

image.thumb.png.1e08520a83f8d215c6c13889d6445c59.png

Still there. Looks like it's the only screen. All screens, including gameplay, look right. 

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,442 battles
1 hour ago, American_Ace_96 said:

image.thumb.png.1e08520a83f8d215c6c13889d6445c59.png

Still there. Looks like it's the only screen. All screens, including gameplay, look right. 

Interesting - I have a different screen shot that shows everything.

image.thumb.png.0ddab4c2e0bf519c03655086c5736d54.png

Perhaps, it's a screen resolution problem?

I have my game in Windowed mode and maximized (resolution is being reported as 1902 x 983)

Members
94 posts
3 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

Interesting - I have a different screen shot that shows everything.

image.thumb.png.0ddab4c2e0bf519c03655086c5736d54.png

Perhaps, it's a screen resolution problem?

I have my game in Windowed mode and maximized (resolution is being reported as 1902 x 983)

I've tried every trick I know and this is the only screen that doesn't fit. Kinda reminds me of the days when I played on a 4:3 monitor. The system says I'm running a 16:10 (1440x900). I bought this off of a friend so no box or any instructions besides the obvious plug and play. 

Members
5 posts
56 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

noscroll.jpg

noscroll2.jpg

Try this: Settings -> Graphics -> "Increase UI scale" lower this to 100% or till the techtrees fit on screen or/and "Resolution" as high as you can :fish_book:

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

Thank You for fixing the autopliot!! It works AWESOME!

I was actually stuck between 2 islands in a CV with a DD bearing down on my position. I told the autopilot to go backwards, it did a 3-point turn between  the islands and got me outta there!

And the DD died to rockets... normally I'd be the dead one in that circumstance. :)

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 1

[WOOKY]
Members
205 posts
10,184 battles

It'd be nice if you would quit fixing things till they're broken.  I'm tired of changes that make the game better to leave than play and if WoWS can't figure that out it is doomed to failure.  Fix it more and it gets more broken. 

Members
12 posts
2,688 battles

Please give Błyskawica back her Poland flag. Actually all ships should fly their respective colors in honor of those that served aboard them. Canadian, Australian, Chinese, Korean, German...etc. It feels and looks so much better. Keep them in the Tech Tree to avoid clutter but just change the flags.

• Cool 2

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Beta Testers
235 posts
6,544 battles
26 minutes ago, MITCHBloodyBadger said:

Please give Błyskawica back her Poland flag. Actually all ships should fly their respective colors in honor of those that served aboard them. Canadian, Australian, Chinese, Korean, German...etc. It feels and looks so much better. Keep them in the Tech Tree to avoid clutter but just change the flags.

It is there. Go to the flags section and expand the small naval flags part at the bottom of the window

Members
12 posts
2,688 battles
26 minutes ago, Platnumsniper said:

It is there. Go to the flags section and expand the small naval flags part at the bottom of the window

Thank you. Is this only available for the European and Commonwealth Tech trees?

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Beta Testers
235 posts
6,544 battles
1 minute ago, MITCHBloodyBadger said:

Thank you. Is this only available for the European and Commonwealth Tech trees?

Nope it is also available in the Pan Asia and Pan America trees. Basically any tree that is more then one nation