Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Why does the MM hate my Kitakaze?

13 comments in this topic

Members
620 posts
2,193 battles

This ship is cursed, I like it, no actual complaints about its abilities but the match maker just throws the most inept, clueless* teams with it while the enemy team is borderline Godlike in their coordination and teamwork. I almost quit the last game 5m in, tier 10 match and we've lost over half our side to stupidity without taking a single enemy ship down...  Its getting to the stage where I expect to lose, going into games with a negative attitude is not helping but its just frustrating, doing 140k damage, sinking 4 ships and the team still falls on its face..

Just for the record, Kitakaze, 31% Win Rate, its similar Tier 8 brother, the Akizuki, I had a 64% WR...  Feels like the match maker is giving me some brutal payback for having a good run in Tier 8..

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,052 posts
12,551 battles
1 hour ago, Capn_Nugget said:

The weekend is ending, notice any difference during the week?

Yeah I can vouch for World or Warships and World of Tanks being totally different on Weekends, Holidays, And any time the school’s are not in session. Although oddly enough Sunday has often been the worst luck. And on top of that some vehicles in Wargaming games that perform very well for you could have absolutely cursed luck as far as Win Ratio. I run into those problems quite a bit with the regular Tiger I tank despite my doing well in it each battle, often even exceeding performance of some of its rivals, it still loses far too much.

Kitakaze probably is in the same boat as Tiger I where it’s powerful, has infamous reputation for being a threat, so both MM and players try to take it out all too often. Plus you have the fact Kitakaze is in that weird in between zone between Ddestroyer and Light Cruiser So MM balancing it out can get rather odd as well. That is the other wacky thing that can happen is if you are using Wargaming game vehicle that is like a hybrid / in between class, since some times it can work well or back fire spectacularly.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,794 posts
10,648 battles
3 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

I almost quit the last game 5m in, tier 10 match and we've lost over half our side to stupidity without taking a single enemy ship down... 

I was head-desking for most of yesterday, for much the same reason. The bright side was that I had fixed goals that were easily achieved, win or lose. The really sad part was that I was getting a run of top-tier battles in T9 ships (Musashi, Jean Bart), and our team just p***ed it all down the drain by its dispositions in the first five minutes. (Too many teams on Shards neglect one of the two end caps completely and end up getting surprised, outflanked and rolled up in short order).

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,556 posts
18,079 battles
3 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

During the Summer?

Members
620 posts
2,193 battles
5 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

'They' are always on my team.. 

Even a earlier game when over half my team were in division compared to just 2 boats on the enemy side we still lost.. 

Still unsure why my win rate is so abysmal though, I don't play much on weekends. 

Members
1,994 posts
7,021 battles

First, the ship specifications don't change much (except when you upgrade things in the "Modules", and the options there are limited).

Second, the ship does what the player tells it to do, to the best of the ship's ability.

Third, discern the difference between you and your ship performing well versus having a good game or a bad game.
Because you can play well and still lose.  Or, have a bad game and still be a part of a victory.  Or you can play well and your team plays well and all emerge victorious.  Or, the other team can play better and your team may lose in a close match.  Or...whatever.
The point is to not let your self esteem depend upon the victory/defeat of one or more matches.  

Study your ship.  Study the tactics that apply to that type of ship.  Study the maps and do the homework to learn what works.

Level up.  :-)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[TDRB]
Members
3,611 posts
11,038 battles

This ship is cursed, I like it, no actual complaints about its abilities but the match maker just throws the most inept, clueless* teams with it while the enemy team is borderline Godlike in their coordination and teamwork.

They call it Random for a reason, it is random, your team maybe good  or terrible. Good players make mistakes and sometimes do not pair well with other good players creating blowouts.

With that said, I ran 3 consecutive coops in my Benham and each time the first ships I contact were a Salem & Worcester.  MM was hating me as I was the only DD. 

[KAPPA]
Members
2,477 posts
7,235 battles

It's this that makes me play T8 more than T10. At T8 I can give my team a leg up by being a competent bottom. At T10, I just feel kinda like I can never do well enough.

Members
50 posts
9,535 battles

I have the same kind of luck in my Atlanta....really bad teams most of the time despite loving to play this ship. For me this ship is most successful when backing smart aggressive teams..but i'll draw lame defensive or lemmings more often than not..

As far the Kiti is concerned...once i finished upgrading and started playing ranked...I kick [edited]in this thing...it's becoming my favorite ship...

Maybe u should try more ranked games....thats probably  where the better players are playing these days

Sign in to follow this