You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DigitalRebel

Siroco missions are over??

47 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
136 posts
17,502 battles

I had just a small amount to go and was going to do it now and it says stand by for further instructions..   I thought I had until the next patch no??  wth WG??  All your events are crap lately  

no need to respond.. I found it.. it ended this morning.   this game has too much going on all the time.., I need to quit wasting my time grinding stuff. always disappointing. 

Edited by DigitalRebel
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,757 posts
10,613 battles
3 minutes ago, DigitalRebel said:

I thought I had until the next patch no?? 

Alas, no. The event close time WAS on the appropriate news page, and I put up a PSA here in the forums a day or two ago, announcing that fact.

The closing date always refers to the server reset on that day, not close-of-play on that day. I think it's got something to do with the way the Russians approach time, culturally or psychologically - similar to how the expression "In his twenty-first year" used to be written in English, to mean "when he was twenty years old".

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[O_O]
Members
5,806 posts
13,429 battles

Don't come to the forum to get info ahead of time.

Come to the forum to complain about something you missed out on that you would have known had you checked the forum periodically beforehand.

Brilliant.

I have seen some post, "I don't have time to check the forums for information all the time!"...and that is fine.  If that is the case, do the rest of us a favor and continue that "don't have time to check the forum" theme when it comes time to complain.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,595 posts
13,007 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Alas, no. The event close time WAS on the appropriate news page, and I put up a PSA here in the forums a day or two ago, announcing that fact.

The closing date always refers to the server reset on that day, not close-of-play on that day. I think it's got something to do with the way the Russians approach time, culturally or psychologically - similar to how the expression "In his twenty-first year" used to be written in English, to mean "when he was twenty years old".

And I missed that PSA. I also thought I had a lot more time as there was no date within the directives. Oh well, easy come easy go.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,757 posts
10,613 battles
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

And I missed that PSA. I also thought I had a lot more time as there was no date within the directives. Oh well, easy come easy go.

The more people come here to whine, the faster the PSA's disappear off the front page without constant bumping (or moderator pinning).

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,595 posts
13,007 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The more people come here to whine, the faster the PSA's disappear off the front page without constant bumping (or moderator pinning).

^ This and the end date should have been in the directive on each page.

• Cool 8

Members
156 posts
10,863 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm glad I did catch your PSA, and was able to finish it yesterday (be it later than I had planned).  It probably got bumped by all the uproar over the RB discussions.

I do really appreciate all who post the PSA's and other assorted info on the Forum.  I'm sure I miss a few, but try to keep an eye on things when I can.

Members
156 posts
10,863 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

^ This and the end date should have been in the directive on each page.

It would be nice if they included the end date with the directives.  It shows prominently (usually) on the combat missions, etc.  Would help those who forget, don't come to the forums as often as they should, or who just want to check quickly rather than going to the game pages.

• Cool 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,318 posts

Directives and missions do not reliably end on patch dates, this has been the case for a long time.

The fact that these directives and missions ended on the 19th (early early AM) was all over the place, in news articles, in the events tab, etc. 

Only place it could be added for more obviousness is right on the Directives themselves.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Boring 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
589 posts
8,699 battles

The upside is the missions to earn the tokens with the French Destroyers are good through Sunday, so if the patch happens Wednesday, which I think is the schedule, then we will be able to get the destroyers from the tech tree and finish their missions to earn the tokens from their missions. If the patch isn't Wednesday, then I will be highly annoyed at only getting one of the DD missions...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,595 posts
13,007 battles
31 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Directives and missions do not reliably end on patch dates, this has been the case for a long time.

The fact that these directives and missions ended on the 19th (early early AM) was all over the place, in news articles, in the events tab, etc. 

Only place it could be added for more obviousness is right on the Directives themselves.

But not in the directives and it is easy to miss the news articles and PSA's from WG.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,245 posts
12,818 battles

Siroco missions are over??

I did read the web site, I did mark my calendar, I did see, even commented on, the PSA, ... nice attempt to inform the community, @Ensign_Cthulhu

Yes, it's over!!  Finally!!  Yay!!! (sorry you missed out)

[ARGSY]
Members
15,757 posts
10,613 battles
20 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

then we will be able to get the destroyers from the tech tree and finish their missions to earn the tokens from their missions

The thought of FXP'ing to the Le Fantasque as soon as the line drops had occurred to me. Having those extra 500 tokens from the Vauquelin and Le Fantasque missions would enable me to get all four special permacamos (I got 310 tokens from my ships).

The alternative for me is spending 2000 doubloons for the standard permacamo for the Vauquelin (since both the standard and the pretty one do the same thing anyway). 2000 doubloons would be the price of being able to relax and work up the line slowly at my own pace. Alternatively spend nothing, just work through the T7 with one-shot camos and have the Fantasque camo ready to go when I get there.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

Members
2,105 posts
3,709 battles
24 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

The upside is the missions to earn the tokens with the French Destroyers are good through Sunday, so if the patch happens Wednesday, which I think is the schedule, then we will be able to get the destroyers from the tech tree and finish their missions to earn the tokens from their missions. If the patch isn't Wednesday, then I will be highly annoyed at only getting one of the DD missions...

You'll also be able to pick up a few last-minute French DD containers if you can swing completing the Twitch missions, which are admittedly pretty challenging.

[_EASY]
Members
20 posts
10,804 battles
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If one is upset about missing Sirocco, know you aren't missing much.

I'm upset over missing the Sirocco because of the 250 tokens I won't be able to get.

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,434 battles
Just now, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

You'll also be able to pick up a few last-minute French DD containers if you can swing completing the Twitch missions, which are admittedly pretty challenging.

I managed to do the week 3 mission (1500, 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 base XP), but it was a pain to get a game to satisfy the 1900 base XP. 

The week 4 mission for 4 crates (1600, 1700, 1800, 1900, 2000) is probably out of reach for me (as you have to complete before 8/22). That means having a combination of a Random game WIN where I have an outstanding game - damage output and possibly capture one or more zones.

I did manage to acquire enough tokens to purchase all four camouflages but I haven't decided if I like the Gepard enough to keep it (and sadly have to grind to get the Tier 7 and 8 as my luck with French DD containers has been on a bad streak - 0 for 20 after getting the Tier 5 mission).

Members
2,105 posts
3,709 battles
Just now, dashtardly said:

I managed to do the week 3 mission (1500, 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 base XP), but it was a pain to get a game to satisfy the 1900 base XP. 

The week 4 mission for 4 crates (1600, 1700, 1800, 1900, 2000) is probably out of reach for me (as you have to complete before 8/22). That means having a combination of a Random game WIN where I have an outstanding game - damage output and possibly capture one or more zones.

I did manage to acquire enough tokens to purchase all four camouflages but I haven't decided if I like the Gepard enough to keep it (and sadly have to grind to get the Tier 7 and 8 as my luck with French DD containers has been on a bad streak - 0 for 20 after getting the Tier 5 mission).

I wish the mission objectives didn't have to be completed in order, because I've had a 2,800 BXP and a 2,000 BXP game... but I was on the 1,700 BXP objective at the time. :(

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,434 battles
10 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I wish the mission objectives didn't have to be completed in order, because I've had a 2,800 BXP and a 2,000 BXP game... but I was on the 1,700 BXP objective at the time. :(

Yeah, no different than having a great XP game and realizing that you had Naval Battles participation turned off (and failed to get the star credit for exceeding the current threshold).

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,444 posts
7,214 battles

Use this as a learning experience. Mine was Lazo, which I treated as a 2 month thing for the first week. It was that week that removed my ability to get her. Always be sure of the time you have, and, if you must, double, triple check as often as you must. What takes seconds can save you wasted hours.

[INTEL]
Members
2,574 posts
13,452 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And it was predicted(able) that come Monday we would have these posts.  

[WOLF6]
Members
1,366 posts
4,509 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Amen.

[-RNG-]
Members
225 posts
6,657 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Don't come to the forum to get info ahead of time.

Come to the forum to complain about something you missed out on that you would have known had you checked the forum periodically beforehand.

Brilliant.

I have seen some post, "I don't have time to check the forums for information all the time!"...and that is fine.  If that is the case, do the rest of us a favor and continue that "don't have time to check the forum" theme when it comes time to complain.

Amen