You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Petition To Have The Cheiftain As First Unique Submarine Captain

34 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,216 posts
19,533 battles

Well Submarines are coming and back 4 years ago WG PR face was the @The_Chieftain who put out a Vid saying that NO Subs would be In Game then 3 years later had to eat humble pie.

So I call upon WG to ask The chieftain if he would be the first Unique Naval Captain with Special Submarine skills and traits.

Its only early days but now is the time commence planning a table of skills for Submarine Captains and a Event for players to perform tasks to achieve this worthy Captain if The chieftain accepts this proposal.

Now is the time if he accepts to prepare his likeness to a portrait for a Submarine Captain for the 2020 release of this type of ship when they go on the live server.

For those new to the game and the community this is the one of the vids on subs The Chieftain was in

Regards

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

[ONE]
Members
319 posts
17,737 battles

No, we get more than enough of his overblown ego as it is.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,237 posts
9,171 battles

excellent idea. clearly much thought has been put into this proposal.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
3,007 posts
3,304 battles

It would be funny. That was literally my first thought when WG announced subs, "what is Chieftan going to say now?" That vid of him saying no subs was the response to every sub post ever made.

[HELLS]
Members
2,387 posts
23,441 battles

Nope. Here is my list of underwater warriors. Lt. Cmdr Malcom David ''Tubby'' Wanklyn, VC (HMS Upholder) for the RN, Kapitanleutnant. Otto Kretschmer, KC (U-99) for the DKM, Lt Cmdr Richard O'Kane, (USS Tang) MOH  for the USN, Commander Narahara Shogo (I-19 sunk USS Wasp and damaged USS O'Brien and USS North Carolina - the most effective torpedo spread ever fired in history)for the IJN, Cmdr Luigi Durand De La Penne, RM, sank HMS Queen Elizabeth in Alexandria harbor (and received his Medaglia D'Oro awarded for this act from the hands of Admiral Andrew Brown Cunningham  after the Italian surrender), Capitaine de corvette Jean L'Herminier, MN, commandant du sous-marin Casabianca, the Allied expert in clandestine submarine operations, and  Lt. Alexsandr Marinesko, VMF, commander of S23 which sank the Wilhelm Gustloff.

• Cool 3

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,165 posts
24,340 battles
39 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Nope. Here is my list of underwater warriors. Lt. Cmdr Malcom David ''Tubby'' Wanklyn, VC (HMS Upholder) for the RN, Kapitanleutnant. Otto Kretschmer, KC (U-99) for the DKM, Lt Cmdr Richard O'Kane, (USS Tang) MOH  for the USN, Commander Narahara Shogo (I-19 sunk USS Wasp and damaged USS O'Brien and USS North Carolina - the most effective torpedo spread ever fired in history)for the IJN, Cmdr Luigi Durand De La Penne, RM, sank HMS Queen Elizabeth in Alexandria harbor (and received his Medaglia D'Oro awarded for this act from the hands of Admiral Andrew Brown Cunningham  after the Italian surrender), Capitaine de corvette Jean L'Herminier, MN, commandant du sous-marin Casabianca, the Allied expert in clandestine submarine operations, and  Lt. Alexsandr Marinesko, VMF, commander of S23 which sank the Wilhelm Gustloff.

This.....these selected commanders are some of the best to ever command submarines.

[_RNG_]
Beta Testers
313 posts
12,173 battles
2 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Sir Sean Connery for the Russian Sub.

Sean C.jpg

Now that would be epic....    

as for chieftain, Definit No.  I dont see even why he would be a captain for just saying what is boss' were asking of  him.  He's certainly not a name i think of when talking about Wows.    

[SUCIT]
Members
649 posts
15,829 battles
1 hour ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Could also add "Mush" Morton (USS Wahoo), Mannert L. Abele (USS Grunion), and Gunther Prien (U-47).

Members
3,968 posts
4,264 battles

I petition to have the Cheiftain as a captain in general. Maybe even have the random chance to make the basic tank crew voices say their lines. 

Shatter your shells and get, "No penetration." 

• Boring 1

[SBS]
Members
4,996 posts
2,408 battles

Maybe have the Chieftain unique commander as a reward for a campaign during the sub testing phase in order to motivate people to test.   

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
11,105 posts
4 hours ago, tm63au said:

Well Submarines are coming and back 4 years ago WG PR face was the @The_Chieftain who put out a Vid saying that NO Subs would be In Game then 3 years later had to eat humble pie.

Chieftain did not have to eat humble pie, he wasn't wrong about subs. Chieftain is the one person inside WG I actually still trust after all these years of WOT and WOWS.

WG has decided to ignore all the ways he was right, and undercut their own man completely, and go for the submarine money grab.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,781 posts
20,710 battles
3 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Will he be holding a sub (sandwich) in his profile?

Talking about submarines in WoWS while holding a sub sandwich while standing in front of a submarine museum.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,803 posts
4,594 battles

The Chieftain is too tall.  He doesn't fit in subs.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
9,237 posts
9,171 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

they can load him lengthwise via the torpedo loading hatch.

[SBS]
Members
4,996 posts
2,408 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That didn't stop him from crewing in an Abrams.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,803 posts
4,594 battles
4 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

That didn't stop him from crewing in an Abrams.

And if you'd seen some of the tiny tanks he's squeezed into, you'd realize that he folds.

[HELLS]
Members
2,387 posts
23,441 battles
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Could also add "Mush" Morton (USS Wahoo), Mannert L. Abele (USS Grunion), and Gunther Prien (U-47).

Or Lawson Ramage for that matter. Lots of good ones out there that deserve recognition. Schepke, Willenbroek, Hartenstein, Max Horton, George Grider, the list is endless...

Members
306 posts
14,852 battles

Should there ever be a Pan-European line of Submarines, it must have the Baron Von Trapp as a CO.  Yes, the  "The Sound of Music" Von Trapp.  A WW1 Austro-Hungarian Submarine CO.  Von Trapp earned their prestigious award the  "Military Order of Maria Theresa".  He commanded submarines SM U-6, U-5 and U-14. Von Trapp's wartime record was 19 war patrols; 11 cargo vessels , 1 French CA, and 1 Italian Submarine sunk.  His accomplishment includes conducting the first underwater nighttime submarine attack on a vessel in the Adriatic . 

As the song goes... " the seas where alive with the sounds of torpedoes.."" .. Or something like that.

IF WG goes with unique or special commanders,  Mush Morton (Wahoo), [edited] O'Kane (Tang - Medal of Honor), and Slade Cutter (Seahorse) should be included. These three really, in my view, defined US Submarine operations.When in WW2 a force comprising less than 2% of the USN accounted for over 50% of enemy shipping sunk. The commanders legacy combined with the sacrifice of the 52 boats and 3k men still on patrol, still set the standards of excellence and traditions adhered to by today's men and women of the Submarine Force. But i could be a bit biased.  ~FTG1/SS Retired [AS-40. SSN669,SSN613, SSN751]

[CO-OP]
Members
635 posts
20,317 battles

Matthew T. "Matt" Sherman, USN

Captain 1st Rank Marko Aleksandrovich Ramius,

Commander P.J. "Rich" Richardson

Capt.-Lt. Henrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Captain Murrell

Kapitän-Leutnant von Stolberg

[PVE]
Members
888 posts
6,780 battles
6 hours ago, tm63au said:

So I call upon WG to ask The chieftain if he would be the first Unique Naval Captain with Special Submarine skills and traits.

Only if he talks like he is in a tank like he is completely oblivious to the fact that is indeed in a floaty thing.

I might pay doubloons for that.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[OLDSK]
Beta Testers
421 posts
6,343 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

No, it doesn't matter how tall he is.  Just the opportunity to have your sub Commander shout: "Oh my god, the sub is on fire!!!", and an animation of him trying to get out quickly makes subs in the game totally worth it.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
7,350 posts
5,326 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Talking about submarines in WoWS while holding a sub sandwich while standing in front of a submarine museum.

Instead of a uniform, he could be wearing a subway shirt.