Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

MA Early Game Push - T10

2 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
5,224 posts
16,407 battles

I've showed how a Biz can push early in T10 and make an impact.  Now here's an MA push.  Note the similar dynamic to the Biz push.  A nice rock in the middle for some safety.  I pretty much get to be the point man for the push.  But the beauty of MA is it's a brawler and can do this.  Not all BBs are designed for this kind of action.

Get to go Mano mano against a GK at 4km.  Well, he has to bow my friendly GK, giving me advantage.  And my T10 CA back support is superb, as is our harassing DD.   Once the GK is dispatched, we get to focus the remaining ships on our flank, then foll the reds left to right.

A subtle minor miscue...shortly after the GK is dispatched I decide to begin a new push at the same time a friendly Salem is pushing on my port side for the rock on my starboard side.  Realizing his objective, I had to go full reverse and abort my push to avoid the bump as well as give him a vector to the rock.  He needed the rock (that Jean Bart still had some bite) more than I needed to push.  The transition made for a good side by side pic.

Edit:  A bit of big picture strategy/tactics.  I didn't notice when I was engaged in the west, and didn't get a good picture until I saw the video.  We had an FDG held up at the B cap against a DD and flanking Reds.  In his world, he was in a a tough spot.  DD ahead behind the rock.  Flanking BBs.  No help.  Looking for a Salem to flush the DD.  I fully understand his salt.   I've been there too.  And would have been a bit salty as well.  But to our Salems' credit, they too had their hands full helping the west flank focus down two BBS and roll up the flank.  Our FDG got pretty much messed up, and didn't come out very well score wise.  But I give him credit...he delayed a superior force...held the best he could, and got rolled.  But not in vane.  His frustrating experience bought us the time needed, and the team used it for a pretty solid win.  Sometimes, in your world, you're all alone against overwhelming odds.  As long as the other greens are pushing their advantage to overcome your disadvantage...all can turn out good for the team...even if it turns out bad for you.  

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[RLGN]
Members
12,230 posts
21,940 battles

Sigh, you alway post cool looking stuff when I’m at work and can’t watch it right away! :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this