You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
franz_von_goltz

Noob CV Player Comments

28 comments in this topic

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles

I started to play this game beginning of 2019, first played BBs, then CLs and after DDs... I really started to like the game with DDs but really loved playing CVs and decided to focus on CVs.

I have no idea how was the previous RTS.

I am sharing what I understand of CVs and what could be improved,

1. Lots of players complain CVs are overpowered, it seems to me at the moment, the rocket/torpedoes/bombs are not that overpowered at all... Try simply to destroy a full health BB with torpedoes, almost impossible. It's possible eventually to destroy a DD with rockets provided the DD, but it's quite unusual. In fact, CVs can't destroy any ship at the moment with the help of team mates. That's fine, because that is probably the best role for CVs, 1. Against DDs, drop fighters on top, fly around, and team will do the job. 2. BBs and CLs, torpedo will push them to change course, some damage can be done and finally the planes can terminate a low health BB or CL. It seems to me CVs are now "well powered", no need to change.
2. AA is the issue, some ships became "immune", ex CLs Des Moines, Minotaur, DDs Kidd, Grozovoi, etc... It's almost impossible to attack them. They obliterate my squadrons in a couple of seconds. I understand that 8.7 will nerf those ones and buff some others like Japanese DDs with ridiculous AA. Sector management will also add some "human factor", so attacked players have at least to do something... I found however normal that attacking a group of ships, planes have little chance. It's the same with DDs, once the focus of many ships, they die.
3. Please fix auto pilot, that is just a mess to manage.
4. Another thing, the islands... Planes can do "stealth attacks" using the islands, particularly bombers. But I see bursts even when I do not see the ship... Please fix that. Often, I see players hiding behind a rock pounding the team, and no one except the CV can do anything with that... Don't think that is good for the game, it should be more fluid and ships should sail, not hide behind islands. Same for DDs waiting for some ship to pass by and torp it...
5. Tier gap, seems will be fixed too... Depending on the TX mix (if mostly US orr Soviet ships with overpowered AA), a TVIII CV can't play. Seems it's going to be fixed.
6. Deplaning... Implacable "deplanes" more than Shokaku or Lexington. I recently bought Graf Zeppelin... The planes are weak so they are easily wiped out. But they are fast so send more planes to the combat area is easier... But GZ "deplanes" too fast. I have seen that some CVs will have some extra squadrons, but no GZ... It costs 50 euros, at this price, I think I can have planes on my CV.

People complaining about CVs... Having played the other ships, I can say games with CVs are more difficult to play for any class. The thing is that hiding behind rocks, or sneaking to the other side of the map becomes far more difficult. But is this an interesting game play? Not really... CVs are making the game more fluid and that is good. I think the players who are complaining are in fact the ones who use these tactics...

Games with 2 CVs are too "messy" however. 

If AA balance is fixed in 8.7, seems auto pilot will be fixed too, please fix then the islands so CVs can also play islands...

Subs are coming and they should even add more fluidity.

There is nothing more boring than a game with static ships.

7. "CV hate" -> One time, a friend ship fired to my CV and commented in the chat... "Sky Cancer". Couldn't believe it... It's just a game ! CV as well as DDs and probably SSs will always be a smaller community. There will be always games with/without CV/DD/SS, that make it fun, because each battle is different.

8. Stop whining about the programmers... They do a great job. Guess that 8.8 or 8.9, CVs will be fixed. Time then to start whining about subs... "Underwater Cancers".

• Cool 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
940 posts
8,182 battles

Honestly, I’d rather see subs than cvs. I know that this post is all your opinion. There are those that share your opinion and those that do not. I do not share your opinion when talking about fluidity if the game. I feel like a match goes a lot better when ships flank and do not have to be worried about getting spotted by aircraft that travel more than 4-5 times faster your ships speed. 

[AFK-2]
Members
47 posts
674 battles

Honestly, I think that CVs are a big issue when it comes to balance in WOWS. Especially when it comes to the fact that CVs have the possibility to completely wreck your ship without a chance for you to do anything about it. This is extreamely evident when your ship has less than average AA defense. I know it is stated that ships will do better against CVs if they stick together, maximizing their AA firepower, but that’s when you realize the normal player won’t be trying to stick with other players, and that’s the player who gets targeted and is unfairly blown up because they don’t have the ability to shoot down entire squadrons of aircraft before they get torped and bombed to death. CVs are unfair in one way or another no matter how much you try to “balance” them.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,379 posts
11,764 battles
9 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

I started to play this game beginning of 2019, first played BBs, then CLs and after DDs... I really started to like the game with DDs but really loved playing CVs and decided to focus on CVs.

1. Lots of players complain CVs are overpowered, it seems to me at the moment, the rocket/torpedoes/bombs are not that overpowered at all... Try simply to destroy a full health BB with torpedoes, almost impossible. It's possible eventually to destroy a DD with rockets provided the DD, but it's quite unusual. In fact, CVs can't destroy any ship at the moment with the help of team mates. That's fine, because that is probably the best role for CVs, 1. Against DDs, drop fighters on top, fly around, and team will do the job. 2. BBs and CLs, torpedo will push them to change course, some damage can be done and finally the planes can terminate a low health BB or CL. It seems to me CVs are now "well powered", no need to change.
2. AA is the issue, some ships became "immune", ex CLs Des Moines, Minotaur, DDs Kidd, Grozovoi, etc... It's almost impossible to attack them. They obliterate my squadrons in a couple of seconds. I understand that 8.7 will nerf those ones and buff some others like Japanese DDs with ridiculous AA. Sector management will also add some "human factor", so attacked players have at least to do something... I found however normal that attacking a group of ships, planes have little chance. It's the same with DDs, once the focus of many ships, they die.
4. Another thing, the islands... Planes can do "stealth attacks" using the islands, particularly bombers. But I see bursts even when I do not see the ship... Please fix that. Often, I see players hiding behind a rock pounding the team, and no one except the CV can do anything with that... Don't think that is good for the game, it should be more fluid and ships should sail, not hide behind islands. Same for DDs waiting for some ship to pass by and torp it...
5. Tier gap, seems will be fixed too... Depending on the TX mix (if mostly US orr Soviet ships with overpowered AA), a TVIII CV can't play. Seems it's going to be fixed.
6. Deplaning... Implacable "deplanes" more than Shokaku or Lexington. I recently bought Graf Zeppelin... The planes are weak so they are easily wiped out. But they are fast so send more planes to the combat area is easier... But GZ "deplanes" too fast. I have seen that some CVs will have some extra squadrons, but no GZ... It costs 50 euros, at this price, I think I can have planes on my CV.

People complaining about CVs... Having played the other ships, I can say games with CVs are more difficult to play for any class. The thing is that hiding behind rocks, or sneaking to the other side of the map becomes far more difficult. But is this an interesting game play? Not really... CVs are making the game more fluid and that is good. I think the players who are complaining are in fact the ones who use these tactics...

If AA balance is fixed in 8.7, seems auto pilot will be fixed too, please fix then the islands so CVs can also play islands...

7. "CV hate" -> One time, a friend ship fired to my CV and commented in the chat... "Sky Cancer". Couldn't believe it... It's just a game ! CV as well as DDs and probably SSs will always be a smaller community. There will be always games with/without CV/DD/SS, that make it fun, because each battle is different.

8. Stop whining about the programmers... They do a great job. Guess that 8.8 or 8.9, CVs will be fixed. Time then to start whining about subs... "Underwater Cancers".

Avoiding being deplaned in the Graf Zeppelin is a bit of an art, but it's not that bad. You have to pay attention to what's on the other side of the target and not over commit. Pick and choose what you'll attack carefully. You will frequently make a run, fly the planes out of the AA, possibly making a second drop as soon as you can on the way out just to waste the torps and evade flak bursts, just to recall your aircraft. That way you will still have aircraft for later. If you know it's gonna be ugly for your aircraft, pre-drop an attack wave into an island to stash some planes for later. Graf Zeppelin also needs a 14 or 15 point captain, which she won't share with any other German ship, to get the aircraft survivability and regen up to where she even functions.

As far as the developers doing a great job, early on, I'd have agreed, with the CV rework, it's a solid no. The above, needing a 14 or 15 point captain to make a premium ship even function is a perfect example of it. She's balanced for having that captain, not to work out of the box so that someone who just who just paid $60 or so has a good experience. It's more, pay $60, get punched in the face repeatedly until you either give up, or grind out the captain you need to make her function.

At least Enterprise can use a captain from your existing American CV line, and is less skill sensitive to begin with.

Members
1,902 posts
6,918 battles
34 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

I agree with most of what you've typed.

I do think that ships sitting behind an island is a tactic/option.
That said, I think it is totally fair for a CV fly planes around the islands to hit such "sitting ducks" or to spot those ships attempting some sort of ambush.

Being able to fly planes below the tops of islands is a needed game mechanic, to avoid getting planes hit by AA fire.
(A *real* flight simulator would provide greater control of the planes, eh?)

Spotting a ship and keeping it spotted to enable the team to focus fire on it is fair, as far as I am concerned.

I'm okay with games that have multiple CV's in them.
Two per team is fine.  One per team is fine.
A special "CV Festival mode" with every player using a CV?  Well, that might not be popular, but I'm willing to give it a try.  :-)

Thanks for the original post.  The issues you've highlighted have been going on for some time.  I started playing under the old RTS CV game mechanic.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
9 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Avoiding being deplaned in the Graf Zeppelin is a bit of an art, but it's not that bad. You have to pay attention to what's on the other side of the target and not over commit. Pick and choose what you'll attack carefully. You will frequently make a run, fly the planes out of the AA, possibly making a second drop as soon as you can on the way out just to waste the torps and evade flak bursts, just to recall your aircraft. That way you will still have aircraft for later. If you know it's gonna be ugly for your aircraft, pre-drop an attack wave into an island to stash some planes for later. Graf Zeppelin also needs a 14 or 15 point captain, which she won't share with any other German ship, to get the aircraft survivability and regen up to where she even functions.

As far as the developers doing a great job, early on, I'd have agreed, with the CV rework, it's a solid no. The above, needing a 14 or 15 point captain to make a premium ship even function is a perfect example of it. She's balanced for having that captain, not to work out of the box so that someone who just who just paid $60 or so has a good experience. It's more, pay $60, get punched in the face repeatedly until you either give up, or grind out the captain you need to make her function.

At least Enterprise can use a captain from your existing American CV line, and is less skill sensitive to begin with.

Thanks.
I'll grind my captain then.
The problem is that the planes are too weak vs TX AA.
Pick up is possible when not too much uptiered.
I like otherwise the GZ, particularly the bombers, kind of "super Stukas".

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,250 battles

@franz_von_goltz the pre rework RTS CVs were worth playing. CVs as they are now are not worth playing. They are a putrid heap of garbage.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,589 posts
5,083 battles

OK,  not going to lie...Came in for some Noob_CV comments and found some noob cv comments.  reading is fundamental.........

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
22 minutes ago, 313_iron said:

Honestly, I think that CVs are a big issue when it comes to balance in WOWS. Especially when it comes to the fact that CVs have the possibility to completely wreck your ship without a chance for you to do anything about it. This is extreamely evident when your ship has less than average AA defense. I know it is stated that ships will do better against CVs if they stick together, maximizing their AA firepower, but that’s when you realize the normal player won’t be trying to stick with other players, and that’s the player who gets targeted and is unfairly blown up because they don’t have the ability to shoot down entire squadrons of aircraft before they get torped and bombed to death. CVs are unfair in one way or another no matter how much you try to “balance” them.

Well... Try bomb and torp to death a ship now... Unless you are a top of the top skilled player and your CV is pretty close to the target, that's impossible.
Clear however that a low concealment ship stands no chance if panes fly over and team fires on that ship. That is team playing... The low concealment ship has to always look the minimap and check where are the planes.

[AFK-2]
Members
47 posts
674 battles
Just now, franz_von_goltz said:

Well... Try bomb and torp to death a ship now... Unless you are a top of the top skilled player and your CV is pretty close to the target, that's impossible.
Clear however that a low concealment ship stands no chance if panes fly over and team fires on that ship. That is team playing... The low concealment ship has to always look the minimap and check where are the planes.

It’s still possible even if the CVs have been “balanced”. I say that because though CVs can’t launch as many torps and bombs not as they could, they still are able to use more than one squadron of bombers of various sorts, so yeah even a less than adequate player in a CV could bomb and toro and rocket a ship to death. Without being close to the target. I’ve seen it in replay vids, and random compilation vids. It’s pretty evident that the CVs can be very imbalanced, even without a highly skilled player. And unless you are a player who has played the game for years, and have mastered the skill of looking at your mini map every so often, you are never going to be aware of incoming aircraft until they are right up on you. I have seen sooooo many people make that mistake, and then they get deleted because of it. Although I will admit it is semi balanced if only because even if you aren’t looking at the mini map, you still get indications and alerts when enemy aircraft have spotted you and when they are coming towards you, but even when this is the case, usually there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you are just that lucky, or skilled at dodging, you are going to get hit by torps, rockets, and bombs no matter what. It may not kill you, but it is very annoying since you don’t have any control over your anti aircraft guns.  

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,379 posts
11,764 battles
11 minutes ago, 313_iron said:

It’s still possible even if the CVs have been “balanced”. I say that because though CVs can’t launch as many torps and bombs not as they could, they still are able to use more than one squadron of bombers of various sorts, so yeah even a less than adequate player in a CV could bomb and toro and rocket a ship to death. Without being close to the target. I’ve seen it in replay vids, and random compilation vids. It’s pretty evident that the CVs can be very imbalanced, even without a highly skilled player. And unless you are a player who has played the game for years, and have mastered the skill of looking at your mini map every so often, you are never going to be aware of incoming aircraft until they are right up on you. I have seen sooooo many people make that mistake, and then they get deleted because of it. Although I will admit it is semi balanced if only because even if you aren’t looking at the mini map, you still get indications and alerts when enemy aircraft have spotted you and when they are coming towards you, but even when this is the case, usually there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you are just that lucky, or skilled at dodging, you are going to get hit by torps, rockets, and bombs no matter what. It may not kill you, but it is very annoying since you don’t have any control over your anti aircraft guns.  

It almost sounds like you think that the player that demonstrates a high level of skill should be as good as the player that doesn't pay attention and facerolls the keyboard.

Paying attention to your surroundings is less important against CV's than it is against DD's. A CV can hurt you, some, maybe, if you give it all day. A DD can devastating strike you if you let it. Add to that, the CV will likely lose planes, and hence striking potential later, but if you didn't see the DD, you did nothing at all to him at all.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
12 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@franz_von_goltz the pre rework RTS CVs were worth playing. CVs as they are now are not worth playing. They are a putrid heap of garbage.

Why is it a "putrid garbage"? Because you don't like it? 

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
13 hours ago, pastore123 said:

Honestly, I’d rather see subs than cvs. I know that this post is all your opinion. There are those that share your opinion and those that do not. I do not share your opinion when talking about fluidity if the game. I feel like a match goes a lot better when ships flank and do not have to be worried about getting spotted by aircraft that travel more than 4-5 times faster your ships speed. 

There are a lot of no CV games where you can do that, in a CV game you can't. Have CV and no CV games makes the game more interesting.

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
940 posts
8,182 battles
2 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

There are a lot of no CV games where you can do that, in a CV game you can't. Have CV and no CV games makes the game more interesting.

Which is how I prefer the game, no cv ;) 

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
16 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

Which is how I prefer the game, no cv ;) 

I understand... But what makes this game interesting is that each time you start a battle, it's different,

- Domination, Epicenter, etc I'm pretty sure that other games can be imagined... Some of the Operations are interesting, but I guess queuing would be too long, so it's players vs bots.
- Something like 15 maps, there should be some more maps with less islands..
- Weather
- CVs/no CVs
- DDs/no DDs
- Next SSs/no SSs

I haven't seen no BBs or no CLs

Of course, one prefers one game to another, but imagine, the same game, the same maps, no weather, etc... I wouldn't play that.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
19 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I agree with most of what you've typed.

I do think that ships sitting behind an island is a tactic/option.
That said, I think it is totally fair for a CV fly planes around the islands to hit such "sitting ducks" or to spot those ships attempting some sort of ambush.

Being able to fly planes below the tops of islands is a needed game mechanic, to avoid getting planes hit by AA fire.

Spotting a ship and keeping it spotted to enable the team to focus fire on it is fair, as far as I am concerned.

I'm okay with games that have multiple CV's in them.
Two per team is fine.  One per team is fine.
A special "CV Festival mode" with every player using a CV?  Well, that might not be popular, but I'm willing to give it a try.  :-)

Thanks for the original post.  The issues you've highlighted have been going on for some time.  I started playing under the old RTS CV game mechanic.

Would be a good idea, but it would make it too complicate, the game is not a flight simulator. It's enough to fix the "hiding" power of the islands so CV players simply can also use the islands as any other ship. When attacking planes can't see the ship except on the mini map... But ship sees them. After all, the planes are simply kind of "high speed small flying ships" in this game. It would make the "hiding behind rock" tactic a bit more risky.
This can be fixed by the developers very easily, I am sure.

Members
1,902 posts
6,918 battles
5 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Would be a good idea, but it would make it too complicate, the game is not a flight simulator. It's enough to fix the "hiding" power of the islands so CV players simply can also use the islands as any other ship. When attacking planes can't see the ship except on the mini map... But ship sees them. After all, the planes are simply kind of "high speed small flying ships" in this game. It would make the "hiding behind rock" tactic a bit more risky.
This can be fixed by the developers very easily, I am sure.

"... the game is not a flight simulator."
Indeed.
As such, the older RTS mode for CV's made more sense.

And, yes, islands shouldn't be "transparent" to radar and AA fire.

The more that Wargaming and WOWs have gotten away from historical specifications and the reality of physics, the more that they have "broken" the game, in my opinion.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

"... the game is not a flight simulator."
Indeed.
As such, the older RTS mode for CV's made more sense.

And, yes, islands shouldn't be "transparent" to radar and AA fire.

The more that Wargaming and WOWs have gotten away from historical specifications and the reality of physics, the more that they have "broken" the game, in my opinion.

Don't know about the RTS, watched a couple of videos. Seems the new mode is more integrated to the game, as somehow the planes are now "small flying ships".
The previous mode focused on the CV ship, the new one on the Squadrons, player is a pilot, not a captain.
Didn't know islands were transparent to radar, that should be fixed too, it makes no sense.
At the moment, the CV game is rather pleasant (at least for me), once the AA (nerf some, buff other ships), tier management, islands, auto pilot are fixed, it will be perfect.

I would just decrease the spotting range and detectability of planes.
Planes see too much and are too easily seen.
Some cloud effects could be added, planes can fly over some clouds, do not see, can't be seen.

I don't think it is possible to fit to historical specifications here... But physics yes, simply because "naturally" we know islands hide, radars do not see through mountains.

Members
1,902 posts
6,918 battles
12 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Don't know about the RTS, watched a couple of videos. Seems the new mode is more integrated to the game, as somehow the planes are now "small flying ships".
The previous mode focused on the CV ship, the new one on the Squadrons, player is a pilot, not a captain.
Didn't know islands were transparent to radar, that should be fixed too, it makes no sense.
At the moment, the CV game is rather pleasant (at least for me), once the AA (nerf some, buff other ships), tier management, islands, auto pilot are fixed, it will be perfect.

I would just decrease the spotting range and detectability of planes.
Planes see too much and are too easily seen.
Some cloud effects could be added, planes can fly over some clouds, do not see, can't be seen.

I don't think it is possible to fit to historical specifications here... But physics yes, simply because "naturally" we know islands hide, radars do not see through mountains.

Yep, the previous RTS mode meant the Aircraft Carrier Captain simultaneously *commanded* the ship and the squadrons.
As such, the Captain didn't experience the perspective of just one squadron leader, the Captain told the squadron leaders where to go and what to do while also ordering where the ship should go.
The "chess match" and logistics/timing of playing a CV Captain were interesting and entertaining, though perhaps not in a first-person-shooter sort of way.

Granted, the cv-rework gives a player a bit more *immersion* into being a "squadron leader", but at the expense of simultaneously using all available squadrons for various tasks as commanded by the Aircraft Carrier Captain.
Basically, your analogy of "flying ships" has some merit.  In the past, I've simply stated that WG/WOWs simply imported mechanics from "World of Planes".

Quote:  "I don't think it is possible to fit to historical specifications here..."
In a polite manner, I disagree.  :-)
WG/WOWs often mentions the amount of research they do for the computer modeling of various ships from blueprints and visiting actual surviving ships.  They *know* the specifications.

I feel that if they properly modeled the physics, like fixing the islands to block radar (among other known issues of the game), then much of the "problems" would sort themselves out.
And we would also be able to play ships with a stronger "national flavor" because of the ways that various navies designed their ships for the intended roles they were built and deployed for.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
19 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yep, the previous RTS mode meant the Aircraft Carrier Captain simultaneously *commanded* the ship and the squadrons.
As such, the Captain didn't experience the perspective of just one squadron leader, the Captain told the squadron leaders where to go and what to do while also ordering where the ship should go.
The "chess match" and logistics/timing of playing a CV Captain were interesting and entertaining, though perhaps not in a first-person-shooter sort of way.

Granted, the cv-rework gives a player a bit more *immersion* into being a "squadron leader", but at the expense of simultaneously using all available squadrons for various tasks as commanded by the Aircraft Carrier Captain.
Basically, your analogy of "flying ships" has some merit.  In the past, I've simply stated that WG/WOWs simply imported mechanics from "World of Planes".

Quote:  "I don't think it is possible to fit to historical specifications here..."
In a polite manner, I disagree.  :-)
WG/WOWs often mentions the amount of research they do for the computer modeling of various ships from blueprints and visiting actual surviving ships.  They *know* the specifications.

I feel that if they properly modeled the physics, like fixing the islands to block radar (among other known issues of the game), then much of the "problems" would sort themselves out.
And we would also be able to play ships with a stronger "national flavor" because of the ways that various navies designed their ships for the intended roles they were built and deployed for.

1. Now they have done that rework, probably players who enjoyed the RTS were disappointed and other players liked the so called rework. Now, what is done is done, there are still some fixing, after, done, just add additional CVs, including French Bearn and Italian Aquila (the occasion to do something like the Graf Zeppelin, a different playing).

2. The ships are highly accurate, but how can you imagine "match making" something realistic? 2 Yamatos and 1 Missouri playing together? The nature of the game doesn't fit... Imagine a DD launching all his torps, done, he can't play anymore... Etc...

3. Agree with the physics...

4. National flavor indeed, but the national flavor is linked with the country... IJN could build Yamato, the USN wanted them to cross the Panama channel, Germany didn't need a high sees navy, KM could not match RN, the Regia Marina & the French Navy focused on the Mediterranean, etc The game should be then totally different. It would be however interesting to play Jutland, Savo Islands, Midway, Matapan, etc on special scenarii not "match maked" with one nation navies. But then, how to consider what is a victory? At Midway, the USN knew the IJN plans. Can't be... It's more a kind of wargame turn based.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles
1 hour ago, franz_von_goltz said:

This was something the rework did to carrier play. It made it "pleasant" for new carriers. With the old RTS system, the better carrier player would destroy the weaker player. Now with no carrier versus carrier counterplay, the whole thing is just silly. Presently any player can hop into a CV and just fly around farming damage off of the red team without fear that a better player will shoot them out of the sky. 

Personally I am waiting for the BB/DD/CA reworks so that better battleship players won't be able to shut down lesser BB players.... Same goes for all the types of ships, they should all be practically immune from attacks from ships of the same class. 

The thing that disgusts me most about the rework is seeing CV players near the top of the scoreboard with few plane kills. Course I suppose that is more realistic since we all know that carriers never battled one another in real life nor did they send planes out to fight each other's aircraft...................................................................... It is all so pathetic. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
783 posts
4,393 battles
24 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

This was something the rework did to carrier play. It made it "pleasant" for new carriers. With the old RTS system, the better carrier player would destroy the weaker player. Now with no carrier versus carrier counterplay, the whole thing is just silly. Presently any player can hop into a CV and just fly around farming damage off of the red team without fear that a better player will shoot them out of the sky. 

Personally I am waiting for the BB/DD/CA reworks so that better battleship players won't be able to shut down lesser BB players.... Same goes for all the types of ships, they should all be practically immune from attacks from ships of the same class. 

The thing that disgusts me most about the rework is seeing CV players near the top of the scoreboard with few plane kills. Course I suppose that is more realistic since we all know that carriers never battled one another in real life nor did they send planes out to fight each other's aircraft...................................................................... It is all so pathetic. 

Nothing is realistic in the game... I haven't read of battles with cruisers or destroyers hiding behind islands, etc... After, play CV, and you will see it's not that easy to fly around and farm damage. And I don't know... When I spot a DD and team fires and destroys it, I do not farm damage, but it helps the team to win, terminating a BB or a CL heavily damaged, one more kill for the team... Then, some CV players intercept enemies and drop fighters. 

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
940 posts
8,182 battles
6 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

I understand... But what makes this game interesting is that each time you start a battle, it's different,

- Domination, Epicenter, etc I'm pretty sure that other games can be imagined... Some of the Operations are interesting, but I guess queuing would be too long, so it's players vs bots.
- Something like 15 maps, there should be some more maps with less islands..
- Weather
- CVs/no CVs
- DDs/no DDs
- Next SSs/no SSs

I haven't seen no BBs or no CLs

Of course, one prefers one game to another, but imagine, the same game, the same maps, no weather, etc... I wouldn't play that.

The problem I see with cvs is the advantage of spotting and damage to cvs doesn’t usually happen until end game. Unless the team is getting steam rolled or the cv player charges the front line, the cv player is usually alive the whole game and has an impact on the battle that other ships do not. 

Let’s forget that attacking a bb from a cv might take forever. but if you’re a cv player and you keep the dds spotted, focus on ships and play the mental game on them, or land successful attacks which dissuade players from advancing, then the game will generally go in your favor. 

You mentioned that there aren’t games without bbs or cls/cas. I don’t see this as a problem considering the different dynamics that cvs bring to the table. I believe it is hard to have cvs in game because they are not a ship (except for the actual hp pool of the ship), but a bunch of planes that fly around until battles end or until the actual ship is sunk. 

Members
1,902 posts
6,918 battles

I still enjoy using my CV's secondary guns to take out shore installations in Operation "Killer Whale" scenario.  ;-)

The british autopilots need fixing though.  They can't seem to make turns properly.