You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gyphon_GF

Hey all....Do me a favor and read this.

17 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
294 posts
16,664 battles

Lets talk about subs a minute and a little personal info about me and what drives me.

Personally as a DD main with five shy of eight thousand matches in DD's alone. I really feel like WG putting Subs in wont dramatically change my game from where it is now.

After dealing with radar that goes through land and damn near every ship having it......Then the consistent nerfing of dds..Bring on the CV revamp and how that changed the game for my favorite class even further and my dd play time has fallen to almost null.

Honestly....I'm no longer a big fan of destroyers because of what they have been turned into.

So lets take a look at responsibilities for a moment.....Destroyers will have to spot....will have to cap...Is largely responsible for anti dd duty while dodging aircraft...and radar.

Now add Subs to that list of things that I'm sure will be placed on the destroyers plate and I can promise you fewer people will be playing the class.

All this while WG continues to demonstrate disdain for the destroyer class overall... Yes new dds have just been added. That doesn't mean they are good. Their AA sucks, they don't have smoke and the torps leave a lot to be desired.

So will subs change my view much? Naaaaa....I don't think so as I'm finding it harder to hit the "Ready" button now to drop into a match. What's one more reason to not want to right....meh

I've been toying with the idea about not making any more vids. Just being honest here... I don't make money from them and just a couple people watch them. Anyone that creates video content knows about the time involved yet I just end up doing them because I want to and not because anyone including WG cares that I spend so much time in this game.... or making vids to help others and promote their game. (I have thousands of recorded matches on external drives...some edited..some not) Not exactly sure what I should do with them...hmm

Personally I wanted for the longest time to be a CC...but I don't think WG cares unless you are a streamer. That's understood I guess but not much I can do about it...so I just make the best vids I can. I think my caring enough to push down the path with becoming a CC as a beginning goal... I think that is ending. If I don't have a goal...I quickly lose interest. What I do from here remains to be seen. I'm a 53 year old disabled Navy vet.. I'll will find something else to occupy my time. I'm sure I'll find something soon as I have all day every day to devote to whatever it is... but rest assured I'm tired of spending all this time doing stuff for free.

So anyway...Back to Subs.

I'm sure the game will be fine....I'm sure the graphics will be amazing and I'm sure the game play will get figured out at some point.

Hang out ..Hang in there....let them do their thing and have faith....It will probably end up as being a fun class to play. If I'm around when it happens is another story.

Ya know.....I know a lot of you don't give a rats [edited]about me or my posts or my vids. I'm alright with that... just know I just try and help while having fun doing so. I appreciate all of you...like me or not. To me....you matter. Sorry for rambling on friends.

*Salute*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5brVYH2YJZw2PFisGoxzMw?view_as=subscriber 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[TRIST]
Members
384 posts
2,390 battles

Hey man, if it means anything, I really enjoy your vids! And yeah, subs shouldn't change the game too mich, especially if they're anything like the Halloween ones, dunno why people are afraid, they'll just be another neat class to the game. Also I hope you reach the CC goal soon! Hopefully WG will pay a bit more attention.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,612 posts
13,012 battles

My worry about subs is that it is going to be a train wreck trying to balance them. Imagine the CV rework issues times ten.

• Cool 2

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
294 posts
16,664 battles
19 minutes ago, Cheeezzy said:

Hey man, if it means anything, I really enjoy your vids! And yeah, subs shouldn't change the game too mich, especially if they're anything like the Halloween ones, dunno why people are afraid, they'll just be another neat class to the game. Also I hope you reach the CC goal soon! Hopefully WG will pay a bit more attention.

Ya know......That all means so much to me, The fact that anyone at all watches my work is very much appreciated regardless of my status ever changing  I honestly think that subs will just bring another dimension to a game that is trying its best to be a balance between a sim and an arcade game, I'm good with anything that moves the game forward.  Ty Cheez..appreciate ya man.

• Cool 2

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,622 posts
10,879 battles

Unlike the toxic fire that is the rework of CV's (that as a CV player really ticks me off, and as a tester more so as I pointed out many of the issues that have plagued DD's with the rework) Yeah, I see subs being at best minimum issue because really - they've been here all along.

A stealthy ship that can disappear fairly quick, generally slowing down as it does and relying on that stealth and it's torps as a main weapon? That's basically what DD's, namely IJN, have done since the game was made - fill the role Subs would generally fill. They shouldn't have dumb gimmicky torps like the event ones but really while they need to tweak things like RoF and all and how long some submerged the only non-specific issues that I had for subs in general, that would apply more to PvP than the PvE event, is that the aimpoint should be reversed. In the event submerged was narrower, while surfaced was wider - it should be narrower and more accurate on the surface and less accurate underwater. Submerging should be to escape (like a DD with smoke) or a means to get a bit closer and hope you sink it before you have to surface. They should honestly play closer to a DD, that just dives instead of using smoke and that generally, wants to be on the surface only diving when it needs to.

• Cool 1

[TRIST]
Members
384 posts
2,390 battles
6 hours ago, Gyphon_GF said:

Ya know......That all means so much to me, The fact that anyone at all watches my work is very much appreciated regardless of my status ever changing  I honestly think that subs will just bring another dimension to a game that is trying its best to be a balance between a sim and an arcade game, I'm good with anything that moves the game forward.  Ty Cheez..appreciate ya man.

Hey no problem man! Hopefully things get better for my DD friendos, I'm a BB main myself but I appreciate you guys alot! 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,379 posts
8 hours ago, Gyphon_GF said:

Lets talk about subs a minute and a little personal info about me and what drives me.

Personally as a DD main with five shy of eight thousand matches in DD's alone. I really feel like WG putting Subs in wont dramatically change my game from where it is now.

After dealing with radar that goes through land and damn near every ship having it......Then the consistent nerfing of dds..Bring on the CV revamp and how that changed the game for my favorite class even further and my dd play time has fallen to almost null.

Honestly....I'm no longer a big fan of destroyers because of what they have been turned into.

So lets take a look at responsibilities for a moment.....Destroyers will have to spot....will have to cap...Is largely responsible for anti dd duty while dodging aircraft...and radar.

Now add Subs to that list of things that I'm sure will be placed on the destroyers plate and I can promise you fewer people will be playing the class.

All this while WG continues to demonstrate disdain for the destroyer class overall... Yes new dds have just been added. That doesn't mean they are good. Their AA sucks, they don't have smoke and the torps leave a lot to be desired.

So will subs change my view much? Naaaaa....I don't think so as I'm finding it harder to hit the "Ready" button now to drop into a match. What's one more reason to not want to right....meh

I've been toying with the idea about not making any more vids. Just being honest here... I don't make money from them and just a couple people watch them. Anyone that creates video content knows about the time involved yet I just end up doing them because I want to and not because anyone including WG cares that I spend so much time in this game.... or making vids to help others and promote their game. (I have thousands of recorded matches on external drives...some edited..some not) Not exactly sure what I should do with them...hmm

Personally I wanted for the longest time to be a CC...but I don't think WG cares unless you are a streamer. That's understood I guess but not much I can do about it...so I just make the best vids I can. I think my caring enough to push down the path with becoming a CC as a beginning goal... I think that is ending. If I don't have a goal...I quickly lose interest. What I do from here remains to be seen. I'm a 53 year old disabled Navy vet.. I'll will find something else to occupy my time. I'm sure I'll find something soon as I have all day every day to devote to whatever it is... but rest assured I'm tired of spending all this time doing stuff for free.

So anyway...Back to Subs.

I'm sure the game will be fine....I'm sure the graphics will be amazing and I'm sure the game play will get figured out at some point.

Hang out ..Hang in there....let them do their thing and have faith....It will probably end up as being a fun class to play. If I'm around when it happens is another story.

Ya know.....I know a lot of you don't give a rats [edited]about me or my posts or my vids. I'm alright with that... just know I just try and help while having fun doing so. I appreciate all of you...like me or not. To me....you matter. Sorry for rambling on friends.

*Salute*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5brVYH2YJZw2PFisGoxzMw?view_as=subscriber 

7 hours ago, Cheeezzy said:

7 hours ago, Gyphon_GF said:

1 hour ago, Cheeezzy said:

Hey no problem man! Hopefully things get better for my DD friendos, I'm a BB main myself but I appreciate you guys alot! 

:Smile_great:I'm a subscriber myself hang in there dude :Smile_medal: And good Luck with the  CC  Goal

• Cool 2

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,319 battles

@Gyphon_GF Many people are reading too much into this and overthinking it. I seriously doubt subs will be added to any of the current random modes. They would have to be outrageously fanaticized in specifications to do so. It is ludicrous to even think that.

Special scenarios with both human and bot subs, special random modes with one team of all subs(wolf pack) and the other ASW ships protecting a convoy of cargo ships or formation of capital ships. The cargo/capital ships could be either bots, human controlled or a mix of both. They could also be controlled by one player to keep from having predictable bot patterns of movement.

But any sub of the eras covered by the game used in random fleet battles wouldn't stand a chance unless perhaps its torps had 100 km range. Spray and pray. Good luck with that.

• Cool 1

[TNG-2]
Members
1,140 posts
5,208 battles

Im going to play submarines and only hunt CV's to pay them back for the DD harm they have caused.

If no CV's in que, dump out and wait.

Only hunt Cvs. 

Their punishment must be more.......severe 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Members
2,138 posts
11,327 battles
On 8/17/2019 at 10:39 PM, BrushWolf said:

My worry about subs is that it is going to be a train wreck trying to balance them. Imagine the CV rework issues times ten.

Hey

I think your right; it will be a train wreck.  I mean carriers still suck from DD, to cruisers to BB.  I wish the carriers still had their unique drop patterns and for a DD, no rocket planes, those are ridiculous for a DD.  But with carriers; my interest is gone after the initial disaster that was Graf Zeppelin.  Just how is a BB supposed to counter a sub?  I mean, you can't even hardly deal damage to DD's anymore (8 HE hits from Conqueror at close range, immediately set 3 fires, he damaged controlled and sank me with torps because he stayed undetected, and now we are to deal with subs?)  More game unbalancing in action.  Did anyone say IFHE Nerf?

Pete

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,211 posts
12,766 battles

Having played subs in the Halloween events I doubt subs will be part of random or ranked battles.  Balancing is the issue.

Think of the stupidity contesting caps.  Radar detected, ill just submerge, can’t shoot me!  Same goes for surface spotting.  You basically need to completely overrun a cap to take it and on many maps that a bad idea because it limits your field of fire or exposes you too much.

Balancing sub and large ship integration should be amusing too.  It’s doubtful the sub will be permitted to stay submerged long enough for the final approach and enough time to sink a same tier BB.  The Dev had issue with OWSF and uncounterable game play.  However sub HP pools going by current models are unlikely to tank even a single good volley from a BB, even some CA might one shot them with HE.

I’ve seen a few posts about subs being good scouts since they are sneaky, and that part is true.  The part that limits that is the painfully limited view range when even surfaced.  

I see this as a real pain to balance.  Maybe they can pull it off, I don’t see much interest in grinding a T10 if you can use it in all modes.  I guess time will tell.

• Cool 3

[HEROS]
Members
1,887 posts
16,100 battles

Yep and read the stuff on the update for tomorrow a new tier X american DD coming in.. umm lots of guns... lots of torps...good range on the torps...excellent concealment.

recalling the upcoming IJN premium Tier X DD and going.   "Umm Um excuse me.. what gives?"   

And subs umm. yea like we don't have nuff to do as it is.  Well, on the bright side I'm expecting most (poor) BB players to transition to subs.. just say'n!  It's been a rough couple years for DD players and it's not getting any easier.. Definitely have days with major back strain from the amount of raw carryage I'm having to do at times..

And I'm no unicum.. I am good,, but not great.  Far too aggressive!

• Cool 1

[ARCO]
Members
736 posts
1,237 battles

As a DD main, I am happy to have subs and DDs have deep charges, not like the automatic system but OK.

What I am sure is that the number of instructions in chat for DDs (spot, cap, catch enemy DD) will increase, and I know already the answer: "ahorita vengo".

There should be more DDs per game as happened IRL

US Admiral Mitscher: "The ideal composition of a fast-carrier task force is four carriers, six to eight support vessels and not less than 18 destroyers, preferably 24."

Being 2DDs or even 1 per team means all task will no be complied and somebody would have to embrace himself and get from behind his island into battle to cap or spot.

[DBM]
Members
497 posts
7,584 battles
On 8/18/2019 at 12:10 AM, Gyphon_GF said:

Gyphon,

Please recognize that there are a lot more people who watch your vids than you know.  Those of us who play dds a lot appreciate all of you who spend your time and energy helping to make us better.  Just because we don't post anything to your vids doesn't mean that the knowledge wasn't valuable.

I've been working a bunch with Destroyer_KuroshioKai and he's put up with endless questions.  To pay him back just a little, I gifted him a few French containers (he was working on those at the time).  Just because WOWs doesn't appreciate your work doesn't mean that those of us who do can't give a little back.

• Cool 2

[THOR]
Members
377 posts
5,157 battles

Yes keep the videos coming. Enjoyed your Georgia and Alaska. Love it when you blap  a ship with that laugh.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
294 posts
16,664 battles

Hey all...

Sorry not to get back to this thread. 

I took a much needed 5 week break and today is the first I've been back and logged in.

First....Thanks to all of you that do watch my vids and it doesn't matter if you remark on them or not. If it helps in any way then I've done what I've set out to do.

again...thanks

I'm about to post a link to a Georgia match....don't think I posted it as I took a break rather sudden.

I will go on making vids...the quality of such is always in question but I'll post the best that I can at that moment. lol

*Salute*

• Cool 1