You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bassagitator

Am I the WORST player in the history of WOW?

44 comments in this topic

[FDA]
Members
10 posts
16,864 battles

Here is my problem.  It seems to me I am being constantly placed on teams that have NO CHANCE of winning a match.  1. It seems that the teams I get on all have very wide (Maximum) shell dispersion.  2. The few hits I am allowed to make either Ricochet or over penetrate causing little or no damage.  3. The shell dispersion of the opposing team is always concentrated and the Damage done is extensive. 4. I also note in this type of game that the opposing team can fire from open water and not be detected but can hit me constantly.  If I DO get to see them and fire they disappear before my shots land and no hits are ever recorded on "Invisible Ships".  5. The next thing I tend to notice in these one sided games is the Torpedo Warnings.  I can fire torpedoes and no sooner than they hit the water the opposing ships take evasive action as if they get a warning very early, but the warnings I receive (If I get one at all) are always too late to avoid the hit.

My primary question is how do I get off this "crapLIST" and be allowed to play games where the parameters are not skewed to favor either team.  I have been playing this game for well over two years and have spent over $1,000.00 in Premium Account, Signals, and ship purchases.  How much money does one need to spend to get assigned to NORMAL games???

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,430 posts
16,249 battles

You get the same teams that everyone else does.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLFA]
Members
137 posts
3,467 battles

Posts like this make me feel a lot better about my own mediocre game performance. Have you tried watching IChase's captain's academy or perhaps followed some of the more instructive DD captains on youtube?? Find tutorials. Watch them, absorb their wisdom and improve your game. 

• Cool 3

[KSE]
Members
3,825 posts
18,273 battles

No I think I hold the worst player ever

I blame it on the Roller Ball

Sadly most players don't even know what targets to shoot at

'Em pink a lot of The Times:Smile_facepalm:

Alpha Tester
6,123 posts
2,986 battles
21 minutes ago, bassagitator said:

Here is my problem.  It seems to me I am being constantly placed on teams that have NO CHANCE of winning a match.  1. It seems that the teams I get on all have very wide (Maximum) shell dispersion.  2. The few hits I am allowed to make either Ricochet or over penetrate causing little or no damage.  3. The shell dispersion of the opposing team is always concentrated and the Damage done is extensive. 4. I also note in this type of game that the opposing team can fire from open water and not be detected but can hit me constantly.  If I DO get to see them and fire they disappear before my shots land and no hits are ever recorded on "Invisible Ships".  5. The next thing I tend to notice in these one sided games is the Torpedo Warnings.  I can fire torpedoes and no sooner than they hit the water the opposing ships take evasive action as if they get a warning very early, but the warnings I receive (If I get one at all) are always too late to avoid the hit.

My primary question is how do I get off this "crapLIST" and be allowed to play games where the parameters are not skewed to favor either team.  I have been playing this game for well over two years and have spent over $1,000.00 in Premium Account, Signals, and ship purchases.  How much money does one need to spend to get assigned to NORMAL games???

Here's your problem: You keep blaming outside factors on your own performance. Truly good players know that every single one of their problems in the game, bar none, are their own doing and can be fixed with the proper application of skill.

• Cool 6
  • Angry 1

[FDA]
Members
10 posts
16,864 battles

Ok I have read the responses thus far and am unconvinced that there is something wrong when I constantly get on the teams that lose.  Just today I played 5 matches with my  Montana, all of which were losses.  I remember one streak were I had 20 losing games in a row.  At that point I decided to play mostly Co-Op so I could at least have some fun.  VERY FRUSTRATING losing every game.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
12,108 posts

You are the only constant in every match you play. Streaks happen to everyone and is not contingent on some switch that WG has turned on that causes you to lose. If you actually want to be more influential, go back and analyze your replays and look for different choices you could make to push your team closer to winning. You can also research through youtube and the forums, etc. gameplay from other more skilled players to gather feedback. Also, submitting replays for construtive critique on here is one of the best means to improve by gaining feedback tailored specifically for you. @Lord_Zath does this on his youtube channel and accepts replays. I've done it and found it quite helpful. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/314-zaths-replay-cineplex/

sUR9BRg.gif

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[AFK-2]
Members
47 posts
663 battles
8 minutes ago, bassagitator said:

Ok I have read the responses thus far and am unconvinced that there is something wrong when I constantly get on the teams that lose.  Just today I played 5 matches with my  Montana, all of which were losses.  I remember one streak were I had 20 losing games in a row.  At that point I decided to play mostly Co-Op so I could at least have some fun.  VERY FRUSTRATING losing every game.

Maybe the problem isn’t you’re team or the game, maybe it’s the fact that you need to get better at the game. I was in (and still kinda am) a similar boat when I started playing the game in mid to late 2018 after not playing the game since early 2017. I kept getting loss after loss, suffering defeats left and right, and not having much fun playing the game. Then, I started watching tutorial videos and ship review videos (especially on the ships I was focusing on in particular) and I started getting better. Back then, I had a win rate of less than 12%, and now I have a win rate of 44.18%. It’s because I practiced and realized “well maybe it’s not because the game is biased towards me or my team is terrible, maybe it’s because I am bad at the game and need to get better. When I put myself in THAT mindset, I started getting better and improved. Even to this day, I try to improve my skills and ability to play the game, because even now that I have gotten better, I still make mistakes, and have losing streaks. When that happens, it is frustrating, and it can make the game seemingly less fun because of it. But when you take the time to understand what went wrong then you can become a really good player, and ditch the losing spree.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,638 posts
18,903 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You are the only constant in every match you play. Streaks happen to everyone and is not contingent on some switch that WG has turned on that causes you to lose. If you actually want to be more influential, go back and analyze your replays and look for different choices you could make to push your team closer to winning. You can also research through youtube and the forums, etc. gameplay from other more skilled players to gather feedback. Also, submitting replays for construtive critique on here is one of the best means to improve by gaining feedback tailored specifically for you. @Lord_Zath does this on his youtube channel and accepts replays. I've done it and found it quite helpful. 

sUR9BRg.gif

Thanks for the shoutout!  

Stream starting now!  twitch.tv/lord_zath

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,790 posts
5,814 battles

Remember kids. Whenever you are in doubt as to the source of your poor game statistics, blame your team. It's always somebody else's fault except your own.

There are only a small number of constants in every match you play. And that constant is that clearly the devs are out to get you. Yes you, and only you! The matchmaker is designed to always put all the elite purple people on the red team, and all the braindead potatoes on yours. It's not that you're actually terrible at the game, and a negative factor which increases those losses. It's always other people and some shady developers who are out to troll you for... reasons, and prevent your ascension to your rightful place to epicgamerdom.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[AFK-2]
Members
47 posts
663 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Remember kids. Whenever you are in doubt as to the source of poor game statistics, blame your team.

There are only a small number of constants in every match you play. And that constant is that clearly the devs are out to get you. Yes you, and only you! The matchmaker is designed to always put all the elite purple people on the red team, and all the braindead potatoes on yours. It's not that you're actually terrible at the game and a cause to all those losses. It's always other people and some shady developers who are out to troll you for... reasons, and prevent your ascension to your rightful place to epicgamerdom.

*extreme levels of sarcasm detected* 

Edited by 313_iron

Members
2,713 posts
509 battles
1 hour ago, bassagitator said:

30 minutes ago, bassagitator said:

After looking....the short answer, I am afraid is, YES.....

you might just be that... and blaming others is the number one reason I think so. as do others that look....

with that many battles and playing tier ten and being that ignorant as to think it can't at all be YOU that is bad enough to hold such a "fantastic" group of stats and %'s I can say without a doubt that you might just be the worst....at least since a few weeks ago when I had a 43% 13K battle Montana on my team play like he JUST DL'd the game and got in that ship and played.

Blaming the teams for the fact that you cant seem to want  to understand the game and how to play BEFORE jumping into high tier ships and being a BURDEN to the very teams you blame for your inadequacies..?

yeah  I think you get it...

• Cool 1

Members
2,713 posts
509 battles

37 minutes ago, bassagitator said:

After looking....the short answer, I am afraid is, YES.....

you might just be that... and blaming others is the number one reason I think so. as do others that look....

with that many battles and playing tier ten and being that ignorant as to think it can't at all be YOU that is bad enough to hold such a "fantastic" group of stats and %'s I can say without a doubt that you might just be the worst....at least since a few weeks ago when I had a 43% 13K battle Montana on my team play like he JUST DL'd the game and got in that ship and played.

Blaming the teams for the fact that you cant seem to want  to understand the game and how to play BEFORE jumping into high tier ships and being a BURDEN to the very teams you blame for your inadequacies..?

yeah  I think you get it...

7WKcHxO.png

[HINON]
Members
12,108 posts
13 minutes ago, 313_iron said:

*extreme levels of sarcasm detected* 

Never leave home without one of these.

mhDUmeu.gif

• Cool 1

Members
5,829 posts
6,706 battles

Are you the worst player in the history of WoWs?

Are you a certain legendary pokemon, that is also a professional with integrity?

If not, then you're definitely not the worst player in the history of the game 

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,399 posts
12,937 battles
34 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

sUR9BRg.gif

This and I suggest dropping well down the tiers to tier 3/4 to work on getting better. Once you have improved down there you can slowly work your way back up the tiers.

[IWP]
Members
23 posts
6,377 battles

Ha!  I am the worst player in the history of WOWS.  And I challenge anyone who disagrees to a duel - loser takes all.:cap_rambo:

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,163 posts
17,651 battles

Teams do not get a dispersion nerf or buff. It depends on the ship type, particularly which ship and modoules being used.

Richocet or over pens is your aim. Which ship are you using and which ship are you shooting. WHERE are you aiming???

Enemy team can only ALWAYS HIT AND PEN if they are bots in coop or scenario. 

No one can open water stealth fire since 5.0.... they are in ir behind smoke or an island. It is possible to fire a long range shot out of their maximum spotting range and have you sail into the shells.

The ONLY SHIPS that dodge insta torps are bots in coop. Players can use tier 1 skill priority target.

So after 13k battles you obviously haven't learned the basic mechanics. You should get a mentor to help you.

GL

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,369 posts
11,748 battles

If you're here asking, then you aren't the worst player ever.

The worst player ever would have never have asked this question, or have come to the forums.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,430 posts
16,249 battles
2 minutes ago, bobby_scott05 said:

Bull

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[TIGRB]
Members
198 posts
1,971 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

And Bull is not just an animal. Some are full of it though. White Knights in General

• Confused 1