Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beauregard23

0 for 35 on French Containers, what if....

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

97
[TAW]
Members
160 posts
17,020 battles

during future early tech tree ship events you did something akin to a bad beat jackpot in poker.  If a person's INITIAL dropless streak goes 25 or 30 containers they automatically get the t7 ship.  That way someone getting a run of bad luck won't feel so bad and instead will start rooting for more misses.  Would improve player morale on this considerably.  Would seem like a player WG win win.  

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,035
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,303 posts
12,008 battles

I lost count, but I finally got a French DD mission this week. I had given up and spent all my French DD event tokens on other options lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,448
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,829 posts
8 minutes ago, Beauregard23 said:

during future early tech tree ship events you did something akin to a bad beat jackpot in poker.  If a person's INITIAL dropless streak goes 25 or 30 containers they automatically get the t7 ship.  That way someone getting a run of bad luck won't feel so bad and instead will start rooting for more misses.  Would improve player morale on this considerably.  Would seem like a player WG win win.  

Because then they might as well just give anyone who tries, a trophy.  If you are guaranteed to win, from WGings perspective, it would be better for them to just make it a normal grind event.

Sometimes in life you win and sometimes you lose.  When playing games of chance, losing is a possibility.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[USCC]
[USCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
260 posts
17,845 battles

Oo all directives done and no ship!!!that was my worst lucky from alpha..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
746
[VETSN]
Members
1,031 posts

I just completed the twitch mission for 4 crates and got the tier 5 mission, which will push me over the edge for tokens... so I have the option to blow 30k dubs on the Mogador...  😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,080
[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,805 posts
4,594 battles
7 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

When playing games of chance, losing is a possibility.

Seems to me that someone who burns through 35 containers has already lost. 

Such a policy would boost morale, true, but it also would encourage the acquisition of more containers.  Win-win.

I'd suggest a T5 instead of a T7, though.

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,083
[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

They are banking on you getting frustrated and spending real money on free ships...   just like Every game developer, they know there are those that they can exploit due to their impatience and  " HAVE TO HAVE IT"  mentality .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,448
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,829 posts
10 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Seems to me that someone who burns through 30 containers has already lost. 

Such a policy would boost morale, true, but it also would encourage the acquisition of more containers.  Win-win.

I'd suggest a T5 instead of a T7, though.

 

Right but if everyone wins in the end, WG might as well just make it a normal grind event and put the reward at the end.  That way they get their player play time out of it. 

The only advantage to the free crates is that you might get what you want early.  If you take away the chance of not getting what you want at all, people will just start complaining about grind events and having to do the whole event to get the reward.

If everyone gets what they want, one way or the other, there is no upside for WG to offer the free crates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,080
[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,805 posts
4,594 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

if everyone wins,

How does everyone win?  Only those who have acquired N failed crates would get a T5. 

Moreover, with early access, players aren't shooting for a Tier V that lets them skip a short, protected grind.  In a significant way, the award of a T5 is still a Fail.

I'm not decided on the crate vs. grind question.  But so long as it is crates, then the proposal makes some sense.

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,448
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,829 posts
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

How does everyone win?  Only those who have acquired N failed crates would get a T5. 

Moreover, with early access, players aren't shooting for a Tier V that lets them skip a short, protected grind.  In a significant way, the award of a T5 is still a Fail.

I'm not decided on the crate vs. grind question.  But so long as it is crates, then the proposal makes some sense.

 

If everyone is guaranteed the reward if they make the "full run", the chance to get the reward early, only provides an advantage for the player and a disadvantage for WG.

If everyone is guaranteed the reward if they make the "full run", it is better for WG to just require the "full run" to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[GOOF]
Members
439 posts
4,841 battles
23 minutes ago, Burnsy said:



Sometimes in life you win and sometimes you lose.  When playing games of chance, losing is a possibility.

   Some are born to sing the blues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,112
[KWF]
Members
3,732 posts
5,381 battles

For Premium Containers, sure would be a good consolation prize. For freebies no good imo. It's all RNG bottom line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
719 posts

took too long to get the Jag, should make that odds better that one. leave as is for the higher ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[WHARF]
Members
185 posts
15,006 battles
2 hours ago, Beauregard23 said:

during future early tech tree ship events you did something akin to a bad beat jackpot in poker.  If a person's INITIAL dropless streak goes 25 or 30 containers they automatically get the t7 ship.  That way someone getting a run of bad luck won't feel so bad and instead will start rooting for more misses.  Would improve player morale on this considerably.  Would seem like a player WG win win.  

Not how gambling works

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[HELLS]
Members
2,387 posts
23,441 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I lost count, but I finally got a French DD mission this week. I had given up and spent all my French DD event tokens on other options lol.

I got a mission for Guépard in the last container when I finished the Stage and got Siroco. That is it for me. Might get one more but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[BAND]
Beta Testers
34 posts
12,870 battles

Once again another [edited] container scam lol 21 premium and 15 dabloom containers and nothing ... I think i might take up gambling .. oh what i am ... only i get nothing..

 

told myself last even no more buying containers  and i didnt ... leason learned!! this is a great free game THEE end! 

grats to all the people that got stuff

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[EXP]
Members
58 posts
7,101 battles

Same with me. There is more of a chance to win the lotto twice in a row than get a mission from those containers. I bought a bunch of premium ones - nothing. Several of the regular ones...nothing. Im beginning to believe there are NO missions in those containers at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[TAW]
Members
160 posts
17,020 battles
4 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Right but if everyone wins in the end, WG might as well just make it a normal grind event and put the reward at the end.  That way they get their player play time out of it. 

The only advantage to the free crates is that you might get what you want early.  If you take away the chance of not getting what you want at all, people will just start complaining about grind events and having to do the whole event to get the reward.

If everyone gets what they want, one way or the other, there is no upside for WG to offer the free crates.

I disagree, these aren't premium ships I'm talking about, I don't think anyone is "entitled" to a premium ship, but these are simply tech tree ships and getting a t5 tech tree ship isn't exactly a big "win".  Plus,, not everyone will put in the time, effort or money to get 30 crates so not everyone is guaranteed a win but for those that do I don't think a t5 tech tree ship is out of line.  And I said a t7 after 30 misses because just a t5 wouldn't add any excitement as a hit or miss would be the same but the chance to jump up to 7 would change a long losing streak into an exciting root for more misses.  Don't you think more people would buy 30 crate bundles as opposed to 10 or 20, if they knew they were guaranteed to get something or someone who hadn't planned on buying any crates but missed the first 20 earned crates and didn't have time to do more might be inclined to buy 10 knowing they will get something for sure and have a shot at nabbing a 7.  And the carrot of the t8 is still out there so it won't interfere with those buying crates to try to get that.  The number of people that actually miss on 30 crates and being inclined to buy more would seem very miniscule to me.  I think this is something that would make players happier and make WG more money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,448
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,829 posts
10 minutes ago, Beauregard23 said:

I disagree, these aren't premium ships I'm talking about, I don't think anyone is "entitled" to a premium ship, but these are simply tech tree ships and getting a t5 tech tree ship isn't exactly a big "win". 

They are early access ships.  WG makes a decent amount of money off people who don't want to wait for the line to be released to everyone, and want to spend money to get a jump start. 

They did give a guaranteed reward in the event, the T5 premium DD. 

A free premium ship for everyone, is a pretty nice reward. I don't blame them for not giving away early access to the line ship, in yet another guarantee on top of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,027 posts
4,921 battles
6 hours ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

They are banking on you getting frustrated and spending real money on free ships...   just like Every game developer, they know there are those that they can exploit due to their impatience and  " HAVE TO HAVE IT"  mentality .

Fair point.

In my opinion, it is better to wait for the line to open up and then grind it from there, taking advantage of Free EXP boosts using doubloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,426 battles

It's a matter of expectations. Wouldn't hurt to publish the chances of getting a DD mission for a regular container vs a premium container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,426 battles

BTW - 0/2 (bought one premium, one regular box). Also earned 26 regular boxes (and have 2 DD missions, but am 0/18 since then).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
297 posts
8,457 battles

Well, I've gotten as many Containers as I can in this event. (don't play CVs) Out of 26 containers opened, zero French DD missions. But I have the Siroco so I'll just start grinding once 0.8.7 drops. It's the first time I haven't received even one mission during a new line event, so I'm thinking that Wargaming really lowered the odds of getting containers this time around. We'll have to see if this trend continues with the Italian CAs or maybe the event odds were just an aberration this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,021 posts
2,887 battles
18 hours ago, dashtardly said:

It's a matter of expectations. Wouldn't hurt to publish the chances of getting a DD mission for a regular container vs a premium container.

If the US legislation passes as it was originally introduced, game companies would be required to publish the odds of each random element in a purchaseable container. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×