You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CorradoG60

What Do I Have To Do To Get A Good Team

23 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
722 posts
5,395 battles

Before I even start this post I want to make it crystal clear I am by no means a super unicum Flamu/Flambass player. I am middle of the road average.

The last few months have been nothing but epic fail potatoes battle after battle. I can understand tier 5/6/7 but once you get to tier 8/9/10 the quality of the player should get better?

The first 2 minutes of the game a DD a cruiser and a BB are already dead! How is it possible that I am some sort of magnet for terribad players. I go 10+ battles before a win.

Last tier X battle we had a Montana parkbehind an island and never moved 5km from that spot. He got 2nd to last on the battle results screen.

I just don't understand how it's almost a rout every single battle and the red team just steamrolls through?

Maybe it's time to take a break because this is no fun in any way shape or form.

If someone has some idea why this keeps happening let me know. I know "git gud" and "carry harder" etc, etc.

Members
3,004 posts
10,951 battles

Just dont worry about MM.

Try to improve, then consistently perform to the best of your abilities.

I looked at your stats. You play just fine. Just dont let the psychological parts get to you. 

If need be, take a break. Flush your mind of WoWs things.

• Boring 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,802 posts
5,814 battles
6 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

I can understand tier 5/6/7 but once you get to tier 8/9/10 the quality of the player should get better?

Nah, there's not that much difference between mid and high tier player skills imho. The game has been out long enough that even horrible players have had plenty of time to fail their way to tier 10.

Random is random. All one can do is play to the best of their abilities, and hope the matchmaker gives a team that can be worked with. You win some you lose some. When I have a really bad streak of losses, I find that putting the game down for a few days or weeks helps recharge my sanity.

Some common tips is to avoid playing when there's a school vacation, when a new tech tree line comes out, when there's a 200% xp event, and when it's weekends. But ultimately it's all down to the whims of RNG matchmaker.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,319 battles

@CorradoG60 Don't ever expect quality of play to be better in any tier. Just because a player has high tier premiums or tier 10s means nothing.

The only way you will see better teams is to demand from WG and they comply with making the game exactly as you want and make everyone play exactly the way you want them to.

Don't hold your breath.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,595 posts
13,007 battles

I suggest sacrificing a virgin. That is if you can find one in this day and age.

:Smile_hiding:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,192 posts
53 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

How is it possible that I am some sort of magnet for terribad players.

The constitution of your team, unless you participate in Clan Wars or a Division, is up to chance. However, the better you, yourself, play, the more likely it is that the team will do well. This isn't a "get gud" spiel, you actually have better stats than me, but what I've learned from experience. The better I get at the game the more consistently I win games. It doesn't hurt to drive a ship that you just "grok" either. A few days ago someone gave me a Massachusetts. With it I have these stats, though they are quite a bit higher than my overall stats.

image.png.dd60bba4e62f536294aadf5d79b74479.png

What I've been learning too from watching some of the really good players is to take advantage of situations. In the game, you will always get some player who whines "you stole my kill!" However, the really good players know that any ship still afloat is a danger to the team. This is why the good players target and remove low-health ships from the enemy team and usually get Krakens in the process.

The good players also try to do as much total damage to as many ships as as possible too. This isn't "farming damage" but a legitimate strategy. The more fires you set, the more that the enemy will lose overall hit-points and the more they will have to use their repair consumables. Set a fire, watch the enemy ship put it out, set another one and then move on to the next ship. Not only do you have damage ticking up as you fire at another ship, your team also can cause even more damage but setting more fires, and that HE "spam" is going to help your CVs by taking out the enemy's AA potential.

It's been my experience that all the many derogatory remarks that people in games make to other players are actually indications of them doing the right things to win. For instance, "camper" probably indicates that a player is using cover and concealment wisely if his stats are halfway decent. And don't listen to those who are whining that you need to push into a cap or come to the front and tank damage in your BB if you are set up so that you can cover it from cover and concealment. Those who yolo in are usually going to get taken out. With a DD, I don't go into a cap, no matter how much the team whines, until I see that they are set up to sufficiently cover it. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,560 posts
9,898 battles
1 hour ago, CorradoG60 said:

Before I even start this post I want to make it crystal clear I am by no means a super unicum Flamu/Flambass player. I am middle of the road average.

The last few months have been nothing but epic fail potatoes battle after battle. I can understand tier 5/6/7 but once you get to tier 8/9/10 the quality of the player should get better?

The first 2 minutes of the game a DD a cruiser and a BB are already dead! How is it possible that I am some sort of magnet for terribad players. I go 10+ battles before a win.

Last tier X battle we had a Montana parkbehind an island and never moved 5km from that spot. He got 2nd to last on the battle results screen.

I just don't understand how it's almost a rout every single battle and the red team just steamrolls through?

Maybe it's time to take a break because this is no fun in any way shape or form.

If someone has some idea why this keeps happening let me know. I know "git gud" and "carry harder" etc, etc.

When I used to play golf I had a friend who was a very good golfer I was not . I would hit a shot in the woods and it would be OB he would hit the same shot in the woods and it would kick back into the middle of the fairway .

This happened time and time again finally I said after 2 years of this wth .

He said this to me and I never forgot it . " Good players get good breaks and bad players get bad breaks '  I never forgot that genius .

Edited by clammboy

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,541 posts
18,067 battles
2 hours ago, CorradoG60 said:

I have no idea why you would think that as the 8/9/10 guys are just the 5/6/7 guys who have failed their way to the top.

[PRNA]
Members
502 posts
5,306 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I suggest sacrificing a virgin. That is if you can find one in this day and age.

:Smile_hiding:

That's fine. He can borrow a few of mine I have stored in my basement.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
3,228 posts
23,925 battles

I know the struggle all too well. Tonight was a perfect example. I was lucky enough to be in a strong division and even so, we were incapable of carrying a win. It was hilarious, at the beginning of the match I challenged the dds to stay alive for more than 5 minutes and all three died before 4. 

[B_Y_F]
Members
447 posts
10,706 battles
4 hours ago, CorradoG60 said:

If someone has some idea why this keeps happening let me know. I know "git gud" and "carry harder" etc, etc

You answer yourself. That's unfortunate, but MM is random so only you can be the difference maker. 

Fortunately, this doesn't means you can only improve your own ship play.  Try to provide info to your team in the chat is a surprisingly good way to improve your team. And you can do this even you already dead. Call target like boardsiding CA busy using their radar, ask CV to scouts a dd, warn a BB there might be torpedoes incoming in a rare angle or call DD back when you realize a radar ship nearby. Share map awareness with the team win me many game. You will be surprised how many players just need a little bit help to be great helper. 

Yes, some players will never listen. Some will even argue back and assault you in the chat. But I found most players even not act as you suggested will try use your info in good way, and you increase your teams win probability. 

[-RNG-]
Members
225 posts
6,657 battles

OP your luck is as good as mine has been. Logged off last night after 8 straight losses. I had a kraken sunk 6 ships and we BARELY won tonight. I feel your pain my man. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,114 posts
15,538 battles

no matter how good you are, you can have bad day or bad bote.  I tend to do poorly in damage farming ship.  had heck of time with yugumo with WR even though my stats are above average by some amount.   Don't let it bother you and keep playing,    it does help if you spend enough to get into diamond level membership though :cap_haloween:

[0456]
Members
450 posts
8,839 battles
12 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

try Costco

[YORHA]
Members
4,551 posts
8,734 battles
26 minutes ago, y_vonne said:

try Costco

Or any successful COD Streamer...

[WOLFG]
Members
25,647 posts
6,372 battles
14 hours ago, CorradoG60 said:

I can understand tier 5/6/7 but once you get to tier 8/9/10 the quality of the player should get better?

I would only expect it if it's the player's first time going up the tree.

What you're running into isn't so much newbies to high tiers that don't know any better, as experienced players who don't care to know any better.

Only the bad players who have credit issues and won't buy permacamo have reason to avoid high tiers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,595 posts
13,007 battles
4 hours ago, y_vonne said:

try Costco

Or Sam's Club, they both sell everything. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[OO7]
Members
3,846 posts
9,054 battles

Higher tiers are more punishing which also means better players have higher carry capacity.

Especially when top tier, which happens obviously the most at TX, it means games snowball faster - good players can do more and relatively speaking.

[WOLF2]
Members
425 posts
7,808 battles

Well eventually, even the bad players will fail their way upwards.  :Smile_trollface: