You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S842

IFHE changes

8 comments in this topic

[TIGHT]
Members
241 posts
19,973 battles

I read a few weeks ago that IFHE changes were being tested.  Does anyone have any information about this?  I have IFHE on most of my 150/152 mm gun cruisers, and if the changes make putting those four Commander points elsewhere advisable, I would hope that we are allowed to reset our Commander skills for free - like Wargaming did when they made substantial changes to AA.  Otherwise you would have invested four skill points in IFHE and then been double crossed, so to speak.

[SALVO]
Members
23,440 posts
24,062 battles
42 minutes ago, S842 said:

I read a few weeks ago that IFHE changes were being tested.  Does anyone have any information about this?  I have IFHE on most of my 150/152 mm gun cruisers, and if the changes make putting those four Commander points elsewhere advisable, I would hope that we are allowed to reset our Commander skills for free - like Wargaming did when they made substantial changes to AA.  Otherwise you would have invested four skill points in IFHE and then been double crossed, so to speak.

At the moment, I'm not going to worry myself overly much about the IFHE changes.  Once things get closer to release and we see what they're thinking, then I'll worry more about it (if there's anything TO worry about, of course).  I fully expect that there will be a full free captain respec when such changes get released, but we'll just have to wait and see.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,615 posts
13,012 battles

I wouldn't "worry" about them at all. From what I have seen they want to make IFHE a real decision for guns with base fire chance above 6 or 7% or so, do you want more damage or do you want fires. So for example currently the Cleveland take IFHE it will lose 1/3 of its 12% fire chance down to 8% but with DE they will be able to recover half of that loss bringing the fire chance back up to 10% a relatively small loss. With the proposed change taking IFHE is a 50% loss and DE will only recover most if not all of the lost fire chance for ships with a low fire chance to start, 4% to 6 or 7 percent.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,920 posts
7,584 battles

LWM or Femmenly (I forget which) posted here recently that they asked WG directly about the changes, and the response was that it was just an idea. They were spitballing. It is not in testing, may never make it into the game, and if it does it is way down the road. 

• Cool 2

[NGA]
Members
1,907 posts
10,096 battles
7 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

LWM or Femmenly (I forget which) posted here recently that they asked WG directly about the changes, and the response was that it was just an idea. They were spitballing. It is not in testing, may never make it into the game, and if it does it is way down the road. 

Well Fem is part of the outer staff so I'd expect news to be more likely to come from her. Especially since Mouse as been sick lately.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,169 posts
9,190 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I cornered them about this.  Bayard, the French tier 8 premium cruiser, has the "test" IFHE changes baked in and I thought it was an indicator that said changes were coming sooner rather than later.  This would make the difference between Bayard's penetration being powerful and remarkable to just being another 152mm armed cruiser.  They told me point blank it's still in testing, it may or may not see live depending on how those tests go.  It could end up a part of some bigger skill-tree rework.  It could end up being it's own individual solution.  It might not show up at all.  Only time will tell.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,883 posts
9,590 battles
20 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I cornered them about this.  Bayard, the French tier 8 premium cruiser, has the "test" IFHE changes baked in and I thought it was an indicator that said changes were coming sooner rather than later.  This would make the difference between Bayard's penetration being powerful and remarkable to just being another 152mm armed cruiser.  They told me point blank it's still in testing, it may or may not see live depending on how those tests go.  It could end up a part of some bigger skill-tree rework.  It could end up being it's own individual solution.  It might not show up at all.  Only time will tell.

i have this weird feeling it won't happen, and i'm glad. Even though i'd like the Azuma to get a 27mm midsection...LOL

So Yoshino gets a 30mm midsection... why doesn't Azuma get a 27mm midsection? jeaz. I don't think it'd be OP