Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

New Friesland info, potential release date.

26 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
3,745 posts
5,417 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/they-may-take-our-stroopwafel-but-theyll-never-take-our-friesland/

In honor of the incoming release of our first Dutch ship – IX Friesland– on September 14th we will be at the Dutch Navy Museum (Marinemuseum) in Den Helder, Netherlands, for a day of World of Warships-related fun.

So I would say this places firmly the release of Friesland in September, time to rejoice :cap_haloween:.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,620 posts
24,017 battles

Was she coal or freeXP?

[ARGSY]
Members
15,794 posts
10,648 battles

@Lert, what's a Stroopwafel?

If I could go there, I would... but I can't get the time off and don't speak Dutch. I should keep it in mind for if I'm ever in Europe, though; De Ruyter was one of the very few non-US Terrier missile cruisers, and I've always been interested in them.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,523 posts
16,326 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Lert, what's a Stroopwafel?

lucRZ5R.png

Stroopwafels are a favorite gift to bring back from your trip, and travel fairly well. The cookies are best when eaten lukewarm, warmed up while resting on the rim of a cup of coffee or tea.

Easy to make, stroopwafels will delight everybody in your family, Dutch or not!

Recipe stroopwafels:

For the dough

• 500 gram (1.1 lb)  flour  
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 150 gram (5.3 oz) sugar
  • 125 grams (4.4 oz) unsalted butter
  • 100 ml (3.4 fl oz) warm water
  • 2 large eggs
  • Pinch of salt

Mix the flour, yeast, cinnamon and sugar. Rub small pieces of butter in the flour until it resembles small peas. Slowly pour in the warm water, knead several times. Add the eggs one at a time. Finally add the pinch of salt and knead the dough for a minute or two to incorporate all the ingredients until they are well blended.

Wrap in plastic food film and rest for 30 minutes.

For the caramel

• 150 grams (5.3 oz) light brown sugar
  • 125 gram (4.4 oz) unsalted butter
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 5 tablespoons pancake syrup
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Melt the sugar and the butter, stirring slowly over a low heat. Add the cinnamon and the pancake syrup and continue to stir until the caramel comes together and slowly bubbles. Make sure all the sugar has dissolved, then add the vanilla extract and stir it in. Keep the caramel warm.

Divide the dough into 20 equal pieces, and roll each one into a small ball. Cover and rest on the counter.

Heat your waffle cone machine or your pizzelle iron according to instructions. Place one dough ball in the middle, press down the top lid and bake each waffle for approximately 40 seconds.

Now you have to work fast. As long as the waffle cookie is hot, it's pliable. The moment it cools, it will break on you so make sure you have all the items you need within reach.

With a sharp, serrated knife, slice the cookie horizontally in two. Place a generous size dollop of caramel in the middle, replace the top part and gently push down on it so that the caramel spreads. Place on a rack to cool.

<edit>

WG, for the love of God, Odin and Zeus, let me be able to get a Friesland t-shirt through other means than traveling to the event ...

909fe196-c272-11e9-bb17-38eaa735f4cc_120

I won't be able to make the event :( But I want me that shirt.

• Cool 9

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,620 posts
24,017 battles

Thx for the answer.

FreeXP sounds good, I have nearly 2.8mio. The Smolensk was the coal ship then.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,523 posts
16,326 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Along with bitterballen "must eats" when in Netherlands pretty much.

^

[ARGSY]
Members
15,794 posts
10,648 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Easy to make, stroopwafels will delight everybody in your family,

One look and my coronary arteries ran screaming. OTOH, left to her own devices, my daughter would eat these until she exploded.

I want the De Ruyter in game at Tier 10 (and all the other Talos/Terrier CL conversions). Those early Terriers have a lower rate of fire than most BB main guns, and a kill probability of less than 50% per shot. You'll never run the magazines dry over the length of a battle, and if anything it'd put a hard cap on the number of planes you could kill. Given how many guns they had to give up to fit the missiles in, it would actually NERF most of the cruisers that had them.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,523 posts
16,326 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I want the De Ruyter in game at Tier 10

... If you mean the De Zeven Provincien class, if she's coming to the game at all it'll be in her as-built variant, a 4x 2 152mm on a soft, late 1930s hull. She'll be T8 max.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,794 posts
10,648 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

... If you mean the De Zeven Provincien class, if she's coming to the game at all it'll be in her as-built variant, a 4x 2 152mm on a soft, late 1930s hull. She'll be T8 max.

Oh, I know. In that case I'm hoping for another two-line clone thing a la Boise, since IIRC one of them went to Peru. But I have this thing for the early missile boats, and a conviction that at least the first-generation of surface-to-air missiles would not unbalance AA at T10.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[KWF]
Members
3,745 posts
5,417 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

One look and my coronary arteries ran screaming. OTOH, left to her own devices, my daughter would eat these until she exploded.

There are some with honey too if it's to your preference and they come in all sizes. There are some bite sized ones that are perfect for breakfast or a late night snack.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,794 posts
10,648 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

There are some with honey too if it's to your preference and they come in all sizes. There are some bite sized ones that are perfect for breakfast or a late night snack.

"Hello, Air Canada - I want to book a return ticket to Holland, please. One seat going over, two coming back."

• Funny 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,523 posts
16,326 battles
11 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

My recommendation for a Dutch special captain... :Smile_glasses: (What the Russians got Dasha...)

Hide contents

Angeline+Jolie+1_1.jpg

Simone Simons <3

I've seen her live like 13 times. Even have a (15 year old) picture where I'm giving her a peck on the cheek.

Spoiler

Love Epica ... \m/

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
15,794 posts
10,648 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Even have a (15 year old) picture where I'm giving her a peck on the cheek.

You pecked her on the cheek when you were fifteen, you did it fifteen years ago, or both simultaneously? :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,523 posts
16,326 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You pecked her on the cheek when you were fifteen, you did it fifteen years ago, or both simultaneously? :Smile_teethhappy:

It happened 15 years ago ish. All entirely with permission, of course.

[KSE]
Members
3,942 posts
18,378 battles

I really wish it wasn't free XP 

All the battleship drivers are gonna have a Head Start with new RB because they aint spending it on a destroyer:Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
7,493 posts
5,450 battles
3 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

My recommendation for a Dutch special captain... :Smile_glasses: (What the Russians got Dasha...)

Reveal hidden contents

Angeline+Jolie+1_1.jpg

Redheads are a problem for me.

(Because I can't stop thinking about them).

• Funny 1

[KWF]
Members
3,745 posts
5,417 battles
12 minutes ago, Lexington_MuseumO1 said:

I really wish it wasn't free XP 

All the battleship drivers are gonna have a Head Start with new RB because they aint spending it on a destroyer:Smile_sceptic:

Consider though that Friesland seems to have some mean ASW mortars. So you will be getting an AA AND an ASW DD (when and if subs come) for the price of one :cap_rambo:.

Curious on pricetag though. Most DDs are cheaper than cruisers/BBs/CVs, yet all Free XP releases were at the same price.

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Members
15,794 posts
10,648 battles
11 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Redheads are a problem for me.

(Because I can't stop thinking about them).

I had that same problem ever since I was five years old. I solved it by marrying one.

• Funny 2

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

<Looks at 950K FXP in bank, looks at calendar... Coincidence??? I think not.>

Matt

P.S. I experimented with a redhead once. No amount of hot was worth that amount of crazy. Definitely on the upper right side of the Mendoza chart.

Matt

Sign in to follow this