Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gin_Blossoms

I believe in second chances (tournament)

4 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Members
212 posts
1,452 battles

This thread is about two specific topics both rolled into one.  I had the opportunity to tune into the fight for flagship tournament today and I would like to express my gratitude to a return to nostalgia and a second chance at redemption, which I will explain later.

@Femennenly You wanted shout outs so here is mine. 

First things first, watching the streams today, there was some fun games and good plays.  I also learned a lot about positioning and hope to apply it to my own gameplay.  The Fight for Flagship tournament could serve several purposes;

1.  Improve interest (indirectly) to the Research Bureau as tier 8 ships looked fun to play again.

2.  Return to a Supremacy League style format that I used to watch.  This was in my opinion the best of all competitive formats.  Nostalgic soup!  The option to have bans was also a nice touch.

3.  Stagnation...by making one of the tournament formats something in other than tier 10...this also helped to be a bit more refreshing...again thank you.

As for redemption, I would like to nominate  @Quadrilus to be a Community Contributor.  Quad assisted in putting together a great tournament and wrote a very length rule guide...which was refreshing and unique to other game modes I have seen.  I do believe at one time he was being considered for a CC position but for some reason was not selected.  I would strongly ask that you reconsider.  He is critical to the community and a value added. 

In conclusion, give Fight for the Flagship tenure as a return to Supremacy League and give Quad a second chance at becoming a community contributor.  Everyone deserves a fair shot at redemption...lets get him into the program!

Edited by Gin_Blossoms
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[WGA]
Administrator
2,244 posts
14,692 battles

Heyo,

I’m glad you enjoyed the cast today and the overall tournament structure. Their Admin team did an amazing job putting it together and we are pleased we were able to host their finals and offer some prizing for the winners.

While Quad does an amazing job as part of the Tournament admin team, they fall within the Privateers program (which we are pleased to say - he is a part of). The Community Contributor program is for individuals creating written or media content relating to content within or incoming to the game. If and when Quad breaks into this content production, we’d welcome him to apply for the program.

Fem,

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[KSE]
Privateers
317 posts
11,179 battles
13 hours ago, Gin_Blossoms said:

This thread is about two specific topics both rolled into one.  I had the opportunity to tune into the fight for flagship tournament today and I would like to express my gratitude to a return to nostalgia and a second chance at redemption, which I will explain later.

@Femennenly You wanted shout outs so here is mine. 

First things first, watching the streams today, there was some fun games and good plays.  I also learned a lot about positioning and hope to apply it to my own gameplay.  The Fight for Flagship tournament could serve several purposes;

1.  Improve interest (indirectly) to the Research Bureau as tier 8 ships looked fun to play again.

2.  Return to a Supremacy League style format that I used to watch.  This was in my opinion the best of all competitive formats.  Nostalgic soup!  The option to have bans was also a nice touch.

3.  Stagnation...by making one of the tournament formats something in other than tier 10...this also helped to be a bit more refreshing...again thank you.

As for redemption, I would like to nominate  @Quadrilus to be a Community Contributor.  Quad assisted in putting together a great tournament and wrote a very length rule guide...which was refreshing and unique to other game modes I have seen.  I do believe at one time he was being considered for a CC position but for some reason was not selected.  I would strongly ask that you reconsider.  He is critical to the community and a value added. 

In conclusion, give Fight for the Flagship tenure as a return to Supremacy League and give Quad a second chance at becoming a community contributor.  Everyone deserves a fair shot at redemption...lets get him into the program!

Nice to hear! We definately wanted to try something a bit different, both with the tier and the structure of the event. The bans deffinately made for more varied and interesting gameplay and it was quite interesting to see the approach some teams took. Even led to some ships we honestly weren't expecting to see come out in the later rounds to counter the choices teams made in earlier rounds. 

There's a whole group that goes into making these events work. Quad is our back office magician and handled pretty much anything that involved making a list. @00duke was responsible for putting together the excellent stream overlays you saw on the various streams. @SeaRaptor00 is our liason with WG and helps keeps the rest of us on track when he's not busy being the "Voice of NA Tournaments." @_TheSneakySnake_ helps vet the rulesets and whatever else needs doing around the shop. Lastly @4_TRIDENT_4 and I handle tournament operations to make sure all goes smoothly on the day of the event. With the exception of Raptor (who is a CC thanks to his youtube and streaming work) the rest of us are Privateers and I personally thank WG for that. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,444 posts
10,783 battles
On 8/18/2019 at 10:26 AM, TheBigM145 said:

Nice to hear! We definately wanted to try something a bit different, both with the tier and the structure of the event. The bans deffinately made for more varied and interesting gameplay and it was quite interesting to see the approach some teams took. Even led to some ships we honestly weren't expecting to see come out in the later rounds to counter the choices teams made in earlier rounds. 

There's a whole group that goes into making these events work. Quad is our back office magician and handled pretty much anything that involved making a list. @00duke was responsible for putting together the excellent stream overlays you saw on the various streams. @SeaRaptor00 is our liason with WG and helps keeps the rest of us on track when he's not busy being the "Voice of NA Tournaments." @_TheSneakySnake_ helps vet the rulesets and whatever else needs doing around the shop. Lastly @4_TRIDENT_4 and I handle tournament operations to make sure all goes smoothly on the day of the event. With the exception of Raptor (who is a CC thanks to his youtube and streaming work) the rest of us are Privateers and I personally thank WG for that. 

Quad is definitely a part of what we do behind the scenes to pull these things together.  We have a pretty good team organizing events, and even though I'll be taking my leave of the group in another few months, they'll be in good shape to keep forging ahead with whatever they opt to run.

As for this particular event, I also enjoyed the ship ban process.  There are definite improvements we can make to it.  Like any event, after you've run one you start to find things you want to improve or do differently.  F4F is no different.  I can't say whether or not there will be another one, because trying to run player-created events right now is a complete nightmare.  But if there is another in the future, there's already a cadre of solid ideas to improve upon the concept.  I had a blast casting it, I hope everyone who got to come and play had as much fun as we did.  

Sign in to follow this