You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Remove all flags mod made WG a little money

10 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,880 posts
9,557 battles

They need to bring back the 100ct Equal speed, and Papa Papa flag choices in the Premium shop.  I think they were 3.99 each? Not a bad deal actually. Your free xp accrues at a nice pace running just those two combined with premium. I don't really like the 37$ bundle in the store because it wastes  money on India bravo and Zulu hotel, we have tons of those....

Anyway, I bought some doubloons, 1200ish? Then I started from my first lowest tier ship and bought an Zulu/Equal speed/Papa papa on each ship upwards till I ran out of doubloons. Why does there need to be a secondary dialog box pop up when you buy the signal? The first one should be enough. Luckily, you can hit enter to close that dialog box. Normally I don't do this because de-mounting them all takes forever. Not with the mod, I actually got a little sea sick because I was able to demount the flags on each ship super fast.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,814 posts
4,866 battles

They should add it to the armory for doubloons

[HELLS]
Members
2,396 posts
23,516 battles

Why use doubloons in the game? You can get every regular signal flag out there in the armory in batches of 20 for coal if you have enough of it. I have not paid cash or doubloons for a flag since they started giving them away for coal and in daily mission rewards. I'll play Co-op untill the cows come home to build up my signals inventory when I run short. I have a small 2,300 doubloon reserve for respecing captains, but I have not bought any for months. The doubloons I have were all won in the game. Got better things to do with my cash. Retirement and small gaming budgets go together. I have a premium account but when that runs out (unless they half-price it like they have done a couple of times), I am going back to a regular account. WG has taken enough of my cash, and now I am awaiting real value for my money before I spend.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,880 posts
9,557 battles
2 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Why use doubloons in the game? You can get every regular signal flag out there in the armory in batches of 20 for coal if you have enough of it. I have not paid cash or doubloons for a flag since they started giving them away for coal and in daily mission rewards. I'll play Co-op untill the cows come home to build up my signals inventory when I run short. I have a small 2,300 doubloon reserve for respecing captains, but I have not bought any for months. The doubloons I have were all won in the game. Got better things to do with my cash. Retirement and small gaming budgets go together. I have a premium account but when that runs out (unless they half-price it like they have done a couple of times), I am going back to a regular account. WG has taken enough of my cash, and now I am awaiting real value for my money before I spend.

i wouldn't have been able to pay 240,000 coal for yoshino the other day if i used coal for signals

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,518 posts
18 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

i wouldn't have been able to pay 240,000 coal for yoshino the other day if i used coal for signals

Learning Fiscal Responsibility is one of the unfortunate side-effects of War Gaming's monetary system.

It is sharply cutting into their profits to teach discipline in spending.  They need to knock it off.

• Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,340 posts
7,178 battles
43 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Learning Fiscal Responsibility is one of the unfortunate side-effects of War Gaming's monetary system.

It is sharply cutting into their profits to teach discipline in spending.  They need to knock it off.

Right? It's because of this that the only coupons other than ship coupons I tend to ever use are the 75% off signal coupons for some ramming flags (as I'm super cheap but love ramming signals, and even then I still feel I shouldn't buy them) and the rare upgrade coupon. Allowed me to get Salem, Musashi when she was about to exit, Georgia the day she came out, and finally Jean Bart less than a week ago. If I didn't buy a handful of upgrades over the inception of coal, I'd probably be closing in on Yoshina, too, as I have 20k left and another 10k not far off!

It's crazy that pinching your coal can get you diamonds if you do it long enough!

Okay, yeah, that last line was cheesy. Point stands, though! XD

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,880 posts
9,557 battles
9 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Right? It's because of this that the only coupons other than ship coupons I tend to ever use are the 75% off signal coupons for some ramming flags (as I'm super cheap but love ramming signals, and even then I still feel I shouldn't buy them) and the rare upgrade coupon. Allowed me to get Salem, Musashi when she was about to exit, Georgia the day she came out, and finally Jean Bart less than a week ago. If I didn't buy a handful of upgrades over the inception of coal, I'd probably be closing in on Yoshina, too, as I have 20k left and another 10k not far off!

It's crazy that pinching your coal can get you diamonds if you do it long enough!

Okay, yeah, that last line was cheesy. Point stands, though! XD

yoshino is easily the most fun ship in the game in my opinion... the 30mm midsection and the torps, yum

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,340 posts
7,178 battles
1 minute ago, HorrorRoach said:

yoshino is easily the most fun ship in the game in my opinion... the 30mm midsection and the torps, yum

Yyyep. Choosing between her and Jean Bart was hard, but I ended up breaking it down to which one I actually need more, and thus will play more. I have zero high tier french ships, and they keep doing these stupid nation-specific grinds after all. Yoshina is a ship I want... but Jean Bart is a ship is needed.

Thus far, Jean Bart has served me... hilariously well. I'm averaging 123k damage in her in the 4 matches I've played, and I got 2m credits in a single game in her! XD Sure, it was signal city, but still! I don't think even Mo has broken 2m for me... Although, I did get Mo back when I sucked at BBs, so there's that.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,679 posts
10,504 battles
9 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Yoshina is a ship I want... but Jean Bart is a ship is needed.

I felt the same way about Salem vs. Jean Bart and then Jean Bart vs. Georgia. In both cases, at the time I was considering purchase, the first-mentioned ship met my needs and the second met my wants. 

I have more than enough coal to get the Georgia right now, but I'm sitting on it until I have a better idea of what's happening with Siegfried, Smolensk and Hayate.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[HELLS]
Members
2,396 posts
23,516 battles
12 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

I have 430,000 coal and the current T9/T10 coal ships are all paper fakes, so I am keeping it until a real ship, preferably a mid-tier real ship, comes up that makes sense to get. Last coal ship I got was Jean Bart, a real one that actually floated and fought. Salem has no interest as it is Des Moines with a different flavor, and I already have Des Moines. I keep my ship coupons as well, for the same reason. Signal coupons get used to reduce the coal cost. Works OK for me.