Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tanuvein

Final skill(s) for my Montana captain?

5 comments in this topic

[FYL]
Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

My Montana captain is getting really close to hitting level 19. I like my build so far, but I'm not sure what I'd use. I have 3 points left over once I hit 19. I currently have: PT, EM, AR, SI, CE and FP.

I've been thinking of Survivability Expert to be tankier or basics of Survivability because there are always fires.

Thanks in advance!

Members
405 posts
7 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

My Montana captain is getting really close to hitting level 19. I like my build so far, but I'm not sure what I'd use. I have 3 points left over once I hit 19. I currently have: PT, EM, AR, SI, CE and FP.

I've been thinking of Survivability Expert to be tankier or basics of Survivability because there are always fires.

Thanks in advance!

Personally I'd go with basic, extra health is fine but reducing DoT is better, at least in my opinion. Plus having only 3 fire spots is nice.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,929 posts
4,043 battles

In the nicest but most sincere way possible... NEVER go near SE on a BB. Under any circumstances (unless you are seeking a meme)

In other words, BoS is your friend no question. Combined with the legendary mod, flag, and slot 4 upgrade, Montana can get her fire time down to around 30 seconds. You don't have to take this path... but BoS is the far better choice here. If you don't mind a little extra fire time, then take vigilance or BFT if you hate planes. Just do not take SE on a BB. 

[WOLF5]
Members
3,066 posts
3,324 battles

BoS.

When someone says HP perk BB build, it's usually not a compliment, and there's a reason. The extra 3K HP is virtually irrelevant on top of 96K. You survive one more BB shell pen, and the extra damage you take from fire and flooding probably more than balances that out. DDs is another story, they have way less HP. But for BBs SE is a waste.

BoS on the other hand is always useful, being on fire less is always nice. Preventative maintenance to round off a solid survivability build. It's what I run on my Monty usually (I have 2 19 pt MT captains, I'm a USN BB guy). I have PT, PM, EM, AR, BoS, SI, FP, and CE. Other choices would be the one that buffs only the repair party, or vigilance for extra spotting on torpedoes.

Sign in to follow this