You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Four shells - Four Cits

8 comments in this topic

Members
3,975 posts
4,267 battles

Something like that happened for me in ranked. With just the front two turrets the enemy Iowa was pretty mad that I chunked like 50%+ of his health with one Izumo salvo. 6 shells to 4 though, so eh. 

[RKLES]
Members
11,005 posts
12,551 battles

Very nice, not sure if I have the record of it saved, but I did the quad citadel trick at least once before using Duke of York where I fired my rear turret, all 4 shells hit the target, and all 4 were Citadels ending in a Devastating Strike. Feels so amazing when you make that kind of lucky shot. But DOY is a nice ship, and the fact the rear gun turret is a quadruple gun mount like helped me cheat the odds of making such a shot thanks to 4 guns in a turret in theory increasing the odds of closely ground salvo of shells. :Smile_smile:

[PVE]
Members
3,966 posts
22,280 battles
6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Quite possibly the best two turret (four shell) salvo I've every fired. 

shot-19_08.09_23_59.41-0015.thumb.jpg.a8bb5b56374d7e6be741085e94d98905.jpg

Nice...in a T7 against the T9...love it when a plan comes together :-)

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
489 posts
4,182 battles

Nice!

I always like it when RNG plays nice and gives you a good salvo. I've never gotten 4 cits though, 3 is my personal best. It was during a clan battle, I was in Alabama. Fired at a full health broadside Edinburgh and out of 9 shells, 7 landed for 4 pens and 3 cits, and  Dev Strike.

[CNO]
Members
5,234 posts
16,433 battles
4 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

I always like it when RNG plays nice and gives you a good salvo. 

I was mentally processing two threats, both from the Neptune.  I had spotted him just before he smoked, and he was now undetected.  I was frantically turning away to avoid his torps (which I had not seen yet, but as I also play Neptune, I KNOW they're on the way).  As I turned to put myself in position to rear comb his torps, I had to give him my broadside. A Neptune can't do much to an angled Hood, but can punish one broadside...and he was making good use of what I gave him on the turn.  All the while he was smoked up, so I was all defense getting pummeled without many options.  Just get angled to stop the AP bleed and be ready to comb the torps.  

I guess one of my friendly DDs must have made it inside his detect ring while firing in smoke, and he was suddenly visible.  I was able to pull off an aimed shot, but it was while I was still hard over to achieve my escape vector.  As a Neptune driver, I know it has a high glass citadel, so I was aiming for it.  And RNG gave me a great grouping to the aim point.  I expected to hurt him, but not get the DS.

His torps appeared after the delete, and I was able to avoid them.  

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,589 posts
5,083 battles

Pretty incredible really considering the overpen freak that Hood has become since her recent "Buff".