Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dashtardly

Research Bureau Ship Reset and Ship Captains Question

9 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,442 battles

The game update article states:

Commanders will be sent to the Reserve without losing their specialization

What it doesn't say anything about is the capacity of the player's Captain Reserve.  So, my question is - what happens when I have insufficient capacity in my Captain's Reserve when I reset a ship line and those captains on the ships that get sold are unable to be placed back into the reserve?

[HINON]
Members
12,170 posts
6 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

The game update article states:

Commanders will be sent to the Reserve without losing their specialization

What it doesn't say anything about is the capacity of the player's Captain Reserve.  So, my question is - what happens when I have insufficient capacity in my Captain's Reserve when I reset a ship line and those captains on the ships that get sold are unable to be placed back into the reserve?

In the past for similar situations the reserve would automatically expand to the size needed to accommodate extra commanders. 

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,319 battles

@dashtardly in the Public test they go in reserve and it expands automatically also if you buy back a ship with a captain they also go to reserve when you replace then with your experienced captain.

There is way to much overthinking this and not enough participants in the PT for all this to be easily understood.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,707 posts
22,019 battles
7 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Anyone remember the threads asking WG to stop giving Commander slots as daily container rewards? :cap_yes:

Yes... Seems a bit of a mistake with the new changes now............ On the upside, they are cheap! 

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,442 battles
33 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@dashtardly in the Public test they go in reserve and it expands automatically also if you buy back a ship with a captain they also go to reserve when you replace then with your experienced captain.

There is way to much overthinking this and not enough participants in the PT for all this to be easily understood.

OK... expanding automatically is counter-intuitive since they charge dubloons to expand the captain's reserve.  The bolded text I added is normal behavior (i.e., expected, although I've always had room in the reserve). Also note, I tried PTS (but didn't think about this particular test case to try it) and the RB, but what they are proposing is slightly different than what PTS was (i.e., credits for ship sale are at 50% but was previously 100%).

Edited by dashtardly
Added more info

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,319 battles

@dashtardly they may not auto expand reserve slots and 100 dbs for 4 could get expensive. I bought some in the PT since the dbs were given free before I noticed the auto expand. I dismissed many 0 pt captains I with ship buy backs that I neglected to choose without captain.

There is an event coming up for twitch crates that slots are one of the prizes. oops they a port slots.

I have enough excess 0 and low exp captains in reserve that I can dismiss to make room for those sent to reserve for a reset.

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,442 battles
18 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@dashtardly they may not auto expand reserve slots and 100 dbs for 4 could get expensive.

Yes, but ONLY if you remember (or know) to expand reserve before committing to the reset.

@Femennenly - do you know what has been coded?  Is there a way to test (and then update the article accordingly)?

[SIDE]
Members
2,862 posts

I have 70 empty slots so not concerned.

Ain't wasting a minute of my time regrinding not-awesome lines to get a fantasy ship either. I can easily nuke the ohio with my already  grinded (sp?) tier 8+ dd and I can easily nuke the whatsitsname cruiser with my already grinded tier 8+ BB. Plus, I already play more than half my randoms in tier 4-7 because I think the gameplay is better in that range.

So, what's the point in the Bureau nonsense for me?

I think if a certain percentage of games are in low mid tier you should get credit for keeping those tiers healthy. Otherwise stuff the whole thing.

Sign in to follow this