Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Necronomicon1

passive teams

12 comments in this topic

[APEXI]
Members
25 posts
7,613 battles

HI would love an answer from the WG team but will probaly not get it, So my question is what in the game is it that matches you with passive teams over ,over, over and over again. And NO its not that im unlucky with the MM when its a constant thing you might win 1or2 games out of 20 every day i logg on .It has becomeso bad that im thinking thats its  not worth paying for premium anymore cus its pointless .The benefit from premium is wasted when you lose  pretty much all games u play 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
12,382 posts

Grab some buddies and div up so you can always have teammates you can rely on. This can sometimes embolden your other teammates to also push.

[BOTO]
Members
1,004 posts
13,078 battles
8 minutes ago, Necronomicon1 said:

HI would love an answer from the WG team but will probaly not get it, So my question is what in the game is it that matches you with passive teams over ,over, over and over again. And NO its not that im unlucky with the MM when its a constant thing you might win 1or2 games out of 20 every day i logg on .It has becomeso bad that im thinking thats its  not worth paying for premium anymore cus its pointless .The benefit from premium is wasted when you lose  pretty much all games u play 

Work on improving your play and try not to worry about what the rest of your team is doing.  You can't control your teammates play but you can control your own.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
7,802 posts
5,884 battles

Because good players know that the way to win is to wait for the other guy to make a mistake and punish them for it.

Everyone copies because that is what people do (copy success).  It doesn't work for everyone.

[APEXI]
Members
25 posts
7,613 battles

The thing is 9 out 10 games the enemy team is the agressive one and wins .I dont care about how ppl play ive started to treat every1 as a Co-op ai so i dont throw my computer out of the window . Just want to know why its a constant thing with thes passive teams ,would love to be matched with the agressive team sometimes 

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
3,525 posts
17,315 battles
26 minutes ago, Necronomicon1 said:

The thing is 9 out 10 games the enemy team is the agressive one and wins .I dont care about how ppl play ive started to treat every1 as a Co-op ai so i dont throw my computer out of the window . Just want to know why its a constant thing with thes passive teams ,would love to be matched with the agressive team sometimes 

because numpties see good players in back, but they dont understand that they are constantly shooting and hitting the red ships. the numpties hide behind islands and dont fire, thus you lose. the secret is to be one of the former.

Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,847 battles

@Necronomicon1 MM uses only ship type and tier and nothing else. Random is random get use to it. No skills are nor will they be considered.

Passive play is reportable in a support ticket with replay as rigging a battle. Use it.

WG will tell you the same.

[SALVO]
Members
23,801 posts
24,399 battles
51 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Because good players know that the way to win is to wait for the other guy to make a mistake and punish them for it.

Everyone copies because that is what people do (copy success).  It doesn't work for everyone.

Agreed, Holmes.  The problem is that the good players know why they're doing what they do, and know when to move on to doing something else during that battle, but the lesser players don't understand this.    If they're hiding behind a low island because they've seen some good players do it, they never seem to move from that island and treat it like they're married to it or something.  They don't recognize when it's time to move, at least not soon enough.  Some will move, but only when the battle has gotten well out of their gun range.  But the good players will understand WHEN it's time to move to a new location.  And that's just one example.

• Cool 1

Members
45 posts
604 battles

Well, I'm a Noob in WoWS - but have about the same number of games in WoT that you have in WoWS...  My guess is that the patterns of gameplay are somewhat similar...

• As you move up the tier ladder the warships become more effective, they camo better, the captains are better, and their weapons are better - more dangerous and more accurate.  And, don't forget that the players are better.
  • If you take the same lane to a Tier VIII skirmish that you take to a Tier V skirmish you will get spotted and you will get dead.  So, the lane of advance is more 'conservative' even for those who are more aggressive.
  • Many times you might - on a quick look - see some 'slug' slummin' the back row doing nothing.  Sometimes that is a VERY GOOD player flexing to the other side of the map.  Other times, not so much.
  • Good players will use hard cover (islands) and soft cover (smoke) to 'go dark' before relocating to take an advantaged shot.  Bad players in the same situation do not keep their guns hot.
  • Bad players will hump an island to stay alive, run the red line to avoid a clash, and fire unaimed rounds kinda defensively.  
  • Good players will try to remain unspotted when they cannot fire, will flex to where needed, and will shoot to kill.

Sometimes a good player looks like some Tomato floating around in the bowl - but a minute later changes the game.  You might not see it.  I embarrassed myself in a tank game by calling out a Bluenicum for passive play.  All he said in chat was "Watch the replay", "Watch the replay", etc..  I did.  Dude flexed the map, controlled what he could control, and took guns out of the game.  We did not win - but, it was not because of him.  Now I just play my slightly better than Tomato game and move on.

Good players are not passive.  You cannot have a high WR and have a high Wn8 and be passive.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,918 posts
14,266 battles

You are playing a 1x23 game, get a division to be in a 3x21 situation.

[SALVO]
Members
23,801 posts
24,399 battles
13 minutes ago, Boghie said:

Well, I'm a Noob in WoWS - but have about the same number of games in WoT that you have in WoWS...  My guess is that the patterns of gameplay are somewhat similar...

Good players are not passive.  You cannot have a high WR and have a high Wn8 and be passive.

Boghie, there are some very similar patterns in the game play between WoT and WoWS.  In both games, positioning is important, but also knowing when it's the right time to move is also important.

IMO, WoWS is by its nature somewhat more passive than WoT, but that in and of itself isn't a bad thing.  WoWS battles progress more slowly and engagements tend to occur at relatively greater ranges.  WoT engagements are often at rather close range while WoWS engagements are at more mid to longish ranges.  It's just the nature of things.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,761 posts
11,055 battles

- DD's may try to push up, but will often flee because of radar from behind an island, lighting them up so the entire red team shoots at them

- Similar as above but instead carrier pins them down, so slow pace to stick with cruisers because planes still 3D spot.

- Cruisers are afraid of BB nuking them from range  so stay back or hide behind islands when they have the shell arc to.

- Similar point IFHE is also lethal against cruisers that otherwise would have bounced AP or shattered HE, some that lack repair and will be eaten alive

- BB's, for some reason, are still afraid of torps that aren't PA, which causes hesitancy, plus the fact that DD's and cruisers aren't spotting, which means they can't see those red ships, which adds to it.

- then you again have IFHE, or in lower tiers just straight HE, combined with wires on some DD's and most CL that just rips HE away while starting fires that eat away 18% of HP base when Repair Party only heals 14% base, and generally speaking on average 1 repair deals with the damage of 1 fire and doesn't account for all the pen damage that only 50% of the HP can be repaired of. Now add in HE spamming BB's They won't move up due to fires and 152 mm and other auto-penning rounds.

- You then have some of them having laughable AA, so they stay near the cruisers, that are behind the islands, to counter CV's.

- And then you have the CV's that while the ship is supposed to be in the back, the planes go and do things, but depending on the team make up, they may just sit around circling because if high tier, they can blast through most AA but low tier most AA will obliterate the planes. And this is further aided by the insane decision that EVERYTHING got a aerial spotting buff that now  many of the most lethal AA cruisers aren't spotted till around when they start firing, some of which have smoke, will go in smoke screens, or hide behind islands, which we can't see them shooting at us, which then makes us hesitant to attack till they are spotted and destroyed, or more accurately near incapable of. 

So - until they fix radar, nerf BB's damage a tad, remove spotting from CV's to be minimap only and for themselves, fix IFHE and fire combo, and balance AA, expect the camp meta to continue in full effect.

Sign in to follow this