You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

What was your worst losing streak...

14 comments in this topic

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles

There’s a saying I can’t quote exactly but basically goes something like- “If everyone was able to put their problems out on their doorstep for everyone to see, after looking at those around them they would gladly take their own back in and work on them with renewed vigor.”

I don’t want to huff and puff about teams, game mechanics or ship types ([edited] carriers) but I’m in a losing funk that has lasted a few weeks- pretty much since I came back- and I’m trying to break out of it. My WR over the past week solo is 22% and I think my overall solo has come down about .2% since I came back and while that appears minuscule over 8000 battles that’s a lot of losses. I’m having the same issue with divisions. This isn’t so much about stats (they’re a bit of it, admittedly) but mostly just about my enjoyment of the game or lack thereof. “Taking a break” is what I just finished doing and is a likely cause.  I’m could still just knocking some noob rust off-

My plan to improve in the past has generally revolved around better balancing the use of my HP since my survival rate has always been a bit on the high side. This suggests I’m not pushing early enough in influential ships to make a difference- but I’m having a real hard time trying to execute. It’s a work in progress that has left the game empty of gratification but the drive to reverse my fortunes continues somewhat begrudgingly.

What was your worst losing streak? Did you discover anything about your play style which may have been hindering you and what (If anything) did you do to correct it? Maybe you can give the rest of us some ideas .

Edited by _ENO_

[HINON]
Members
12,156 posts

Way back in the day I was taking my Bismarck out for some XP on a triple XP weekend. 12 losses later I finally had a win on lucky battle 13. I broke my rule of a break after 3 losses and this just reaffirmed why I follow that rule lol.

Edited by RipNuN2

Members
620 posts
2,193 battles

Last year I played 5 games every day, 5 losses each day for a total of 15 straight =(

Lost 6 in a row tonight all in the Kitakaze, now with a sub 35%wr. match maker hates this boat.. 

Members
42 posts
595 battles
52 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

There’s a saying I can’t quote exactly but basically goes something like- “If everyone was able to put their problems out on their doorstep for everyone to see, after looking at those around them they would gladly take their own back in and work on them with renewed vigor.”

I don’t want to huff and puff about teams, game mechanics or ship types ([edited] carriers) but I’m in a losing funk that has lasted a few weeks- pretty much since I came back- and I’m trying to break out of it. My WR over the past week solo is 22% and I think my overall solo has come down about .2% since I came back and while that appears minuscule over 8000 battles that’s a lot of losses. I’m having the same issue with divisions. This isn’t so much about stats (they’re a bit of it, admittedly) but mostly just about my enjoyment of the game or lack thereof. “Taking a break” is what I just finished doing and is a likely cause.  I’m could still just knocking some noob rust off-

My plan to improve in the past has generally revolved around better balancing the use of my HP since my survival rate has always been a bit on the high side. This suggests I’m not pushing early enough in influential ships to make a difference- but I’m having a real hard time trying to execute. It’s a work in progress that has left the game empty of gratification but the drive to reverse my fortunes continues somewhat begrudgingly.

What was your worst losing streak? Did you discover anything about your play style which may have been hindering you and what (If anything) did you do to correct it? Maybe you can give the rest of us some ideas .

I know you have a bit of 'recency bias' going - because we won most of our Division battles.  I'm using the 'Imperial We' of course, and perhaps you really don't count Tier III battles:fish_panic:

I haven't played WoWS long enough to establish a good losing streak, but in tanks I think it was a seven game in a row fandango.  There were sessions with an amazing WR in the 30%s and a few in the 20%s as well.  It is the latter that bother me more than the losses in a row.  I simply am not crappy enough in anything to hold a 0% WR - I hope.

All joking aside, and with full knowledge that I haven't learned to sleuth the stats yet, I would probably recommend longer sessions.  Losing 6 in a row probably deserves a 'Time Off Award', but a 3 game session - even if all losses - can be pushed though.  Let it ride!!!  Your internals look excellent (with the noted caveat).  It looks like you are getting both the damage and gun removal a team needs to win so my guess is you are getting to the fight.  On the other hand, unlike Tanks, you can often lose and still not die.  In tanks, if you lose than 98% of the time you are dead - capping is a very rare occurrence.  So, the question is:  Is your damage and kills coming early or late.  Early, no issue.  Late, you gotta get in there early and be a difference maker - you have the skillz (as the kiddies spell it)...

[0456]
Members
450 posts
8,839 battles
1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

What was your worst losing streak?

14 battles

1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

Did you discover anything about your play style which may have been hindering you

i sucked

1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

and what (If anything) did you do to correct it? Maybe you can give the rest of us some ideas .

i got better.  improve

[BS]
Members
1,882 posts
9,583 battles

the conspiratorial part of my brain wonders if the matchmaker detects if someone is playing a lot of games, and turns them into fodder by putting them on the weaker team, causing losses.... to keep the matchmaker full at the rank your spamming the games in.

They do have that imperative to prevent people from ranking out super fast, who knows what kind of sneaky crap they do. Some people are just so good that the negative handicap's don't hinder them though.

DO i really believe that, lol... idk. but sometimes it feels like it. I lost like 8 games in a row in the Neustrashimy. Played 3 games the day before, Won 2... Played 3 games after that day... Won 2. Also, the time you're playing might effect your winrate, i have this feeling that playing after 7-8pm chicago time might be detrimental.

Look at my overall winrate, it's positive... Those 8 losses in a row were a fluke.

image.thumb.png.02f5340af000f1269ffc1184ce4c5070.png

Edited by HorrorRoach

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles
26 minutes ago, Boghie said:

I know you have a bit of 'recency bias' going - because we won most of our Division battles.  I'm using the 'Imperial We' of course, and perhaps you really don't count Tier III battles:fish_panic:

I haven't played WoWS long enough to establish a good losing streak, but in tanks I think it was a seven game in a row fandango.  There were sessions with an amazing WR in the 30%s and a few in the 20%s as well.  It is the latter that bother me more than the losses in a row.  I simply am not crappy enough in anything to hold a 0% WR - I hope.

All joking aside, and with full knowledge that I haven't learned to sleuth the stats yet, I would probably recommend longer sessions.  Losing 6 in a row probably deserves a 'Time Off Award', but a 3 game session - even if all losses - can be pushed though.  Let it ride!!!  Your internals look excellent (with the noted caveat).  It looks like you are getting both the damage and gun removal a team needs to win so my guess is you are getting to the fight.  On the other hand, unlike Tanks, you can often lose and still not die.  In tanks, if you lose than 98% of the time you are dead - capping is a very rare occurrence.  So, the question is:  Is your damage and kills coming early or late.  Early, no issue.  Late, you gotta get in there early and be a difference maker - you have the skillz (as the kiddies spell it)...

True we did have some luck- I'm more just griping about being unable to lock down anything consistent... particularly at high tiers. Maybe that's the issue is my skill level isn't adjusted to that- going to lower tier to work back into it again may be the issue. 

19 minutes ago, y_vonne said:

i got better.  improve

Cool insights- thanks for weighing in. 

[WOLF5]
Members
3,058 posts
3,318 battles

Not consecutive games, but I had a 7 game losing streak in my Montana a couple weeks back. 53% WR in that ship, couldn't get a win to save my life. I have just never had that bad luck with teams, most were lost 2 minutes in. Some I carried hard, but they failed harder. Some we almost won, just to blow it at the end. I played about the same, I think I just had a bad streak of luck with some of the worst teams I have seen. What broke the streak? A 35K damage game where I died early after screwing up. I don't know what I did to offend RNGesus, but it must have been pretty bad.

[TORCH]
Members
318 posts
10,732 battles

A few months ago, I lost 8 games in a row, playing my Omaha, one of my better-performing ships.  It took about 3 months for my win rate in that ship to recover to where it had been.  I thought that was pretty bad, then...

Just a few days ago, I had one of those really frustrating streaks.  I don't generally keep track, but at some point I noticed I seemed to be loosing a lot.  I fell into the "just one more game, surely I'll win this time" trap, and kept ignoring the part of my brain that was saying "to heck with this, quit for awhile, or play coop to restore some self-esteem".  The result was that when I finally quit - late that night - I had played 18 games and lost 14 of them.

[INTEL]
Members
1,591 posts
13,545 battles

17. My first real foray into Ranked. Was playing a radar Mino and on a great run to reach rank 4 with one star to reach rank 3. I had just had an amazing run winning something like 10 of 12 and poof...

17 straight losses to drop to rank 8.

[0456]
Members
450 posts
8,839 battles
35 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Cool insights- thanks for weighing in. 

did'nt think i elaborated enough, lol?  it's no big mystery.  there's videos, (youtube), & more than enough posts & ppl to help those that wan't it.  other than that it's practice, practice & more practice.  no one's incapable from from improving.  how bad u wan't to improve & the time that might be required to do so is up to the individual

Members
42 posts
595 battles
54 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

True we did have some luck- I'm more just griping about being unable to lock down anything consistent... particularly at high tiers. Maybe that's the issue is my skill level isn't adjusted to that- going to lower tier to work back into it again may be the issue. 

I would be careful - in a concerned kinda way - about dropping down to the Chaos Tiers where I am at right now.  If WoWS is anything like WoT you will relearn all the bad habits you had to unlearn the first time you got through Tier V or VI.  I would stick with the higher tiers (guessing VII+, but maybe VI+) and gut it out.  My guess is the game is faster, the positioning is better, the shooting is better, etc. up there than down here in the mud. 

You really don't want to relearn the bad lanes we NewBs and Noobs take to the battle:Smile_Default:  Nor, do you want to inadvertently get lazy in ship positioning, gunfire, and torp use because you simply can at the lower tiers.

Your internals are good.  Gut her out, it will all be fine in the end... 

[WORX]
Members
7,242 posts
16,475 battles

in co-op... 2 games total...

In Randoms, that depends on what I am trying to do with the reality of the available population..

It just depends, on how long I want to play knowing full well I'll get a win. Eventually.

Members
840 posts
14,046 battles

Longest losing streaks was 12 games, that became 14 of 15 and 18 of 20.

On the other side I won 21 battled in a row once.

It evens out.