Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

Siroco OP?

18 comments in this topic

Members
654 posts

This thing seems incredibly strong with the reload booster. Was this bote even tested???? I never saw or heard of it until this event.   I'm glad I have it but damn, that is some serious firepower for a T5 dd. 

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

it's a 4 gun boat with an 18-second turret traverse,  pretty slow for a DD making it almost unable to maneuver while firing,   6 second reload base,  and the reload booster doesn't last but 4 salvos if timed just right.   in the right hands,  it can be strong. but it has no smoke and a 7km base detection.     OP , not even close.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,951 posts
20,872 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the stats seem to say Nyet....:Smile_sceptic:

image.thumb.png.9a8ebc99cf6f1737528178a841c40bbf.png

WOW glad I didn't pay for mine! :Smile_teethhappy:  I mean, Tier V has a few stinker DDs there, but WOW!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SALVO]
Members
23,440 posts
24,062 battles
20 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

OP? The Siroco? Someone's been doing some day drinking.

No kidding, SkaerKrow.

38 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You truly believe Sirco to be OP? My good sir do you know what OP means? LOL.

Agree 10000%.

It's nuts to me that anyone would think that the Siroco is OP.  The thing is quite slow for a tier 5 DD, though with a speed flag and speed boost, it can get up a nice turn of speed.  Regardless, the Siroco is nothing special.  Not bad, but not OP either.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,298 posts
33 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

WOW glad I didn't pay for mine! :Smile_teethhappy:  I mean, Tier V has a few stinker DDs there, but WOW!

Considering most premiums when they are first released have inflated stats due to early adopters, it may be even uglier than that....:Smile_glasses:

It's nothing special by any means. Reload booster is nice, but you have few options for disengaging, and you can't really outrun anything, so if you don't kill them...you're toast.

[KWF]
Members
3,742 posts
5,409 battles

It's a reasonable "reward mehbote" methinks.

I would recommend anyone to just get the coal for Aigle and be done with it, smoke is a nice cushion.

Members
539 posts
4,879 battles

Siroco is ok. The MBRB helps a lot. Further up the line the French DDs are downright scary. My first game I was one kill from a kraken. I don’t think a large number of players will be able to make them work. They don’t play like any other DD line, especially starting at T8. But hey, the more people that think they’re weak, the less likely they are to nerf them.

[SIX]
[SIX]
Beta Testers
20 posts
7,775 battles

I don't think OP means what the O.P. thinks it means.  That being said, its a a fun boat at tier but over-powered?  Not even close.

[R-F]
Members
1,662 posts
9,799 battles

I've only played a few games in each but my impression has been that the Jaguar is decent but the Siroco is hot garbage.  Power to you if you're making it work though.

[HINON]
Members
3,228 posts
23,932 battles

Lol I won’t lie, when I took out Sirico the first couple times,  she was pretty strong. She’s a fun bote for sure. 

[INTEL]
Members
11,531 posts
32,243 battles
10 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

This thing seems incredibly strong with the reload booster. 

Yes, with reload booster she can fire salvos almost as rapidly as the Nicholas can without it. 

• Funny 1

Members
1,105 posts
1,286 battles
9 hours ago, awiggin said:

Considering most premiums when they are first released have inflated stats due to early adopters, it may be even uglier than that....

That's usually only the case with steel/ranked reward ships. With reward ships like Siroco which can be bought early for money, it's usually the wallet warrior that get a hold of them first so the stats are lower than they normally would be.

• Boring 1

[WOLF4]
Members
815 posts
9,941 battles

I've only played a dozen or so matches in the Sirocco, and about the same with Jag.

I find both to be very strong destroyers in their tier spread - very strong.

The torps are fast and though it's not wide, there is a fair stealth window - which allows very effective attacks against pushing flanks.

The guns are good, the arcs make knife fighting other DDs very viable - and the alpha against BB superstructure, to say nothing of the very good fire chance - coupled with good speed, make them excellent gun boats.

Honestly, if the rest of the line is as strong as these two boats, it's going to be a quick grind indeed!

Can't even imagine the match effect the line will have with RDF on the skipper (just need a couple more points - took CE on the first pass) - red DDs will not be safe at all - and as we know, removing the opposition's DDs makes the likelihood of win very likely indeed.

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
310 posts

I mean, she's a Tier V. If you find yourself top tier, she's fine. And if you have a good commander for her - I use Honoré in a gunboat configuration set up specifically for the Aigle, and I move him back to the Siroco whenever I play her - she's a reasonable gunboat/wannabe CL. But no. No, the slow, not particularly nimble, not particularly stealthy DD with fairly average guns and torps is not, in fact, OP. The reload booster is nice for burst damage and saves her from being outright bad, but she's decent at best.

Edited by Hermetica

Sign in to follow this