Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

My recommended ships for ranked S13

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[KW]
Banned
623 posts

Ok it would help if your a radar ship like the ALASKA and use it for the team not save for yourself. 

Neptunes = delete pls just delete OK thanks/ I mean dont use pls. no disrespect I love the RN "but get a frickin jutland", you'll love it better.

Georgia's your secondaries wont save you wait for the dern team support

DDS kill the frickin DDS 1st, not damage absorbing BBs FTLOG!!!!!

 

 

IOWA ...dont use for TLOG  dont use this fking ship I hate u

morgador .... only the most elite otherwise dont use and here is a vid of why I am saying this and why I also say neptune guys use a juland instead pls....

 

if bb main go :

mushia or however you spell it "tough as nails" but dont get cocky as they tell me, you need me Im here 2 " dont be a georgia.

alsace/ which im thinking of going instead of izmo/ dont use izmo cause  I sold mine earlier with disappointment in the noob ranks but I might buy back if alsace dont FEEL good ect. noob ijn use ALSACE.  izmo is a lower rank I think like rank 5 too 1 soo might buy back but again ALSACE cold do same.

thats it man I know soy but not enough games its really reliant on radar, hydro good dd laying smoke like ME but this ranked its a TURD maybe ? SIDENOTE: The fkin russians would have had at LEAST HYDRO on ALL their ships dont fkin start it ok.  Just dont use it 

id go ALSACE over JB for lower ranks ALSACE is meaner

cruzer wise I dont think Id use anything except alaska

 

dd mains already know whats up so Im not gonna go there but here is a vid of a dd that I like best

 

 

Its a grind man no doubt.  GLHF and TBCE = too be continually edited as I hopefully progress through the ranks...or get suspended!?

  • Confused 2
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,886
[-K-]
Members
7,519 posts
12,226 battles

Been having a pretty good time with Seattle as of late.  Z-46 and Neustrashimy have been my go-to DDs.

But at the end of the day, just play whatever ship works best for you.  If you can perform better in a Tashkent over a Kitakaze, go for it.  If you do better in an Iowa than a Musashi, great.  It doesn't matter to me what ships my team mates bring into battle, as long as they are able to pull their weight in them.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KW]
Banned
623 posts
20 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Been having a pretty good time with Seattle as of late.  Z-46 and Neustrashimy have been my go-to DDs.

But at the end of the day, just play whatever ship works best for you.  If you can perform better in a Tashkent over a Kitakaze, go for it.  If you do better in an Iowa than a Musashi, great.  It doesn't matter to me what ships my team mates bring into battle, as long as they are able to pull their weight in them.

I haven't seen enough of the Seattle or Neustrashimy yet but I'm still grinding though so hopefully will see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,037
[RLGN]
Members
12,320 posts
22,076 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

But at the end of the day, just play whatever ship works best for you.  If you can perform better in a Tashkent over a Kitakaze, go for it.  If you do better in an Iowa than a Musashi, great.  It doesn't matter to me what ships my team mates bring into battle, as long as they are able to pull their weight in them.

Fletcher.

Kitakaze is nothing but an unmanuverable bullet magnet to me; one that might as well not even have torpedoes, (25% wr, whatever, I don’t even use it any more,) and I’ve never even played the other two.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,129
[KWF]
Members
3,745 posts
5,417 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Fletcher.

Kitakaze is nothing but an unmanuverable bullet magnet to me; one that might as well not even have torpedoes, (25% wr, whatever, I don’t even use it any more,) and I’ve never even played the other two.

I would disagree on her performance since I do pretty well in her. That said, she's a pretty selfish DD in her new form. The way you got the HE pen of a CL often makes you favour farming more than getting sh*t done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,371
[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,276 battles

DDs who can stay alive generally keep their stars in a losing battle even if they're completely worthless and end up costing the fight.

That's why I switched to Fletcher. :Smile_unsure:

It might as well be me.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,037
[RLGN]
Members
12,320 posts
22,076 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

I would disagree on her performance since I do pretty well in her. That said, she's a pretty selfish DD in her new form. The way you got the HE pen of a CL often makes you favour farming more than getting sh*t done.

Which is maybe why I do so ‘poorly’ in her; I concern myself more with doing destroyer things (scouting, screening, area denial, boosting half way across the map to support an ally against a Red DD,) than raw damage farming...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,129
[KWF]
Members
3,745 posts
5,417 battles
57 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Which is maybe why I do so ‘poorly’ in her; I concern myself more with doing destroyer things (scouting, screening, area denial, boosting half way across the map to support an ally against a Red DD,) than raw damage farming...

One argument you could make is that quantity has a quality of it's own. 

The issue is finding a middle spot between mindlessly farming and actually contributing to the win. The more you can balance these two the more fun Kitakaze and IJN gunboats will feel. Like it or not besides, the HE pen changes have changed things quite a bit. Playing to the ship's strength isn't a bad thing.

On the other hand old Akizuki was a DD hunter first and a harasser secondly. Constant ammo changes were favoured to get most of the still glorious AP DPM. Now this has changed for better or worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
5 posts
10,716 battles

I believe everyone has there preferences with ships. Some do great in ships others don’t. Individual play styles and knowledge of the boats capabilities makes the difference from ship to ship. Yes there is some dominant ships, but they all have there weaknesses of some kind. Biggest issue in most battles in random and ranked is working as a team and getting it done. Just my thoughts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,037
[RLGN]
Members
12,320 posts
22,076 battles
34 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

On the other hand old Akizuki was a DD hunter first and a harasser secondly. Constant ammo changes were favoured to get most of the still glorious AP DPM. Now this has changed for better or worse.

Speaking of Akizuki; I’d rather play it in a Tier 9 or 10 game than Kitakaze or Harugumo; I really can’t stand/don’t enjoy playing either one of those.

What’s so truly bizarre about that is I should like them for their similarities to Akizuki; but I can’t get past their utterly carppy torpedo load/reload, and by playstyle I’m a torpedoman more than a gunner.

It’s not that I won’t use my guns, or can’t use them, I’ve just always preferred the stalking killer ways of things like Mutsuki, over things like the KM, RU, and now MN destroyers. (None of which, besides Grozovoi, I actively play.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
228
[PRNA]
Members
510 posts
5,322 battles
19 hours ago, EVILCHEF72 said:

I believe everyone has there preferences with ships. Some do great in ships others don’t. Individual play styles and knowledge of the boats capabilities makes the difference from ship to ship. Yes there is some dominant ships, but they all have there weaknesses of some kind. Biggest issue in most battles in random and ranked is working as a team and getting it done. Just my thoughts 

Yes and no.

For the lower ranks you can get away with playing whatever ship you play best. It’s pretty much just randoms.

High ranks that’s not going to fly. If the enemy team has 3 Blacks and you have 3 Fletchers you can kiss that star goodbye. People at those ranks know ships relatively well enough that you won’t be able to make up with skill what they have in ship power. 

Feel free to tell me I’m wrong, but as a guy who ranked out last night and had to switch out his Neustrashimy for a Kitakaze to do it, good luck. Just ask yourself what the good players are doing and why. I guarantee they aren’t all playing Roon, and there’s probably a reason they aren’t.

Edited by Sou1forge
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,431 battles
3 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

High ranks that’s not going to fly. If the enemy team has 3 Blacks and you have 3 Fletchers you can kiss that star goodbye. People at those ranks know ships relatively well enough that you won’t be able to make up with skill what they have in ship power. 

Sorry for being completely oblivious on this matter.

In my current ranks 11 to 10(Low ranks)

I generally see that Fletchers do especially well against blacks(generally).

Have I just got exception battles or these ranks have such battles?

Also I can only use JB or FDG. I am using JB currently, and doing quite well for now. But stuck at rank 10 at the moment.

Is there anything I could do better and any recommendations I should work towards for next Ranked(Any tier)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
228
[PRNA]
Members
510 posts
5,322 battles
5 hours ago, Silver_kun said:

Sorry for being completely oblivious on this matter.

In my current ranks 11 to 10(Low ranks)

I generally see that Fletchers do especially well against blacks(generally).

Have I just got exception battles or these ranks have such battles?

Also I can only use JB or FDG. I am using JB currently, and doing quite well for now. But stuck at rank 10 at the moment.

Is there anything I could do better and any recommendations I should work towards for next Ranked(Any tier)?

Maybe because the Fletcher people know their ship? I mean, Black is literally just Fletcher + Radar and slow torps. I’d say those battles were the exception, or there’s some selection bias where only the bad Blacks stay low tiers or something if that’s what you are observing.

JB is a fine ship. It’s competitive all the way to rank 1. The problem is I’m not sure how much it tends to save its star. Saving your stars on losses is IMO more than half the battle climbing ranks. Someone who gets a 50% win ratio, but ends top of the losing team 1 out of those 5 losing battles literally climbs at the same rate as someone who gets a 60% win ratio, but doesn’t save their star.

This season damage seems to not be favored as much as caps. It’s probably a side effect of the DD meta, but a lot of games are quick and blowouts. Im not sure if it was a change in XP calculation or something, but I found pretty much as long as I got a full cap and around my HP damage in a DD, or two cap assists and that same damage I saved my star. This seemed to be irregardless of kills, unless I got more than 1. I did not see me saving a star when I was doing 90k or so average damage in my Musashi and not getting a cap. I’d assume this is why top tier most people got out of BBs even, and most games were a minimum of 3 DDs, a Radar Cruiser, then maybe a BB or two. The key this season seems to be being good in a Mogador, Black, Jutland, or Kitakaze. There isn’t much room for other DDs. Neustra or Udaloi can squeeze themselves in on a good game or exceptional player,  but that’s real hard. You want to aggressively vie for whatever cap you can get, buddy up with another DD who can eat the heat with you, and pray that their DDs make that crucial first mistake before you do.

Edited by Sou1forge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,431 battles
2 hours ago, Sou1forge said:

Maybe because the Fletcher people know their ship? I mean, Black is literally just Fletcher + Radar and slow torps. I’d say those battles were the exception, or there’s some selection bias where only the bad Blacks stay low tiers or something if that’s what you are observing.

JB is a fine ship. It’s competitive all the way to rank 1. The problem is I’m not sure how much it tends to save its star. Saving your stars on losses is IMO more than half the battle climbing ranks. Someone who gets a 50% win ratio, but ends top of the losing team 1 out of those 5 losing battles literally climbs at the same rate as someone who gets a 60% win ratio, but doesn’t save their star.

This season damage seems to not be favored as much as caps. It’s probably a side effect of the DD meta, but a lot of games are quick and blowouts. Im not sure if it was a change in XP calculation or something, but I found pretty much as long as I got a full cap and around my HP damage in a DD, or two cap assists and that same damage I saved my star. This seemed to be irregardless of kills, unless I got more than 1. I did not see me saving a star when I was doing 90k or so average damage in my Musashi and not getting a cap. I’d assume this is why top tier most people got out of BBs even, and most games were a minimum of 3 DDs, a Radar Cruiser, then maybe a BB or two. The key this season seems to be being good in a Mogador, Black, Jutland, or Kitakaze. There isn’t much room for other DDs. Neustra or Udaloi can squeeze themselves in on a good game or exceptional player,  but that’s real hard. You want to aggressively vie for whatever cap you can get, buddy up with another DD who can eat the heat with you, and pray that their DDs make that crucial first mistake before you do.

Thank you very much. This helped me a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×