Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher7_1944

BWAHAHAHA- Repub's secondaries!

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,258 posts

This ship is a freaking monster, lol.   I just killed a Yamato with secondaries!!  Never fired my main battery at him, but did 50,202 pts of damage.   Also did significant damage to a Cleveland and the red Repub.   Those two I DID fire at- and smashed.   Beating up the CV and eating a bunch of his planes was just icing on the cake.

Ended up with 4 kills;  196.875 damage;  (26,180 from secondaries, and 65,963 from the 8 fires they started!)  18 plane kills; and 3 citadels.

That was fun 5/5 would do again.

Members
548 posts
8,205 battles

Yeah, I've found them to be surprisingly good even without any modules or captain's skills(no AFT/BFT/Manual). 

Not a ton of shell damage for me, but seems to set fires pretty reliably in brawling situations.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[WOLF3]
Members
22,879 posts
20,803 battles

Repbulique and GK Secondaries are great here.  GK in particular is insanity because of the pen of her secondaries when IFHE is taken.  Even without IFHE, it's already a lot of pen.  Repbulique is a great fire starter with the Secondaries.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

This ship is a freaking monster, lol.   I just killed a Yamato with secondaries!!  Never fired my main battery at him, but did 50,202 pts of damage.   Also did significant damage to a Cleveland and the red Repub.   Those two I DID fire at- and smashed.   Beating up the CV and eating a bunch of his planes was just icing on the cake.

Ended up with 4 kills;  196.875 damage;  (26,180 from secondaries, and 65,963 from the 8 fires they started!)  18 plane kills; and 3 citadels.

That was fun 5/5 would do again.

Yup, Republique is a beast. The secondary guns are great (furthest firing of any ship in game as well). The fast firing main guns and those great secondary guns make it very good for Co-op. It rivals Montana for my favorite T10 BB.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,258 posts

I decided to give it another try, and got 3 kills and 120k damage.   Nearly 1 shotted the CV, too. lol- he turned at JUST the right moment to catch my salvo right in the engine room.

Alas, the bots got smarter- they didn't allow me to linger at 7-10 km from several of them at once...   Though I DID blow up the DD with secondaries.  Served the little stinker right for throwing torpedoes my way.   (but thanks for helping me out with the spot 1 billion torpedoes mission, dude.)

(WHY is hunting for destroyers with a battleship so entertaining?)

Any of you fellas also own Gascogne?   Imo, it's nearly as fun to play.   Not as brutally effective, of course, but the same playstyle works just as well.  (provided you aren't the token tier 8 in a tier 10 all BB fight, that is)   I landed a nice citadel+ several normal pens salvo on a Monarch today.   He was beating up on 2 of my tier 6 teammates, and I had to put a stop to that crap.

Same match, our Pensacola led a Richie on a merry chase around islands- he'd pop out, blast him for a bunch of damage- then sail back behind an island.   Kept ol Richie occupied, while we sank his team- then led him right to us, where we were waiting guns trained.  It was a beautiful thing to watch, lol.

[PVE]
Members
10,236 posts
18,844 battles
2 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I decided to give it another try, and got 3 kills and 120k damage.   Nearly 1 shotted the CV, too. lol- he turned at JUST the right moment to catch my salvo right in the engine room.

Alas, the bots got smarter- they didn't allow me to linger at 7-10 km from several of them at once...   Though I DID blow up the DD with secondaries.  Served the little stinker right for throwing torpedoes my way.   (but thanks for helping me out with the spot 1 billion torpedoes mission, dude.)

(WHY is hunting for destroyers with a battleship so entertaining?)

Any of you fellas also own Gascogne?   Imo, it's nearly as fun to play.   Not as brutally effective, of course, but the same playstyle works just as well.  (provided you aren't the token tier 8 in a tier 10 all BB fight, that is)   I landed a nice citadel+ several normal pens salvo on a Monarch today.   He was beating up on 2 of my tier 6 teammates, and I had to put a stop to that crap.

Same match, our Pensacola led a Richie on a merry chase around islands- he'd pop out, blast him for a bunch of damage- then sail back behind an island.   Kept ol Richie occupied, while we sank his team- then led him right to us, where we were waiting guns trained.  It was a beautiful thing to watch, lol.

I have Gascan and like it a lot.

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts
9,722 battles

Sometimes the stars align and you get a killer game. Other night in the Montana, 263K damage, 4 kills (a Montana, Soyuz, Shokaku, and Mogami), 166 hits and 12K damage from the secondarys, and 17K damage from 5 fires, and 38 plane kills.

Just a 13 pointer with the basic BB build and BoS, no secondary or AA upgrades or skills, and I didn't fire a single round of HE from the main guns. Just myself, one other player in a NC, and 12 bots. It was simply a "target rich" environment, close in and hairy, and the bots were kind enough to take turns presenting themselves, instead of mobbing me all at once, thanks in some small part to the friendly bots being "just good enough" to keep other targets busy until I'd tackled more immediate threats, before dying themselves.

166 secondary hits in a Montana with base secondarys, that's definitely close range brawling.

Sign in to follow this