Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Question about tier X BB's.

8 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
425 posts
8,787 battles

Does anyone run steering gears in slot 4 instead of DCM2 on any of there tier X BB's? The reason I ask is because I've been thinking of doing this on the Montana because she is just so much more sluggish then even the Iowa that it might make her more comfy to play more often.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,879 posts
20,803 battles

Long ago, maybe 1.5 years ago, I ran SGM2 on all my BBs when I could.  But I experimented with DCSM2 on Montana and liked the results.  I started to slowly replace SGM2 in favor of DCSM2 on every BB I had over time.  The only ones I didn't are the ones that NEED fast Rudder Shift time:  Vanguard, Roma, otherwise they get deleted.  Everything else, Yamato, North Carolina, Alabama, Mass, Georgia, LOLORADO, Arizona, Bismarck / Tirpitz, Gneisenau, Kremlin, Sinop, Richelieu, Republique, GK, etc... They're all now with DCSM2.

It's great because DCSM2 is basically a "BOS" without having to take the trait.  For certain builds that adopting BOS is difficult, DCSM2 is a nice way to have it without giving up the 3pts.  However, do understand that BOS & DCSM2 effects stack.  So if you're running BB Survival Builds, doing that is a great thing to lessen the effects of Fire / Flood against you.

[O7]
Members
637 posts
9,661 battles

i always run prop mod on my battleships, you can negate alot more damage by simply accelerating or reversing

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,907 posts
3,964 battles

I am a DCP mod guy for the vast majority of my BBs. I probably could afford to skip it for propulsion or steering, but it's just been a course of habit.

For tier 10 specifically, I run DCP on all except Conqueror. I run steering on Conqueror because the legendary mod also gives a rudder shift boost, so the total shift time of Conq is insane.

For Montana specifically, I would stick with the DCP mod. Once you get the legendary mod, you can get your fire time down to around 30 seconds, which is very fun indeed. The only downside is you sacrifice a little bit of concealment. 

[WOLFG]
Members
25,575 posts
6,358 battles

I use it on GK. It might not be the wisest choice, but I can't stand how long it takes to get into a turn otherwise.

From playing rental Montana however, I don't think I'll need it. It seems to handle as well without the mod as GK with it.

[PRAVD]
Beta Testers
126 posts
2,003 battles

Honestly i dont have a problem dodging BB shells, as long as you start maneuvering as soon as they fire, you should be fine. Its the massive HE spam at tier 10 that im more concerned about. I faced a team with 3x harugumo + worcester + conq + yoshino + hindenburg today and it was the very definition of HE hell. With the number of times you get set on fire in a BB, i dont think i would ever take off damage control in favor of rudder shift or acceleration..

[CAST]
Members
4,793 posts
3,352 battles

I use steering gears on all my TX BBs. Without exception. I can't stand how sluggish they are. And honestly, I fear not being able to turn, smacking into torps or running aground, much more than fires.

On some BBs, I run propulsion, notably on the Hood.

Sign in to follow this