You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Corsair_I

100% GPU doing nothing in the port and menus

15 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,757 battles

From day one, the game is using 100% GPU doing nothing when in port or in one of those menus. It is not even using the GPU to display something moving on the screen because it is using 100 %  GPU when you are in armory for example. (not even have to calculate the waves in the port for example)

The only way to reduce the GPU load is to minimize the game. Please fix this bug as it has last for too long already.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,757 battles

It happens on more than one of my  computesr, so it is a bug, not my system, and it happens from day one. I have been through many versions of video drivers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,387 posts
12,931 battles

Start a ticket with support. Not everyone is having this issue.

[WORX]
Members
7,024 posts
16,417 battles
12 minutes ago, Corsair_I said:

It happens on more than one of my  computesr, so it is a bug, not my system, and it happens from day one. I have been through many versions of video drivers.

Think of it this way, no one else has this problem.. I've checked your history and you bought it up back in June... If you have your drivers up to date and still have issues then Fill a support ticket and see if they can find the issue...

Where I call into question on your story is 2 machines having the same problem (unique only to you since JUNE)... That is beyond coincidence. No two machines act the same at the same time

Edited by Navalpride33

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,757 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Think of it this way, no one else has this problem.. I've checked your history and you bought it up back in June... If you have your drivers up to date and still have issues then Fill a support ticket and see if they can find the issue...

Where I call [edited] on your story is 2 machines having the same problem (unique only to you since JUNE)... That is beyond coincidence. No two machines act the same at the same time

how can you tell it is unique to my computer? I bet you most of players do not even know how to check their GPU usage.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[SIC]
Members
94 posts
5,151 battles

My GPU is acting the same way. No other game does this to my system, just sitting in port or in the menus kicks GPU temps almost to 80C. It drops back to the 60s whenever I'm actually playing.  Although this only started happening with the last few patches.

Using the Azur Lane port and still getting less than 60fps and a bunch of micro-stutters at 4k (what I normally play at). Changing graphics settings does absolutely nothing. 

Also happens with my laptop, though I cant get any accurate temp readings from it. Just feels hotter and fans kick into high gear.

Tried reinstalling drivers and the game on different drives, from my slowest 5000rpm hard drive to my 3GB/s SSD, no change.

Both system's GPU drivers are up to date.

Desktop:

R7 1700x & GTX 1060

Laptop: 

i7-6700HQ & GTX 960M

[SIC]
Members
94 posts
5,151 battles
9 minutes ago, Corsair_I said:

how can you tell it is unique to my computer? I bet you most of players do not even know how to check their GPU usage.

A big chunk of 'em don't even know what GPU they have :/

Edited by emmapulido

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,757 battles

33 minutes ago, emmapulido said:

A big chunk of 'em don't even know what GPU they even have.

thank you for sharing your experience. Funny that you pop up as soon as NavalPride  says that no one else sees the problem. I just asked my clan mates to try to reproduce the problem. One of them said he can reproduce the problem when he sets his game in Windowed mode while in full screen mode, his GPU usage is low. I tried to go to full screen mode but the GPU is still at 99%.

[SIC]
Members
94 posts
5,151 battles
1 minute ago, Corsair_I said:

thank you for sharing your experience. Funny that you pop up as soon as NavalPride  says that no one else sees the problem. I just asked my clan mates to try to reproduce the problem. One of them said he can reproduce the problem when he set his game in Windowed mode while in full mode, his GPU usage is low. I tried to go to full screen mode but the GPU is still at 99%.

Navalpride is a strange fellow, to say the least. But anyway, I've been looking for more info on the issue ever since I started noticing it. Not a lot of people are having this issue, but a few people certainly are.

I've tried Windowed and Fullscreen-Windowed (borderless) on both machines, and have had the same effect: 100% GPU usage and about a 15fps drop on the desktop and 20fps drop on the laptop, due to windowed mode being more demanding to run.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
12,034 battles
1 hour ago, Corsair_I said:

From day one, the game is using 100% GPU doing nothing when in port or in one of those menus. It is not even using the GPU to display something moving on the screen because it is using 100 %  GPU when you are in armory for example. (not even have to calculate the waves in the port for example)

The only way to reduce the GPU load is to minimize the game. Please fix this bug as it has last for too long already.

Just checked mine and it is at 35-36% usage in port ( Surashima base ) in windowed mode . My rig is in my signature . Had a problem like your's in WoT 's Garage  5 or 6 years ago on my old PC and somehow found a solution but sorry my old man brain can not recall what the fix was . Have not had this problem since and not once on my new PC in the almost year and a half since I bought it  .

:Smile_honoring: 

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,757 battles
1 hour ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Just checked mine and it is at 35-36% usage in port ( Surashima base ) in windowed mode . My rig is in my signature . Had a problem like your's in WoT 's Garage  5 or 6 years ago on my old PC and somehow found a solution but sorry my old man brain can not recall what the fix was . Have not had this problem since and not once on my new PC in the almost year and a half since I bought it  .

You have a better system than mine. I have a first generation i7 (860) and an Nvidia Titan Black which was top of the line few years ago. But it is not a performance issue because it still use 100% GPU in a static screen like the armory where nothing is moving..I vaguely remember that problem in WOT but stopped playing WOT since WOWS was released so I cannot tell you if I have the same problem in WOT.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,757 battles
1 hour ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Actually, I just check on internet. The bug in WOT is a different one than in WOWS. The bug in WOT affects the CPU, not the GPU.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
728 posts
11,265 battles

Had this going on for close to forever. GPU (RX 570) goes to 100% while in port and can hear the fans spinning faster (has two). The temp also goes up as well as the GPU voltage by close to 15W or more over while in game. Been doing it for so on that I have just learned to live with it. Only thing I have found that helps is to Alt+Tab or Alt+Enter to minimize or go to windowed mode and then the GPU usage is the same as in game. It also doesn't seem to matter whether I run the game in full screen or windowed mode.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
504 posts
17,757 battles
20 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Had this going on for close to forever. GPU (RX 570) goes to 100% while in port and can hear the fans spinning faster (has two). The temp also goes up as well as the GPU voltage by close to 15W or more over while in game. Been doing it for so on that I have just learned to live with it. Only thing I have found that helps is to Alt+Tab or Alt+Enter to minimize or go to windowed mode and then the GPU usage is the same as in game. It also doesn't seem to matter whether I run the game in full screen or windowed mode.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do ALT + Tab to move the focus on an application  but never tried ALT + ENTER. I also have to minimize the game when not using it, but then I miss any message that a buddy sends me or an invitation for a division.