You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Am I Compromising my team?

10 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles

I’ve been running kron for ranked mostly and having marginal success with it. I have a musashi I’m not terrible in overall- I like bringing Radar to the fray... 

But in broad strokes would I be able to contribute more in the mush? 

Cruisers- line in every ranked season before- have limited influence unless driven by an expert which I am not. I can bop everyone on the nose in mush and maybe that’s the wiser play?

For those of you playing cruisers in ranked what’s your angle? 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,936 posts
9,841 battles
5 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

I’ve been running kron for ranked mostly and having marginal success with it. I have a musashi I’m not terrible in overall- I like bringing Radar to the fray... 

Cruisers- line in every ranked season before- have limited influence unless driven by an expert which I am not. I can bop everyone on the nose in mush and maybe that’s the wiser play?

This is a DD season, bring a dd if you can.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,099 posts
15,399 battles

While only playing to r10, my best bote was sovietski soyuz.  Ability to tank 3 mil (my avg over 4 match) per match seemed to help win at least for me.  Have not used musashi as I don't like slow turret.  

Edited by centarina

Beta Testers
674 posts
12,308 battles

From my small experience this season, got to rank 10 and stopped as usual, cruisers are having a very hard time of it. Lots of DD's and BB's. I used the Georgia and the Black with good success.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,897 posts
3,940 battles

I havent touched my Mushy this season (mostly because its not great at anti-DD). Been all Georgia and a Kuznetzov helmed Soyuz

[KAPPA]
Members
2,261 posts
7,147 battles

Yugumo built for gunnery is my choice thus far. Well, and one battle in Musashi. Barely touched ranked so far, however, but I don't think I've lost a match this season, either.

In the end, play what you're good at. If the meta were to play nothing but, say... Mo, but you suck at Mo like I do, would it be reasonable to play her? Is an off-meta pick you are good at a bad idea? Follow your heart and pick what you're best at. Keep in mind it's 6v6, though. This means that it's easier to play more vulnerable ships, not to mention radar intrinsically having less support value.

It's a bit of the problem I have in random. I want to get Zao, but people always say you can't win matches in a firestarter.

I'd just say they need to start the right fires. That paranoia of ineffectiveness keeps me from doing it for now, but some day I just might make the plunge and finish that grind. There are few cruisers I truly like up top, but I adore accuracy. And, well... Zao is Zao.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,368 posts
12,931 battles

How good are you with that ship? If you can make it perform in the ranked environment keep playing it. If you can't get out or play something else.

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles

Great points. On the plus side with kron I am getting better at employing it I just don’t like doing that at the expense of 5 other strangers’ enjoyment of the battle...

with that said I’ve had strangers do worse to me and I’m still here- 

thanks for the input guys!

[PRNA]
Members
493 posts
5,278 battles
14 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

Eeeeeh. I don’t think it’s the best pick, but I don’t think it’s as bad as for instance bringing an Ibuki or a Benham. It has radar. It has guns. It’s probably ok. If you ask whether getting a Kron on my side vs an American Cruiser means a better game, I’d probably give it to the American Cruiser. That said most of the issue I had was with Russian cruisers radaring at the wrong times. They would get spotted, radar, and pick up the DDs when I was still like 10km from the nearest one, which helps no one but that cruiser. They wouldn’t be as effective of a trap as say an Alaska who uses his radar to spot the DDs after both sides inked. 

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
19 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

Eeeeeh. I don’t think it’s the best pick, but I don’t think it’s as bad as for instance bringing an Ibuki or a Benham. It has radar. It has guns. It’s probably ok. If you ask whether getting a Kron on my side vs an American Cruiser means a better game, I’d probably give it to the American Cruiser. That said most of the issue I had was with Russian cruisers radaring at the wrong times. They would get spotted, radar, and pick up the DDs when I was still like 10km from the nearest one, which helps no one but that cruiser. They wouldn’t be as effective of a trap as say an Alaska who uses his radar to spot the DDs after both sides inked. 

Yeah a person needs to be really careful with radar since you're closing within visual detection (often) and quite vulnerable... You really need to determine how many people can shoot at your target between 20-24ish seconds since you only get 2 shots at it in Kron. Holding out for your last reload before lighting off the radar is also important if you have any view of the illuminated target... 

I've found I can compliment American cruisers / Missouri's in that I can light a target so they can see if they're in range or not... so I can get an initial spec and they can follow up with the longer lasting radar to finish the job. 

I did scramble to rank 10 which is my normal endgame in ranked- I haven't looked at my stats yet but I did have some good games in it- whether they'd have been better if I'd been in a BB or DD I guess we'll never know. 

I do appreciate all the input from all. I thought I'd be suffering a bit more around rank 12 but I ended up on some good teams and squeezed out my temporary victory rank 10 flag. 

I wish they'd just make them different colours so we could keep them- but that's another thread.