You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shenanigans_Abound

MM just doesnt care anymore

32 comments in this topic

[90THB]
Members
534 posts
7,089 battles

This is what people are complaning about when they say MM needs to be fixed. 3 tier 9 BB vs all tier 7 cruisers... musashi clipped me twice for the kill.. #BROKENMM2039455640_Screenshot(7)_LI.thumb.jpg.50a84b9c7ae486ccf6f338871cd26bb8.jpg

• Boring 2

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,814 posts
4,866 battles

Seem normal to me

• Cool 1

Members
3,009 posts
10,966 battles

“Do not engage an enemy more powerful than you. And if it is unavoidable and you do have to engage, then make sure you engage it on your terms, not on your enemy’s terms.” – Sun Tzu

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,648 posts
13,013 battles

Let's see, six tier 7's, two tier 8's, and 4 tier 9's. That is not a bad MM at all. Now make it two tier 7's, four tier8's, and six tier 9's and I will get in line with you. The problem isn't being up tiered it is the number of top tier to bottom tier and the top tiers should always be outnumbered by the bottom tier.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,113 posts
18,457 battles

Looks okay to me but I would agree with @BrushWolf

[ICBM]
Members
660 posts
15,305 battles

MM is not a person...

It doesn't care...

Get over it...

Why be emotional in response to that of which has no emotion...

Edited by swifttex1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,519 posts
11 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

MM is not a person...

It doesn't care...

Get over it...

Why be emotional in response to that of which has no emotion...

It is a computer program.

Programs are written by people.

People decide what the programs will do.  We assume it's a dumb program, blindly shoving folks into matches...  The assumption may be wrong.

I see an underlying psychological manipulation, and RNG and MM can be directed by controlled manipulation.

I see our actions being monitored and our habits cataloged into personality types - to be exploited into these categories:

1)  Play longer -- fill the numbers of on-line connections.

2) Purchase Items -- Pay to win..  but not always..  Need to keep feeding the kitty.

3) Promote the game to others

Different things make different people happy.  Folks like me need a challenge to tackle, or a mystery to solve.

Winning all the time doesn't bring happiness..  working for it does.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,648 posts
13,013 battles
3 minutes ago, centarina said:

It's not the MM.  I hate Indy.  I hate it worse than Pensacola at T7 lol

The only "problem" I have with the Pensacola at tier 7 is the glacially slow turret turn even with EM which is punishing to a ship that relies on bob and weave to stay alive while still causing damage.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,559 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The only "problem" I have with the Pensacola at tier 7 is the glacially slow turret turn even with EM which is punishing to a ship that relies on bob and weave to stay alive while still causing damage.

And it was seen from the moon lol. Well outside the range of it's gun.  For turret, em and the turret  mod combined was usable even with 10% penalty to rof.  The good ole days

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,648 posts
13,013 battles
1 minute ago, centarina said:

And it was seen from the moon lol. Well outside the range of it's gun.  For turret, em and the turret  mod combined was usable even with 10% penalty to rof.  The good ole days

That was the tier 6 Pensacola and it was fixed.

[WORX]
Members
7,304 posts
16,501 battles
1 hour ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

This is what people are complaning about when they say MM needs to be fixed. 3 tier 9 BB vs all tier 7 cruisers... musashi clipped me twice for the kill..

If I was in the BB... THAT is a dream MM...

Problem is not MM, its ships not being able to counter an OP ship class. Heck light cruisers cant angle BB shells anymore...

As far as being a MM issue.... Nope, its not.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,516 posts
13,780 battles

May I point out something from the ss

Assuming it taken right after you die, hence it show only you dead and the rest of the team/enemy still glow ...... meaning that you got focus fire down quickly. The fact that in your post stated the MU shot you twice added further into the profile ......

1 - you are not skills to play, you got detected/spot early when the game start it

1 a - why don't you try to fight whoever spotting you first

1b - take immediate action because you know the enemy stalking you

2 - since the MU shot you with it first salvo, why don't you retreat/go dark/ use cover/ask for smoke or dance like crazy? You didn't do it until the second salvo from the MU again, between time of the reload of let say 30 secs for the MU to reload

3 - you are not skills in mini map awareness and situational awareness, these skills are training from low tier to high tier

Don't blame on the MM.

Or can you provide us the replay, WG had it turn on automatically, and it will be in your replays folder. The community will point your mistake and help you improve

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,648 posts
13,013 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If I was in the BB... THAT is a dream MM...

Problem is not MM, its ships not being able to counter an OP ship class. Heck light cruisers cant angle BB shells anymore...

As far as being a MM issue.... Nope, its not.

It is a dream and it is a nighmare because I know that if I make the mistake of getting in range of all those cruisers that I will die a fiery death.

[WORX]
Members
7,304 posts
16,501 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

t is a dream and it is a nighmare because I know that if I make the mistake of getting in range of all those cruisers that I will die a fiery death.

^^^ This is not MM fault though Wolfy...

WG is bend on favoring ship class and favoring an ordnance... This is the theme for the game in 2019...

Until WG adapts some regulations... The noted above will be unsustainable

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,648 posts
13,013 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^ This is not MM fault though Wolfy...

WG is bend on favoring ship class and favoring an ordnance... This is the theme for the game in 2019...

Until WG adapts some regulations... The noted above will be unsustainable

I think you missed the point I was making. Those top tier ships have to worry about the mob of lower tier ships where if the balance is reversed is something they can mostly ignore.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
8,947 posts
7,885 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

It's not the MM.  I hate Indy.  I hate it worse than Pensacola at T7 lol

It‘s a thing with USN cruisers in general that is really bad, you can‘t properly angle against overmatching shells because of the odd citadel shape and huge meaty hull. It‘s easier to avoid this kind of damage in the glass cannon that Shchors is.

[90THB]
Members
534 posts
7,089 battles
45 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

May I point out something from the ss

Assuming it taken right after you die, hence it show only you dead and the rest of the team/enemy still glow ...... meaning that you got focus fire down quickly. The fact that in your post stated the MU shot you twice added further into the profile ......

1 - you are not skills to play, you got detected/spot early when the game start it

1 a - why don't you try to fight whoever spotting you first

1b - take immediate action because you know the enemy stalking you

2 - since the MU shot you with it first salvo, why don't you retreat/go dark/ use cover/ask for smoke or dance like crazy? You didn't do it until the second salvo from the MU again, between time of the reload of let say 30 secs for the MU to reload

3 - you are not skills in mini map awareness and situational awareness, these skills are training from low tier to high tier

Don't blame on the MM.

Or can you provide us the replay, WG had it turn on automatically, and it will be in your replays folder. The community will point your mistake and help you improve

My mistake was using my radar to spot the dd and in turn firing at him which lit me up on the map which In turn allowed the musashi to spot and fire on me. Essentially, for trying to do the right thing and help the team got me killed. I know what I did wrong. 

[SALVO]
Members
23,458 posts
24,073 battles
7 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Shenanigans_Abound There is nothing to be fixed

Actually, there is supposed to be a tweak to MM in the upcoming update.  It just won't address this.

7 hours ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

This is what people are complaining about when they say MM needs to be fixed. 3 tier 9 BB vs all tier 7 cruisers... Musashi clipped me twice for the kill.. #BROKENMM

It doesn't matter whether the cruisers were all tier 7 or if there'd been 1 t9, 1 t8, and 1 t7.  If you were the one in the tier 7, you'd still be complaining that you got blapped by the Musashi.  Heck, frankly, it wouldn't have mattered much what tier cruiser you'd have been in.  If you get hit by a Musashi, you're still likely to get blapped by it.  It's not like tier 9 cruisers have some magic force field that makes them magically less vulnerable to the BBs they might face.

[PVE]
Members
3,974 posts
22,322 battles

1st off the title...MM doesn't care any less either...

(quoted out of order...phone won't let me deleted whole quote...only the content)

7 hours ago, swifttex1 said:

MM is not a person...

It doesn't care...

^^^This...it doesn't care at all...either more or less.

Seeing as this is on the same subject let's just call this 1st part 2...

6 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

It is a computer program.

Programs are written by people.

6 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

People decide what the programs will do.  We assume it's a dumb program, blindly shoving folks into matches...  The assumption may be wrong.

Yes...that assumption is wrong...the program is not dumb...as dumb assumes a low level of intelligence whereas the program has zero intelligence...it is an inanimate object w/no thought either dumb/smart.

OP didn't clarify the devs (the actual people you are referring to there). He could have but he placed the blame on the inanimate.

2nd

This is what people are complaning about when they say MM needs to be fixed. 3 tier 9 BB vs all tier 7 cruisers... musashi clipped me twice for the kill.. #BROKENMM2039455640_Screenshot(7)_LI.thumb.jpg.50a84b9c7ae486ccf6f338871cd26bb8.jpg

Red teams cruisers have the same dilemma...not broken...balanced.

7 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The problem isn't being up tiered it is the number of top tier to bottom tier and the top tiers should always be outnumbered by the bottom tier

Even that is not broken/unbalanced...as long as the red team has the same # of same tier ships to deal with.

Besides..if there was only 1 T9 BB (Musashi) & all the rest of the BBs were T7 & all of the rest of both teams cruisers were T9 the results would have been the same...out of position in 1 T7 cruiser against just 1 Musashi = back to port...nothing MM can be blamed for here.

(Ninja'd by @Crucis there).

3rd...

5 hours ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

My mistake was using my radar to spot the dd and in turn firing at him which lit me up on the map which In turn allowed the musashi to spot and fire on me. Essentially, for trying to do the right thing and help the team got me killed. I know what I did wrong. 

That accounted for the 1st clip...as far as the Musashi getting the 2nd clip...

6 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

...since the MU shot you with it first salvo, why don't you retreat/go dark/ use cover/ask for smoke or dance like crazy? You didn't do it until the second salvo from the MU again, between time of the reload of let say 30 secs for the MU to reload

(His grammar can use some work but the gist...& especially the 30 second reload comment brings up the question)...

After the 1st clip did you even try to avoid the next round from the Musashi or did you get target locked on the DD?...maybe so your radar charge didn't go to waste (unfortunately I've done that in the past & the results are always the same...even if you sink the DD & that radar doest go to waste...all of your other radar charges...as well as the rest of your ship...does go to waste).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SALVO]
Members
23,458 posts
24,073 battles
7 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This can be true for some DDs as well.  Sometimes, if you're bobbing and weaving, you just have to fight with the guns that are on target at any given moment, if any.

8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Let's see, six tier 7's, two tier 8's, and 4 tier 9's. That is not a bad MM at all. Now make it two tier 7's, four tier8's, and six tier 9's and I will get in line with you. The problem isn't being up tiered it is the number of top tier to bottom tier and the top tiers should always be outnumbered by the bottom tier.

I agree, this battle had a pretty decent mix of tiers.  As for the mix of ship types by tier, yes, it did seem a bit overloaded with top tier BBs vs bottom tier cruisers, but that was true for both teams.  

The reality is that unless you're either in a tier 9 cruiser mounting the range enhancement module or one of the tier 7 or 8 cruisers that already have fairly good range, you have to be very careful with your positioning as well as not making yourself the first or primary target, if possible.  It's often best to hope that either your DDs or your BBs with be the first to start shooting, or perhaps one of those cruisers with long range guns.  When you're in a cruiser that's bound to be close-ish to the enemy, it's best to allow the engagement to get started and hope that the enemy has gotten focused on one of your team mates and doesn't notice your poor little cruiser that's much closer.  Also, it's a good thing if you can position yourself in a way to use terrain to limit the number of enemies that have a line of sight/fire on you when you're a shorter ranged cruiser.  Too often, I see people in fairly squishy, short ranged CLs open water gunboating when they're near perfectly good terrain that they could use to their advantage.

[INTEL]
Members
2,575 posts
13,467 battles
9 hours ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

It's not MM.  The Alabama and even Nagato could have put the hurt on an Indianapolis.

[TGO]
Members
54 posts
5,568 battles

Out of 28 games in the past 30 days (i don't get to play much) I have been in matches where one side was clearly overmatched 11 times.  5 of those were wins, 6 were losses. ( I keep stats on all my matches in a Database). In those losses, I played well above my team's XP average all but twice.  Nobody likes getting saddled with a tater team, but it's going to happen.  It's part of the game.  Just buy another keyboard and go on to the next match.