You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
barbaroja_Ar

PTS is just broken

55 comments in this topic

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
818 posts
16,095 battles

Aftert this

image.thumb.png.7694fe9e875543066642d3b876512ebc.png

You get this

image.thumb.png.c18990a467a5d6fb0914f91a17c7e4e5.png

4 humans and all bots!

So what's the point of making the F*****G battles (and a win) to get the Research Tokens RANDOM!!!???? IF ALL YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE IS BOTS EITHER SIDE

5 attempts to win a single tier 6 battle Farragut, Seems green bots are dumber the red bots, all battles are lost by 4/5 ships

Damn the moment i tried to help testing this.

Really pissed off

REALLY WG, We are trying to help you avoid another 8.0, you are just not helping

Just to ilustrate

image.thumb.png.a749c8201d3c35faa4e57ae00a00793a.pngimage.thumb.png.aa03e1937b687699041d17f9bf715bb5.png

image.png

EDITED

This is sad, i wanted to test the new NTC / RB, sold a line, the US DDs

The first ship you can really earn a research toke is the Farragut. I was toss in all (or at most 4 humans) bots batlles and lucky me got not a single win.

Spend (invested would be if I achieved the goal) a lot of time for nothing.

EDIT 2: Adding insult to injury. Tick is still running on 39:14

image.thumb.png.5e1b51dff670ec83804102cf1af5f008.png

EDIT 3 - At least it´s a reliable connection!! After dinner

image.thumb.png.ed47daeb01bafb225fb27da393865625.png

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles

Calm your rage.

This is happening because:

1) Clan battles are on, and

2) Ranked battles are on, and

3) People are pushing to finish a major grind, and

4) We've had two PTS phases for this patch already, and people might not even realise there's a third.

The PTS is never all that well populated in the first place. Unfortunately there's a perfect storm going on at the moment to make things even worse.

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles

They COULD provide really nice incentives for playing the PTS, but they don’t really care if anyone plays it. They don’t really want your feedback. They want credit for providing an OPPORTUNITY to participate. But WG gonna do what WG do. 

• Cool 3

[YORHA]
Members
4,537 posts
8,704 battles

How is people not playing on the PTS server WG's fault again?

• Cool 2

[SOFOP]
Members
1,650 posts
11,140 battles

They can only do so much to get players to play the test server without incurring unacceptable losses of revenue on the live server....

In their eyes, they are getting the data they need for the price they wish to pay.

• Cool 1

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

They can only do so much to get players to play the test server without incurring unacceptable losses of revenue on the live server....

In their eyes, they are getting the data they need for the price they wish to pay.

Which is zero, and zero. 

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

unacceptable losses of revenue on the live server....

Whut?

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

See my post above yours. 

• Boring 1

Members
2,989 posts
10,940 battles
4 minutes ago, Thornir said:

They COULD provide really nice incentives for playing the PTS, but they don’t really care if anyone plays it. They don’t really want your feedback. They want credit for providing an OPPORTUNITY to participate. But WG gonna do what WG do. 

Providing incentives, for something they dont care about; doesnt make much sense.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,698 posts
10,542 battles
3 minutes ago, Thornir said:

If players don't realise the importance of taking a look at what's coming, that is THEIR fault for not taking an interest. THEIRS. Not Wargaming's. Just what the hell do you want WG to give out, anyway?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,272 battles

@barbaroja_Ar Yes it is! At least you got a battle. I have tried many times since Thursday to get a random with no luck. Submit a support ticket.

@Gneisenau013 Fix the problem or I expect there will be fewer testers next PT session.

Totally unacceptable.

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If players don't realise the importance of taking a look at what's coming, that is THEIR fault for not taking an interest. THEIRS. Not Wargaming's. Just what the hell do you want WG to give out, anyway?

WG needs the data to do their due diligence and test their product. The alternative is live beta testing, AKA the CV rework. WG holds all the cards. they NEED us in the PTS to reach reliable conclusions, and THEY schedule multiple events at the same time as the PTS, not us. 

When they do a PTS, the rewards ought to be epic. People should have to wait in line to get in, and want to play it in spite of all the stuff they have going on on the live server. THEN we know WG will get meaningful data, and lots of input, and will have no excuses for doing [edited] stuff like the RB that no one asked for.

• Boring 2

[TROLO]
Members
476 posts
8,648 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Calm your rage.

4) We've had two PTS phases for this patch already, and people might not even realise there's a third.

The PTS is never all that well populated in the first place. Unfortunately there's a perfect storm going on at the moment to make things even worse.

as someone that put aside the grinds and daily bonuses to play PTS and give proper feedback to WG Although they do whatever they want  I can assure you that if playing PTS gave proper rewards most people would play it. Even just letting try the new ships (French DDs now) would boost massively the PTS playerbase as is proved in WoT PTS. Phase 1 was decent, phase 2 was literally every single game with no more than 5 players per team and phase 3 is 2 to 5 humans and all bots in the mix, not exactly great conditions to test anything...

Edited by XurMP
typo
  • Cool 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
818 posts
16,095 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Calm your rage.

Not actually rage.

It´s frustration.

Back in beta, tests were planned and on certain schedules to guarantee minimum participation. Not anymore

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
818 posts
16,095 battles
1 minute ago, XurMP said:

as someone that put aside the grinds and daily bonuses to play PTS and give proper feedback to WG Although they do whatever they want  I can assure you that if playing PTS gave proper rewards most people would play it. Even just letting try the new ships (French DDs now) would boost massively the PTS playerbase as is proved my WoT PTS. Phase 1 was decent, phase 2 was literally every single game with no more than 5 players per team and phase 3 is 2 to 5 humans and all bots in the mix, not exactly great conditions to test anything...

Completely agree

They said they wanted us to test Italian ships which are behind the regrind (NTC/RB) so me at least was unable to test nothing. not even get 1 single ship regrinded!!!

COMPLETE FRUSTRATION

• Boring 1

[TROLO]
Members
476 posts
8,648 battles
6 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Completely agree

They said they wanted us to test Italian ships which are behind the regrind (NTC/RB) so me at least was unable to test nothing. not even get 1 single ship regrinded!!!

COMPLETE FRUSTRATION

I rested my Z-52 just to see what it looked like but nothing else, dedicated all my time to see how the new AA works (we literally lose more then 70% of the flak across almost all ships with mid range aura because reasons) and not even looked at the Italian Cruisers after doing the math, selling Z and Haru so many times would be just painful and time consuming as hell...

Edited by XurMP
typing on phone with broken screen is hard

[YORHA]
Members
4,537 posts
8,704 battles
25 minutes ago, Thornir said:

See my post above yours. 

I'll see you and raise you Ensign_Cthulhu's first post.  

Even when CVs were first introduced there was never more that 500 people from all over the world on the server.  Incentives have nothing to do with it.

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I'll see you and raise you Ensign_Cthulhu's first post.  

Even when CVs were first introduced there was never more that 500 people from all over the world on the server.  Incentives have nothing to do with it.

What incentive was associated with the CV rollout on the PTS? The chance to play them? Really?

[SALVO]
Members
23,388 posts
24,003 battles
40 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Well, they might get more people to play the PTS if they did more to entice them to play on the PTS.

Face it.  When there are events happening on the live server, why would anyone want to play on the PTS server and give up their grinding time on those events?  Clan Battles or PTS?  Ranked Battles or PTS?  French DD directives or PTS?  And so on.  It's a no brainer.  There's quite literally no reason to play on the PTS when it means giving up working on existing events and such.

[SALVO]
Members
23,388 posts
24,003 battles
9 minutes ago, Thornir said:

What incentive was associated with the CV rollout on the PTS? The chance to play them? Really?

Actually, Thornir, for some people that might have been one of the better reasons to play on the PTS in a long while, given how anticipated the CV rework was for so long.

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Actually, Thornir, for some people that might have been one of the better reasons to play on the PTS in a long while, given how anticipated the CV rework was for so long.

yes, perhaps because there are ZERO meaningful incentives.

[SALVO]
Members
23,388 posts
24,003 battles
1 minute ago, Thornir said:

yes, perhaps because there are ZERO meaningful incentives.

I don't think that there's anything short of cold, hard cash that they could  give me to get me to play PTS. 

Members
2,847 posts
6,470 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I don't think that there's anything short of cold, hard cash that they could  give me to get me to play PTS. 

They could try. They could try a million different things. But they don't. Because it doesn't really matter.

• Boring 1

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
940 posts
8,193 battles

I was in that battle. I was in the Trento. I see that all day. It is better than having 1v1 though. Especially since I’m trying to test out the Trento and see how it does in a team rather than 1 on 1.