You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mrdragonfell

not enough time to complete objectives

41 comments in this topic

[MOOBS]
Members
64 posts
7,460 battles

You guys are really losing me with the time to complete objectives, I invest a decent amount of real money into the game...and I do get tired of logging on Monday morning to find the time to complete an objective is over when I was so close. Got a career to deal with. Not happy and I am not special so I am not alone. 

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,588 posts
15,052 battles

I accomplished the directives on day 1-3 every time, and I have a career, family and numerous social activities outside of gaming.  Life is hard, so you have to make hard choices about your recreation time. Why should you expect to complete the directives if you don't make them a priority?  Do you expect promotions at work if you don't make your work a priority?  Do you expect your wife to do special things for you if you don't make time with her a priority?

You played 121 random games in the last 21 days and I have only played 78, so I don't understand what the problem is here ....

• Cool 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 5

Members
1,116 posts
20,430 battles

I've found a formula for contentment with this game: 

Spend NOTHING on this game.

+

Ignore convoluted mission strings that will incite stress and dread.

=

Play when you want for as long as you want, content in the knowledge you're not another of WG's dogs, trained to salivate at each new dangled piece of meat.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1

[PTRGT]
Members
363 posts
37,538 battles

True unless you have a good selection of ships and 3 or 4 hours to play per day it can be extremely difficult to complete several missions objectives over the months

Its been this way since the P. E. Friedrich missions and its not good for new or players with little free time to play that much

• Cool 3

Members
162 posts
2,642 battles

yeap, didn't even bother with gathering 3m credits on every nation crap, the rest were pretty OK, but I don't have that kind of time on my hands so...

• Cool 2

[KSE]
Members
3,891 posts
18,289 battles

You know I didn't make it

And I'm OK with it didn't have time, even that was a free ship it was not a must have,  if I really want it I'm sure I can buy it later

[INTEL]
Members
2,571 posts
13,417 battles
34 minutes ago, mrdragonfell said:

You guys are really losing me with the time to complete objectives, I invest a decent amount of real money into the game...and I do get tired of logging on Monday morning to find the time to complete an objective is over when I was so close. Got a career to deal with. Not happy and I am not special so I am not alone. 

Life prepared me for these deadlines.  Homework assignments due on Monday.  Work assignments due on Friday.  Doctor appointments on random days.  And a calendar on my phone of all things.  And I too still screw up and miss out on getting the assignments done on time.  And it's my screwup when I miss.

Members
2,378 posts
13,601 battles

I was one hour away from completing. I thought I'd do it today. I didn't see any info that it was ending today. I'm not sure if those who have been playing since the beginning have noticed that the missions to obtain tier 5 prems now require twice as much work to complete. I guess the next round will require us to play 8 hours a day

• Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
8,926 posts
9,933 battles
5 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

there is a secret for some of those mission: Coop

This. I also completed most of the credit missions in clan battles, in one night. These directives were far easier than the ones for Hill, which is absurd since they're both average powered T5 DDs. I gave up on Hill, however I got Siroco almost as soon as the last directive went live.

• Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,853 posts
21 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I was one hour away from completing. I thought I'd do it today. I didn't see any info that it was ending today. I'm not sure if those who have been playing since the beginning have noticed that the missions to obtain tier 5 prems now require twice as much work to complete. I guess the next round will require us to play 8 hours a day

The start and end dates for every event are always in the news article that comes out before the event begins.  The game's news can be read either on the site or in port by clicking on your username in the upper left and clicking the news icon.  There is always a red "alert" symbol there with a number on it that indicates how many unread news articles you have.

I recommend at at least skimming them and looking for important information such as event requirements and dates.

If an event is important to me, such as it rewards a ship that I really want, I setup reminder alarms on my phone for the final date and some prior to that date.  If I don't get them done, I don't get them done, but at least that way it is not a surprise.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,171 posts
17,696 battles
58 minutes ago, Aviri said:

yeap, didn't even bother with gathering 3m credits on every nation crap, the rest were pretty OK, but I don't have that kind of time on my hands so...

Took me 12 hours to do.

Would have been half that if I hadn't been playing coop....

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,986 posts
16,557 battles
1 hour ago, Lexington_MuseumO1 said:

And I'm OK with it didn't have time, even that was a free ship it was not a must have,  if I really want it I'm sure I can buy it later

Siroco? You're not missing anything at all, it's the worst ship they've released this year, if not longer.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,127 posts
1 hour ago, mrdragonfell said:

Objectives are not meant to be completed by everyone, if they were then they wouldn't be a challenge for the serious gamer. I've completes a few of the objectives over the years but I've come short on more because I was too busy to game. This is just the way it is.

[TDRB]
Members
3,542 posts
10,833 battles
1 hour ago, mrdragonfell said:

I agree with you. I'm retired and it was a grind to finish the directives with all the free time I can give the game. It is too much.

[INTEL]
Members
1,591 posts
13,545 battles
2 hours ago, mrdragonfell said:

Here's a hint..

Operations with a decent division. A fair number of the objectives can be done in Ops. Camo and signal up to maximize your damage/xp/credit output and you can rip through a lot of things fast.

Co-Op for wins/kills/secondary hits/total ribbons/etc. Especially in a Division. Example: Whenever INTEL is doing missions that require just damage we div up with two players bringing Max HP ships like Montana, GK, and Kremlin. The third player farms the big HP bots.

You can simply spam randoms if you're a unicum but I see enough unicums in Co-op and operations to know many of them are using the same tactics to complete the directives.

• Cool 2

[TORCH]
Members
314 posts
10,672 battles

I once missed completing a mission before the time limit.  After that, I learned to always check the time limit on any mission that I was interested in completing.  Hasn't happened since.  I HAVE missed completing a good number of missions by not having the required ships.  That's mostly my fault...I just plain don't like playing BBs, DDs, or CVs, so don't spend any time learning to play them, or grinding lines/accumulating ships.

Members
2,378 posts
13,601 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

The start and end dates for every event are always in the news article that comes out before the event begins.  The game's news can be read either on the site or in port by clicking on your username in the upper left and clicking the news icon.  There is always a red "alert" symbol there when a number on it that indicates how many unread news articles you have.

I recommend at at least skimming them and looking for important information such as event requirements and dates.

It wouldn't hurt them to show the event end date in the mission page. They have more than enough real estate at the top to show the dates so that you don't have to go searching for it on the website. Just basic common sense but they don't do it. Perhaps they want us to lose track 

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
8 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It wouldn't hurt them to show the event end date in the mission page. They have more than enough real estate at the top to show the dates so that you don't have to go searching for it on the website. Just basic common sense but they don't do it. Perhaps they want us to lose track 

If only....:Smile_teethhappy:

It's not like they aren't already aware that people don't read the webpages....yet they still refuse to clearly document events in the game interface...:Smile_sceptic:

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
11,683 battles
1 hour ago, Ares1967 said:

Here's a hint..

Operations with a decent division. A fair number of the objectives can be done in Ops. Camo and signal up to maximize your damage/xp/credit output and you can rip through a lot of things fast.

Co-Op for wins/kills/secondary hits/total ribbons/etc. Especially in a Division. Example: Whenever INTEL is doing missions that require just damage we div up with two players bringing Max HP ships like Montana, GK, and Kremlin. The third player farms the big HP bots.

You can simply spam randoms if you're a unicum but I see enough unicums in Co-op and operations to know many of them are using the same tactics to complete the directives.

Same here. The credit grind, however, greatly favored players with high tier premium ships. I feel new players were at a definite disadvantage here, especially those that didn't even have ships from enough nations. With credit earning camo and signals, 3 million credits can be done in 2-3 games in Tier 9-10 premiums. I think it took me 4 games in a premium T8.

[RKLES]
Members
11,005 posts
12,551 battles
3 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Same here. The credit grind, however, greatly favored players with high tier premium ships. I feel new players were at a definite disadvantage here, especially those that didn't even have ships from enough nations. With credit earning camo and signals, 3 million credits can be done in 2-3 games in Tier 9-10 premiums. I think it took me 4 games in a premium T8.

In some games there are things meant for new players, while other things are meant for Veteran players. 

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,250 battles

@mrdragonfell the end date is clearly shown on the mission info on website and the news to read accessed from the port screen. Read it know it. 

Not a single cent you chose to spend alters that truth.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
2 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I didn't see any info that it was ending today.

I put this up over the weekend:

Unfortunately, it got pushed down to page 2 and beyond fairly quickly by people ranting about various things. I'm sorry you missed it.

The credit grind for a T5 ship with no steel or any other special goodies locked behind it was disproportionate IMO, and I had words to say about that:

This next phase has small chances of premium ship drops in its crates. The captain looks like such an over-the-top grind I'm not going to bother; I'm pretty sure he'll turn up in the Armory eventually.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

In some games there are things meant for new players, while other things are meant for Veteran players. 

While that may be true, this event was different. Anyone who saw the PEF event as a wake-up call to expand their fleet to all nations (to handle that cash grind if it ever happened again) still might not have had enough higher-tier ships to unlock much content. I've been in this game for nigh on two years with a hundred ships, every existing line filled out at least to Tier 6 and many to Tier 7, but even with two early unlocks and the Siroco, I was nowhere near having enough tokens to play Mogador Roulette even if I'd wanted to. That was a shock, and quite unprecedented.

[INTEL]
Members
2,571 posts
13,417 battles
9 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

How would you suggest this be different?  Their objective is to have players spend a significant time in the game so they set various hurdles up that require extended game play .  If the requirements were lowered it would be very easy for veteran players to grab the prize early and be done.  And I think the credit grind promotes their objective of getting people a cache of credit that they will spend on moving up tiers.  As it is, there were rewards along the way.  It's not just the ship that people get in the end.

[INTEL]
Members
1,591 posts
13,545 battles
12 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Agreed. I have plenty of Premiums and have no problem making credits but even I don't really enjoy the credit grinds. Some lines I just don't like, others I play so much its never an issue. I hoard credit bonus signals and camo just to make the lines I don't like go away faster.

• Cool 2