Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11C4O

Ships I'd Rather see than another Tier 10.

27 comments in this topic

Members
422 posts
202 battles

With the incoming glut of Tier 9 and 10 premiums I figured I'd come up with a list of ships I'd rather see.

1. Any of the Italian Lines

2. HMS Achilles/ INS Dehli in a package like NDJ/ Boise.

3. SMS Blucher with pre buff Yorck guns on a 15sec reload at tier 4

4. Gleaves class USS Eberle/ Greek Navy Niki

5.  BB Rivadavia, Minaes Geraes.

6. Tier II HMCS Rainbow 1890's cruiser

7. Bundesmarine Zerstorer 1 yeah that's right a Kraut Fletcher.

8. A Wickes in Soviet colors

9. Any of the 5 Town class DD's in Soviet Service.

10. BB Archangelsk so we can get a Revenge class in the game.

11. Alt US BB line so WGing can quit making premiums out of what could be an entire new line.

12. HMS Dragon/ ORP Dragon same as NDJ/ Boise.

13. HMS Delhi so we can have a mid to low tier AA cruiser not named Yubari.

14. Kilkis or Lemnos. Do to them what was done to the French Tier III BB. ( Fantasy Gun refit to fit the game).

Well there is 14 of the top of my head that I'd much rather see than another tier 10 premium. What do you guys want to see?

Making it 15

15. The line for the Dutch navy @Lert created awhile back. waiting on link will edit.

Tier 5-6 De Ruyter?

Edited by IronMike11C4O
  • Cool 4

[KWF]
Members
3,741 posts
5,401 battles

Dido please, any ship will do.

Modernized hull of Blyskawica with 4x2 101mm guns.

Destroyer Vasilissa Olga; basically a British G class that carries German guns.

A proper German Battlecruiser. 

A few of the Japanese CLs.

Hornet with the B-25s.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,300 posts
22,047 battles

You funny. Now go to gulag.

(Don’t you know? Spreadsheet says players only want endgame ships Comrade!)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Funny 2

[RAN]
Members
47 posts
22,360 battles

HMAS Sydney

HMNZS New Zealand

HMS Active

HMS Agincourt

USS Olympia

HMS Penelope ("Pepperpot")

HMS Airedale or the Norwegian Narvik 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,246 posts
13,032 battles

Well, according to a list on Reddit that looks right to me there are currently 21 announced but unreleased premiums. Though Thunderer and Slava might be 'alternate T10's' for 19.

Of those 21, 10 are T10 and 2 are T9.

After years of limiting the game largely to T8 premiums, then adding a few T9, the odd T10 the floodgates seem to have opened. 

I'm not that enthralled by this. These premiums are increasingly papertastic or fantasy - Hayate, Marceau, Paolo Emilio in particular are galling. Some of the others are pretty darn lazy outputs with long term balance issues.

I didn't want the competitive T10 having premiums added, they seemingly can't/won't be re-balanced and T10 is the 'competitive' tier. The more T10 premiums, the greater the risk of 'Belfasting' the tier. 

There's also what looks to me like outright 'asset stripping': take what could be the core of a new branch - Somers/Benham as a DL branch, Alaska/PR as a supercruiser branch and make it premium. Even the NTC with multiple line resets for a T10 like Colbert is disproportionate effort and I think WG just want people to FXP for doubloons to get it, we'll see how many day 1 Colbert's there are... Short termism.

As for ships I'd rather see, sure I'd like a Dido, in fact I think it's apalling that of the 'destroyer armed cruisers' we'll have Atlanta (reasonable), Flint, the Soviet paper Smolensk and Colbert before one is even announced. Despite Sirius having been in the Blitz version for coming on a year (clearly WG have problems accessing British ship plans...).

But... I'd also like to see a Dido, C- and D- class AA cruisers as a mini-branch along with the K25 concept (if memory serves a Fiji hull with 8x 5.25in turrets). I'd like to see a British heavy cruiser and battlecruiser branch as much as I'd like to see a Norfolk or a Renown. 

I'd like to see a broader collection of Pan European ships, Isaac Sweers, Vasilissa Olga, Stord etc. 

Ultimately what I want doesn't matter a jot, and WG gonna WG - saturate the US and Russian markets as much as they can (though if even diehard Russians are excited by Poltava I'll be surprised). Hey ho.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[_-_]
Members
2,756 posts
7,776 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11C4O said:

With the incoming glut of Tier 9 and 10 premiums I figured I'd come up with a list of ships I'd rather see.

1. Any of the Italian Lines

2. HMS Achilles/ INS Dehli in a package like NDJ/ Boise.

3. SMS Blucher with pre buff Yorck guns on a 15sec reload at tier 4

4. Gleaves class USS Eberle/ Greek Navy Niki

5.  BB Rivadavia, Minaes Geraes.

6. Tier II HMCS Rainbow 1890's cruiser

7. Bundesmarine Zerstorer 1 yeah that's right a Kraut Fletcher.

8. A Wickes in Soviet colors

9. Any of the 5 Town class DD's in Soviet Service.

10. BB Archangelsk so we can get a Revenge class in the game.

11. Alt US BB line so WGing can quit making premiums out of what could be an entire new line.

12. HMS Dragon/ ORP Dragon same as NDJ/ Boise.

13. HMS Delhi so we can have a mid to low tier AA cruiser not named Yubari.

14. Kilkis or Lemnos. Do to them what was done to the French Tier III BB. ( Fantasy Gun refit to fit the game).

Well there is 14 of the top of my head that I'd much rather see than another tier 10 premium. What do you guys want to see?

1. Lexington-class US CC

2. County-class RN CA

3. Northampton-class US CA

4. South Dakota-class (1920) US BB

5. Renown RN CC

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

I'd rather see the real Poltava and Slava, not the fake Poltava and Slava. The same goes for other ships like Hindenburg and Lion.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
26,940 posts
14,550 battles

One of the county class cruisers that served in the royal Australian navy during wwii and a tier 5 or tier 6 IJN prem cruiser.

• Cool 1

Members
422 posts
202 battles
3 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

One of the county class cruisers that served in the royal Australian navy during wwii and a tier 5 or tier 6 IJN prem cruiser.

I just watched a documentary on them finding the Sydney and the Kormoran wrecks. Somehow some way OP of the Week???

[SPTR]
Members
26,940 posts
14,550 battles

I forgot to mention the 2 french CA classes that preceeded the Algerie, which are the Suffren and Duquesne class heavy cruisers  they are basically a slightly faster t6 Algerie with no secondary guns and best of all they aren't paper fantasy ships and have survived to post wwii.

One of them could be an alt t6 line ship that you can grind through as an alternative to La Gal and the other one can be over buffed to fit as a tier 7 prem cruiser.

Edited by Rolkatsuki
  • Cool 1

Members
422 posts
202 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

See sig.

My bad, I forgot about the entire line you created. I'll edit my post to 15 ships or lines.

Do you have a copy of that Tech tree? Maybe add it to revive it. That was awhile ago you posted that.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,503 posts
16,307 battles
3 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

Do you have a copy of that Tech tree? Maybe add it to revive it. That was awhile ago you posted that.

Yeah it's an old thread. Not sure I fully agree with it anymore, many things have changed since then. Besides, there's not going to be a Dutch tree, any Dutch ships are going to be part of the Pan-EU tree, so it's outdated anyways.

• Cool 1

[-BSS-]
Members
214 posts
12,570 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Yeah it's an old thread. Not sure I fully agree with it anymore, many things have changed since then. Besides, there's not going to be a Dutch tree, any Dutch ships are going to be part of the Pan-EU tree, so it's outdated anyways.

So is it locked in that there will be an actual tree or is it still going to be premiums only?

Personally I want the Derfflinger in the game, but only if they do it right.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,503 posts
16,307 battles
6 minutes ago, littlejo1983 said:

So is it locked in that there will be an actual tree or is it still going to be premiums only?

Personally I want the Derfflinger in the game, but only if they do it right.

It's 'planned' / announced that minor european nations ships will go into an umbrella pan european nation, and that there won't be a researchable tech tree, just premiums. But then, they also announced that there won't be subs, so who knows. Plans change. Announcements become obsolete.

That said, I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for Derfflinger, that would go into the German nations. I think she'd be a T5.

[PVE]
Members
10,248 posts
18,899 battles

No problem for me with all the T9 and T10 ships (other than the utter :etc_swear: of WG gating Ohio behind NTC/RB = :Smile-angry:) but it would be nice to see other stuff too as well as new lines of tech tree ships. So I say (in no particular order)…

• Prince Of Wales (T6-T8 don't care - make it work and gimmie gimmie gimmie)
  • Time to add Battlecruisers as their own separate lines
  • US BB alt line
  • US DD alt line
  • British Heavy Cruiser line
  • British Premium CL that makes a useful Capt trainer (ie; no HE on it like Belfast)
  • More Nations like Pan Europe and Pan America
  • Stop gating new premium ships behind special resources as reward ships as well

[HMKZ]
[HMKZ]
Members
55 posts

SMS Derfflinger, SMS Von der Tann, SMS Bremen or a sister. Littorio/Italia (tech tree), armored cruiser Pisa, 1920's version with the foremast. IJN Tama with her neat winter camouflage.

I love my Alaska, but it's safe to say I'm not a fan of the longer, uglified T10 Alaska ...or any of the T9/10's announced.

[UFFA]
Members
1,916 posts
73 battles
On 8/17/2019 at 8:57 AM, mofton said:

Well, according to a list on Reddit that looks right to me there are currently 21 announced but unreleased premiums. Though Thunderer and Slava might be 'alternate T10's' for 19.

Of those 21, 10 are T10 and 2 are T9.

After years of limiting the game largely to T8 premiums, then adding a few T9, the odd T10 the floodgates seem to have opened. 

I'm not that enthralled by this. These premiums are increasingly papertastic or fantasy - Hayate, Marceau, Paolo Emilio in particular are galling. Some of the others are pretty darn lazy outputs with long term balance issues.

I didn't want the competitive T10 having premiums added, they seemingly can't/won't be re-balanced and T10 is the 'competitive' tier. The more T10 premiums, the greater the risk of 'Belfasting' the tier. 

There's also what looks to me like outright 'asset stripping': take what could be the core of a new branch - Somers/Benham as a DL branch, Alaska/PR as a supercruiser branch and make it premium. Even the NTC with multiple line resets for a T10 like Colbert is disproportionate effort and I think WG just want people to FXP for doubloons to get it, we'll see how many day 1 Colbert's there are... Short termism.

As for ships I'd rather see, sure I'd like a Dido, in fact I think it's apalling that of the 'destroyer armed cruisers' we'll have Atlanta (reasonable), Flint, the Soviet paper Smolensk and Colbert before one is even announced. Despite Sirius having been in the Blitz version for coming on a year (clearly WG have problems accessing British ship plans...).

But... I'd also like to see a Dido, C- and D- class AA cruisers as a mini-branch along with the K25 concept (if memory serves a Fiji hull with 8x 5.25in turrets). I'd like to see a British heavy cruiser and battlecruiser branch as much as I'd like to see a Norfolk or a Renown. 

I'd like to see a broader collection of Pan European ships, Isaac Sweers, Vasilissa Olga, Stord etc. 

Ultimately what I want doesn't matter a jot, and WG gonna WG - saturate the US and Russian markets as much as they can (though if even diehard Russians are excited by Poltava I'll be surprised). Hey ho.

Marceau just seems really odd. Given the historical plan for a DP 130mm going with Nato flavor 127mm on the destroyer line when it wasn’t needed is sad. Although since it seems WG has completely unshackled themselves from any historical limitations on ballistics it doesn’t matter. Italian Friant(Paolo Emilio) apparently will require a popular CC calling out WG on this travesty.which I don’t think will happen.

Poltava at VIII just seems like a setup for a run on the bank in the old WG premium system. Give it a gimmick to justify tier VIII then downtier and pull from shop after it overperforms. WG claims they won’t use this tactic anymore thanks to the Spreadsheettm. We will have to see.  

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
On 8/17/2019 at 7:10 AM, Prothall said:

HMS Glowworm. The gimmick could be she has her own ramming flag built in.

I'm still pissed that the Soupcan's premium camo didn't have a ramming bonus...

On the broader question:

1: Start working on the Pan American nation as a full tech tree. There is enough material there for a full DD tree, with a lot of unique ships. CL and BB trees are also possible, though the CL tree would require borrowing some hulls and the upper part of the BB tree would be flat out invented. (Still need less paper than some of the existing branches...) 

2: Pan-Europe DD tree. Between the Baltic/Scandinavian nations and the Eastern Mediterranean nations, there is enough there for a full tree.

3: Finish the Italians. I'm not an RM fanboy, but how it is that they are just NOW coming into the game defies all explanation

On specific ships, but in no particular order:

1: Argentine cruiser Almirante Brown. I wish WG would have used her as a test  bed for the RM cruisers, it is essentially Trento's mini-me.

2: BB Rio de Sultan Agincourt. Come on, WG, you can sell this thing under three different flags and it's got 14 guns...

3: Yugoslav DD Split: It was owned by like 4 different nations and sunk twice before it even finished building, the various versions of it could fill two or three different tiers in a Pan-Europe tree

4: Argentine DD Mendoza: This is low hanging fruit, all of the modeling is done, just need to kitbash it together and balance.

5: WV '44: California is nice, but I want my 16" doom turtle.

6: Samuel B Roberts: The model can be useful for all sorts of operations, and it's a premium that would sell great, even if it wasn't a "good" ship.

7: Gromoboi: Yes, yet another Russian armoured cruiser, but it's got 22 guns, including the one poking straight out it's bow...

8: DD Regele Ferdinand: I doubt the Romanian market is very large, but it's more low hanging fruit from the modeling perspective, and the story behind it is EPIC.

9: Canarias: Basically a Kent class CA that habla espanol.

10: South Dakota, 1920: I love doom turtles.

Matt

[WOLFG]
Members
25,647 posts
6,372 battles

If the Dutch 150mm guns behave like the German ones, I'd love to have De Ruyter, since the guns are my favorite part of my beloved KBerg.

[WOLFC]
Members
632 posts
22,837 battles

Lots of good suggestions on this thread. I can't add much more than say I vigorously agree with the wish to add more ships with actual service histories to the game. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,134 posts
4,903 battles

USN Pearl refits. 

Seriously, it's been too long.

Sign in to follow this