Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judder_K2

Researh Bureau: Common points missed in its construction

5 comments in this topic

[LBA]
Members
15 posts
2,321 battles

If WOW listened to the complaints within the forum about MM, Potato teams, recognition for good players amongst other complaints, they should have tried to include some fix within the outlined Research Bureau.

Damage not wins should have been the main point of recognition for good play. Good play would be recognised for what it is and rewarded. How many of you have had a really good game yet not won. The new Bureau should have been about recognising those players who have achieved the peak of this game and then set another target to achieve.

It could have been constructed around or like the present CLAN battle structure of having different levels and a progression route to each.

As stated earlier it would be based on damage dealt out and could go something like this:

1/ You would not even score experience points unless you cause damage equal to or greater to your own ship. Or even up to 125%. You would have to get into the battle and get good or be left behind in the Potato league.

2/ MM at +1/-1

It would remove lesser players and give recognition to those of better skill in a higher league.

It can also be used to find an elite class of player as it can be use again with higher levels of damage needed to advance to each new level. The Supreme players league.

I'm just a potato player but I'd like to see some continuation of this game and not a slow decline to an abrupt end.

If you like this idea talk to WOW if you don't then it's just an idea that people can complain over. LOL

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,272 battles

@Judder_K2 you totally miss the point of the RB. It is not for anyone gaining any recognition. It is voluntary for those who have 5 or more tech tree lines completed to tier 10. They can reset in other words sell back the whole line from tier 1 to 10 and then research and purchase the ships back. Then the tiers 6 to 10 can earn special tokens for a victory to use in the armory. They can reset a line as often as they like. It can be done at not cost but there will always be some that will waste their money on it.

The target to achieve is a new premium ship.

Recognition for goals met are already present in the form of campaigns, missions and events.

There will be no skill based MM no matter how convoluted you ask for it. MM makes teams only using ship type and tiers, works fine and needs no change. 

Also there is an elite class of players already. Those who achieve Rank 1 in ranked battles. They are eligible to play in a league made up of only ranked out players.

With 2000 battles unless you have 5 or more lines completed to tier 10 you have nothing to be concerned about.

You can talk to WG yourself in a support ticket or message WG Staff members.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
892 posts
6,819 battles

The RB is not for recognition, it is a silver and FXP (doubloons for converting XP to FXP) sink.

The medals, emblems, whatever, or whatever they are called recognize people who do really well in their ships.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,272 battles

@MasterDiggs it is only a money pit if you choose it to be. If I see that I might have to put money in it I will let it be even though I have millions XP to be converted. That balance will continue to climb until it breaks the counter.

[PVE]
Members
892 posts
6,819 battles

That's true, it will probably end up not costing me a thing since I am not interested in selling a ship I enjoy just to do it's stock grind again and I won't miss not having the rewards.

Thinking about it though, I usually earn enough silver through a grind to fund the next ship unless I spend it on a different ship.

Sign in to follow this