HorrorRoach

I want Bayard, but had to buy Oculus Rift S

5 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,879 posts
9,553 battles

Slammed by concurrent expenses... Kid's birthday, 7th wedding anniversary, school fee's, DMV license plate renewal etc.

We got him the Oculus Rift S. Sucker came out to 500$ after tax and the replacement plan (he got 300$ from various family members luckily). BUT, that thing is awesome. I'd say it's worth a solid 300$. I can only imagine how badass WOWS would be with it. Long range gunnery would be awesome, hovering in the sky over the ship. It might make you seasick, how ironic!!! Actually it probably wouldn't since your view doesn't bob up and down while traveling laterally. Might take a little getting used to though. I'm tempted to try it as an ordinary monitor with WOWS, might not be any better then a monitor though. The long range detail on the Oculus is just good enough for it to be enjoyable. There's this game called beat Saver for VR where you have light sabre's and you chop blocks coming at you, insync with music playing... That was actually slightly addicting for some reason. My back would be shot playing that game for a couple hours, jeaz. It makes you dodge walls coming at you, ducking and stuff like that.

EJ

[AFK-2]
Members
47 posts
669 battles

I don’t think a human player can be a ship even in a virtual game. Ships are just too slow compared to humans for it to be even close to possible to implement VR in WOWS. The only way I could come close to seeing VR in WOWS is if you can play as a person on the bridge of the ship you are playing, or as a free roam camera. Neither of which you can do/be 100% of the time in WOWS. They’d have to completely or almost completely change the game play mechanics for VR to be implemented, and tbh, the game is fine as it is currently. I see absolutely no reads on why VR should be considered, let alone implemented. If you want VR warships, you might want to try a different game. I’m sure that there are plenty of games on steam you could look at that’d have what you want, but this one is a DEFINITE no.  

[BS]
Members
1,879 posts
9,553 battles
6 hours ago, 313_iron said:

I don’t think a human player can be a ship even in a virtual game. Ships are just too slow compared to humans for it to be even close to possible to implement VR in WOWS. The only way I could come close to seeing VR in WOWS is if you can play as a person on the bridge of the ship you are playing, or as a free roam camera. Neither of which you can do/be 100% of the time in WOWS. They’d have to completely or almost completely change the game play mechanics for VR to be implemented, and tbh, the game is fine as it is currently. I see absolutely no reads on why VR should be considered, let alone implemented. If you want VR warships, you might want to try a different game. I’m sure that there are plenty of games on steam you could look at that’d have what you want, but this one is a DEFINITE no.  

VR would work fine with the camera's in the game, hovering above the ship and also binocular aiming mode. All it will do is add depth to your sight, binocular vision. Headtracking doesn't need to be involved. The only problem i can think of is that it'll make the ships look more toy modelesque because of the shrunken scale.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,094 posts

Check out No Man's Sky most recent release Beyond. It's a tad buggy yet but folks are pretty much ecstatic about the game being able to go full VR. 

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
360 posts
12,614 battles

I have Vive. I tried playing WoWs in a virtual desktop. Looking at ships in port was amazing. Playing the game on the other hand I found difficult. I still have to glance down at my KB from time to time. With a big bulky headset on that was impossible. Maybe if I played with it more, just the scaling threw off my aiming and driving. It just felt way more bulky and complicated. But... I really wish I could play WoWs in VR. And having said that. There is a plane game by (*cough) that is purely amaze balls in VR.  And VRCat is every weebs dream if you like that sort of thing.